Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that if we see any of the Minutemen included from HT it'll be Silk Spectre I as a "Hot Angels" addition like Machiko not as an actual Watchmen offering under that specific license.

^ Would not translate well to a 1/6 figure, but hot, nonetheless. I played the video game adapation. Pretty fun.

well, even with all that geeks appeal going, it still turned out to be a spectacularly crappy movie. or so i heard. but i'm sure that wont stop you from admiring the poster.

That *is* a very nice poster. Too damn bad it sucked, it certainly is a pleasant concept.

And it's on the Wii!? :lol

:lol Yeah the premise is crazy. It's a fun hack 'n slash for the first half hour and then becomes mindless and repetitive. It's also ugly to boot.

Translating the character designs to a 1/6 articulated figure wouldn't work well with all the exposed joints. Fortunately Silk Spectre II's outfit is nowhere near as skimpy as anything in Onechanbara. Those exposed thigh joints don't bother me.

fat chance. if there's anything hottoys would bank after predator, it's more predators. predators transcend barriers. bunch of 40s looking superheroes are not going to sell to anyone beyond the most hardcore fans of the book.

How silly of me. You are most correct, dear sire. But IMO if there's anything HT would make bank after predator it would be BR joker. Its literally a shrunken heath as the BR joker. I hope the make more and nothing else except the BR joker from now on. They could make variants of it, just like what they did with the mark 3:joy

Translating the character designs to a 1/6 articulated figure wouldn't work well with all the exposed joints. Fortunately Silk Spectre II's outfit is nowhere near as skimpy as anything in Onechanbara. Those exposed thigh joints don't bother me.

doesnt have to have exposed joints. i kept saying if barbie dolls can do hidden joints under rubber skin, then surely hottoys can do as well. such a barbie has existed 10 years ago, and it still looks great by today's standard. doesnt turn her into a hulk either.

Anybody else notice that the movie came out on 03-06-09 and the figure was announced on 06-03-09. Coinsidence of Conspiracy?

How silly of me. You are most correct, dear sire. But IMO if there's anything HT would make bank after predator it would be BR joker. Its literally a shrunken heath as the BR joker. I hope the make more and nothing else except the BR joker from now on. They could make variants of it, just like what they did with the mark 3:joy

i agree. you are silly.

Barbies generally have 5 articulation points. The rubber legs you speak of only click along a limited range of motion and do not really help pose or stand the figure. HT current muscle bodies are already superior and have a greater range of motion. I'm sure it's easier to produce a 1/6 PF or Barbie with limited to no articulation points as designing an outfit for a highly articulated figure introduces a bunch of other considerations, problems and potential compromises.

you are right. but like i said, that was about 10 years ago. it's about time for a new type of endoskeleton under rubber.

I saw some company is producing highly poseable bodies similar to stop motion figurines with machined metal skeletons inside silicone skin. But at $200+ each they're a tad pricey.

I saw some company is producing highly poseable bodies similar to stop motion figurines with machined metal skeletons inside silicone skin. But at $200+ each they're a tad pricey.

okay, so maybe another 10 years before the price can be brought down to a hottoys regular price range. :lol

but $200+ doesnt seem so bad at all for silicone skin n metal skeletons, considering some hottoys figure can almost reach the 200 mark, and it's all plastics.

okay, so maybe another 10 years before the price can be brought down to a hottoys regular price range. :lol

but $200+ doesnt seem so bad at all for silicone skin n metal skeletons, considering some hottoys figure can almost reach the 200 mark, and it's all plastics.

True. They appear to be solid and well made and the stop motion figures in films each cost much more than that. But these are sold nude and headless, so add in clothes, head, accessories, packaging... :duh

i thought that was for a licensed figure. okay, another 10 years it is then. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back