1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pooh was 175 at some retailers overseas. I could see wicket being $225

Pooh didn't get a US release so he didn't get the Sideshow price bump; he'd be $225 I bet. I truly hope they do a 2 pack with Leia and Wicket. If it came with a log piece for them to sit on that'd be incredible.

No offense, but that's pretty crazy. Log has been one of the most highly desired HT pieces for years. No way they just throw it in with some other figures. Everyone wants a log.

Everyone: “I hate Ewoks.”

Also everyone: “OMG WICKET INSTANT PREORDER.”

Lol I love this Wicket I hope it goes up for PO. ASAP.

Exactly....

This is why a Jar Jar will also sell...

Although Jar Jar is a thousand times worse than Wicket

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

No offense, but that's pretty crazy. Log has been one of the most highly desired HT pieces for years. No way they just throw it in with some other figures. Everyone wants a log.

It’s better than bad, it’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly....

This is why a Jar Jar will also sell...

Although Jar Jar is a thousand times worse than Wicket

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
Definitely wouldn't buy a Jar Jar, but I'd be interested in seeing how he turns out at least.

Definitely wouldn't buy a Jar Jar, but I'd be interested in seeing how he turns out at least.

I wouldn't either. Would prefer they don't spend valuable R&D time and expense there.

Probably too much of a risk for HT I would say.

Watch them bring him out at the next con now.

I wouldn't either. Would prefer they don't spend valuable R&D time and expense there.

Hard saying if they’d actually do Jar Jar or not. He’s not the most loved character by a long shot, but I feel like they’d maybe do a version of him still. Like him or hate him he’s a memorable part of the prequels and especially Episode I.

He's an okay design if not made to look too dumb. The other gungans looked much better but of course the movie got the slapstick fool.

From ToysTV:

64680821_743747766058311_4596296712519155712_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ToysTVhk/?tn-str=k*F&hc_location=group_dialog

The different bases don't suggest the likelihood of a two pack with Leia.

Luke's base is different again, half way between the style of Leia's and Wicket's:

luke-skywalker-endor_star-wars_gallery_5c4b922aead9f.jpg

He's an okay design if not made to look too dumb. The other gungans looked much better but of course the movie got the slapstick fool.

I wish I could unsee him and all the gungans... I really don’t like those cgi aliens. The worst however was Dexter Jettster (that whole scene was terrible)- a complete departure from the OT alien feel. I appreciate that the new movies are more true to the OT practical effects aliens.

There were so many indulgences in the PT to Lucas himself: Dex's Graffiti diner, Papanoidia, his daughter, Jett, etc...

But I don't find the Gungans any worse than the Ewoks truthfully. At least the Gungans had tech so I believed they could fight.

I wish I could unsee him and all the gungans... I really don’t like those cgi aliens. The worst however was Dexter Jettster (that whole scene was terrible)- a complete departure from the OT alien feel. I appreciate that the new movies are more true to the OT practical effects aliens.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

There were so many indulgences in the PT to Lucas himself: Dex's Graffiti diner, Papanoidia, his daughter, Jett, etc...

But I don't find the Gungans any worse than the Ewoks truthfully. At least the Gungans had tech so I believed they could fight.

Papa Annoyed

Get it lol

Dunno, I was eight and loved the Ewoks... even if I now see why they can be considered ‘problematic’. But at least they are aesthetically in line with other aliens like wookies and Jawas.

With jar jars legendary status as possibly the most hated character of all time I could see him selling well just because of that fact. I mean think of all the hilarious and sadistic poses and fun you could have with him. Could be cathartic

Back