Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Translucent with well placed LEDs throughout the body so the entire figure glows would be well worth the cash. The only thing about putting him in the black suit is that if they do that, the fabrics might stain a muscle rubber body over time not to mention all the layers...I fear that if they do Dr. Manhattan they'd do just a blue TT underneath to allow the suit not to be as bulky. I'd rather just the rubber suit with the speedos. No chance in hell they'll do a full dong edition.

HT also won't be able to use their Muscle body (old or new) because of the exposed legs. It will look like straight garbage if the upper body is rubber and has no joints and then the legs are plastic, a different color (because of the different material) and has exposed joints.

Not true. The military figures and the Rocky figures all had rubber legs. The tech is already there. A Rocky Balboa (who had rubber legs and rubber torso) dyed blue would be a first step in thinking what it'd look like.

IMG_4118.jpg

Like I told Dave. Minimum of Four.

booyah02.jpg

Its Nite Owl II, Rorschach and The Comedian still in the pipe. SSII was a curveball that was aimed to get us thinking of Ozy and Manhattan hopefully.

Like I told Dave. Minimum of Four.

booyah02.jpg

Its Nite Owl II, Rorschach and The Comedian still in the pipe. SSII was a curveball that was aimed to get us thinking of Ozy and Manhattan hopefully.

I can confirm that at least 2 out of those 3 are pretty far along in development, if not just about done.

If I were a betting man I would say its Rorschach and The Comedian that are almost done.

Looking back a full translucent hard plastic Manhattan with LEDs throughout would be cool, I could give a ^^^^ about exposed joints, I'd have him glowing until they burn out. :lol

Nah.. Iron Man Mark II and III + the RE:5 Albert Wesker figures all have light up eyes and none are translucent.

I meant it would depend on if they did him translucent, it would look bad if it was transulcent.
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things :monkey4

I meant it would depend on if they did him translucent, it would look bad if it was transulcent.
Sorry, I'm bad at explaining things :monkey4

:lol Well I guess they could incase all the electronics and put a thin clear shell over that and illuminate THAT so it wouldn't look so wonky. iunno.. I just think that would come off as really cheap especially for a $150+ figure. Just my opinion.

:lol Well I guess they could incase all the electronics and put a thin clear shell over that and illuminate THAT so it wouldn't look so wonky. iunno.. I just think that would come off as really cheap especially for a $150+ figure. Just my opinion.

I think that would be quite a few people's opinions :lol

A full 1/6 figure that glowed entirely like Dr. Manhattan and could hold that in posing options wouldn't look cheap at all. It'd be a really uniquely done figure and turn a lot of heads. That being said if they do Manhattan they'll go for the look over something niche and do the muscle body. It might be neat to do and interchangable hand that could glow that itself was translucent but where would the switch go?

A full 1/6 figure that glowed entirely like Dr. Manhattan and could hold that in posing options wouldn't look cheap at all. It'd be a really uniquely done figure and turn a lot of heads. That being said if they do Manhattan they'll go for the look over something niche and do the muscle body. It might be neat to do and interchangable hand that could glow that itself was translucent but where would the switch go?

I didn't say it would "look" cheap.. I said it would come off as cheap especially with a $150+ price tag since there wouldn't be any paint aps and not as much detail: how much detail can you put into a clear piece of plastic!?

Oddly enough I don'ty have many 1/6 female figures in my collection. Mostly because there's very few that really come out looking great like this one. The Liea's are okay and on my to-get list, but other than that there's not many 1/6 fems who look this realistic. Usuaully they have anime or doll eyes, but HT knocked this woman outta the park! :rock

Oddly enough I don'ty have many 1/6 female figures in my collection. Mostly because there's very few that really come out looking great like this one. The Liea's are okay and on my to-get list, but other than that there's not many 1/6 fems who look this realistic. Usuaully they have anime or doll eyes, but HT knocked this woman outta the park! :rock

I've only got the Hot Toy's Elizabeth Swann. Silk Spectre seems like an awesome addition to my female figure collection.

Yea this will be my first female 1/6th that I keep, I had Leia as Boushh ( but sold her but when I had her she had the mask on). I also have The Dead school girl but not sure that really counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back