Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know how Carl gets his intel....what makes the Darklord so sure that they aren't coming?

There was a ripple in the space time continuum.

I didn't say it would "look" cheap.. I said it would come off as cheap especially with a $150+ price tag since there wouldn't be any paint aps and not as much detail: how much detail can you put into a clear piece of plastic!?

Clear or transparent rubber, no so much. Translucent is where it's at. So, sure there'd be paint apps. There's no reason inclusions such as those in the film could not be replicated in the casting process with various paint apps on the surface, both opaque and transparent.

And I too would like to know what's up, Dave?

Well, I'm not sure what Dave is getting at either, but I know at least 2 of the other 3 were further along than Silk Spectre II as far back as 2 months ago, I know that much.

So is Dave be aloof or is he just talking based on prior HT experiences? :confused:

If theres anything that HT could make bank after AVP, its watchmen. Damn, they even release 2 ancients predator that make bout 5 minute screen time. My guess is that they'll release the minutemen as their 'ancient predators' and we'll get all 6 watchmen.

So will the very last Watchmen figure be a shorty like P1? :lol

I keed.. I keed (Some Predator collectors are overly sensitive)

Irish, can you tell us which one was hung up on the likeness issue or no not yet? Seems like you'd said there was somebody who's sculpt wasn't approved or something.

Irish, can you tell us which one was hung up on the likeness issue or no not yet? Seems like you'd said there was somebody who's sculpt wasn't approved or something.

I would like to know too, I hope Nite Owl II has another unmasked head

That wasn't it. It was that Hot Toys has to get Final Approval from multiple entities for any WATCHMEN products: DC Comics, Warner Brothers, Legendary Pictures, and individual actors (for likenesses). That's a pretty long gauntlet that can take a while. Just look at what Sideshow has to put up with sometimes with Lucasfilm alone.

If theres anything that HT could make bank after AVP, its watchmen. Damn, they even release 2 ancients predator that make bout 5 minute screen time. My guess is that they'll release the minutemen as their 'ancient predators' and we'll get all 6 watchmen.

fat chance. if there's anything hottoys would bank after predator, it's more predators. predators transcend barriers. bunch of 40s looking superheroes are not going to sell to anyone beyond the most hardcore fans of the book.

actually, i am a hardcore fan of the book, and i still wouldn't be interested in minutemen 1/6.

There was a ripple in the space time continuum.

great_scott_400.png

except carla gugino in that bettie page pin up costume, of course.

I tend to be more interested in looking at females than males, but that's just me.

Gotta love it. I just hope this one has the appropriate nippleage.:joy

Thank you. On both counts. The way I see it we don't get nearly enough female figures, I'd love to get some more female going on in the midst of all these manly-man figures. Oh, and appropriate nippleage, yes. :monkey5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back