Hot Toys Watchmen Silk Spectre II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toys.net or Toysquare seems to be the preferred place. A lot of folks buy from Big Bad Toystore as well, but they seem to get things much much later.

Yea BBTS is the place for me, plus it is located in WI so when they do finally get things it is shipped to me pretty damn quick but you are right they are usually late in the game to get preorders in.

My reasoning for the leaks - you get a fresh set of eyes looking at the photos, you get your target audience looking at the photos, you shut down all the "Whens it coming" questions, you don't have to pay or compensate for the opinions and at the end of the day you can say "not meant for distribution" once you receive the info you want and away go the pics.

Yep. Bingo. I think you hit the nail on the head entirely.

Yea BBTS is the place for me, plus it is located in WI so when they do finally get things it is shipped to me pretty damn quick but you are right they are usually late in the game to get preorders in.

I actually like this because it gives me time to get my money together, plus they have excellent customer service and pack the items really, really well. They're not always too far behind. I've had Hellboy for about a week now.

I think this is a great looking figure. I wasnt much for the Watchmen but i may pick this one up. I think The likeness is there. Are there any other shots of the sculpt from different angles? Maybe the reason it was said she looked like Jolie is the two actresses have similar features to begin with.

Nah, the original poster is just either a) visually impaired or b) just being a pain.

Im glad to see that Hottoys is doing these but why start with Silk Spectre II?
I would have thought wed see one of the others first...

Im glad to see that Hottoys is doing these but why start with Silk Spectre II?
I would have thought wed see one of the others first...

Because I only want this figure. I tend to be more interested in looking at females than males, but that's just me.
Nice choice, Hot Toys. You must have gotten my memo!

Aside from the typical arguments about likeness on this figure, this is a great thread just because of the pics everybody is putting in it. Mmm-mm goodness:monkey5

I thought the graphic was alright, the movie was an amazingly faithful interpretation of it, and this figure is awesome. I don't care enough for all the characters (or any others for that matter except Silk I maybe), but this is one I dreamed somebody would make. This right here is a complete collection to me.

I just love HT female figures. That's a collection all in itself.

Machiko-AVP
Silken Floss-Spirit
Sheeva-Res Evil 5
Cha Cha Asai-that one thing
Silk Spectre II-Watchmen

Gotta love it. I just hope this one has the appropriate nippleage.:joy
silk_watchmen.jpg

I'll jump onto the Angelina likeness bandwagon to say this figure doesn't look like her TO ME, but if you want to see the likeness that is, the Machiko figure used Yuli's Angelina sculpt.

Not looking as good so far as I'd like, but still probable purchase. Mostly the outfit needs tightening. Not much in the nipple detail department.:( I know these are prototype pics, but it doesn't seem likely that the clothes will get much tweeking from this point. It's 1/6, whatcha gonna do.

SILKSPECTRE-HT-01.jpg

The yellow parts look pretty perfect. It's the second, bulkier layer of black that makes it not Silk's outfit. I would prefer one layer with two colors.
SILKSPECTRE-HT-04.jpg

I can live with everything but the black part over her jubblies and the gloves. Those should be a lot tighter.
SILKSPECTRE-HT-08.jpg

Last edited:
Not looking as good so far as I'd like, but still probable purchase. Mostly the outfit needs tightening. Not much in the nipple detail department.:(

SILKSPECTRE-HT-02.jpg

SILKSPECTRE-HT-04.jpg

SILKSPECTRE-HT-08.jpg

Yeah when I found that sight I was like....Finally I can see the pics but then when i gotta good look I didn't get that OMG feeling, i don't know maybe it's just me. :confused:

Regarding dealers - we know SSC can't import it - DCD might, but does Toy2 get figures that are officially imported by SSC or DCD?

I usually go through ABC Express on ebay for nonSSC Hot Toys.

Yeah when I found that sight I was like....Finally I can see the pics but then when i gotta good look I didn't get that OMG feeling, i don't know maybe it's just me. :confused:

It lost a little of that OMG feeling for me too, but I have mild hopes for the final release. I'm still getting it anyway because the young perv in me who wished they made stuff like this fifteen years ago still wants to see this on his desk. Shwing!

Another thing that fails a bit on this is the waste isn't narrow enough with all the clothing on. Too bad they can't tighten that up, or make a body with an overly narrow waste so it balances out with clothes. There you go, Hot Toys, free improvement tip of the day.

I think it looks perfect. People not seeing the likeness should probably consult their eye doctor.

Regarding dealers - we know SSC can't import it - DCD might, but does Toy2 get figures that are officially imported by SSC or DCD? I usually go through ABC Express on ebay for nonSSC Hot Toys.

Yes. Toys2 is the official North American distributor for HT, so they will get them without fail probably about three weeks after release in HK.

I would imagine Joe (Mista305) will carry them as well... probably who I'll go through if I don't want to wait for DCD to distribute.

Joe usually offers two routes, the HT direct route which gets it earlier and the DCD route which is cheaper...he usually offers both if both are available as he sells both.

I'll likely use DC Direct, I have no problem waiting a little longer, it'll help paying for 3 or 4 of them.

I was going to buy the Comedian. That was it. Now that I see her though I can't pass, and I know that means I won't be able to resist Rorshach once I see him.

These really are like crack.

Wow, Hot Toys already crying about the pics and getting mods to yank them. Why announce it, then cry over people seeing it?

Hey, Hot Toys, if the figure is only going to look better than this, what is the ^^^^ing problem?

SILKSPECTRE-HT-04.jpg

Wow, Hot Toys already crying about the pics and getting mods to yank them. Why announce it, then cry over people seeing it?

Hey, Hot Toys, if the figure is only going to look better than this, what is the ^^^^ing problem?

Because the pics were leaked illegally. They have the rights to the pics and if they don't officially release them, the pics have no right being shown. They have relased one pic in their newsletter. That is all that should be seen for now. HT has told me they will release more pics of Silk Spectre. VERY shortly (possibly in the next 24 hours). Not sure if that is a result of the leak or if it was planned all along.

To give this situation an example, it would be like a studio releasing a trailer one day and to have somebody leak multiple clips shortly after.

Wow, I'm gone for a couple days and come back to this!? Certainly was not expecting Laurie, but so happy to see HT hasn't given up on this. All I need now is a Dr. Manhattan. I love the hair and face, very beautiful!

Also is it me or does she look better with the coat?! Not that I don't love the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back