1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting… @Zurdo95D hasn’t gotten any Wanda Maximoff figures at all since she was introduced in the MCU movies (Figuarts, Marvel Legends, Diamond Select, Funko Pop) until now?

Some of the Figuarts versions of Wanda doesn’t look that too bad, but the overall presentation might look like those Marionette puppets (with those unslightly exposed joints and empty gaps). Literally, some of the figures of Wanda (from other figure lineups) have very bad face sculpts which make you cringe.

Side note: Either a Nikon/Canon Camera might be your option. Lumix (Panasonic), Fujifilm, Sony, Leica, and other brands might be another option.

Last edited:
Interesting… @Zurdo95D hasn’t gotten any Wanda Maximoff figures at all since she was introduced in the MCU movies (Figuarts, Marvel Legends, Diamond Select, Funko Pop) until now?

Some of the Figuarts versions of Wanda doesn’t look that too bad, but the overall presentation might look like those Marionette puppets (with those unslightly exposed joints and empty gaps). Literally, some of the figures of Wanda (from other figure lineups) have very bad face sculpts which make you cringe.

Side note: Either a Nikon/Canon Camera might be your option. Lumix (Fujifilm), Sony, Leica, and other brands might be another option.

:lol I should clarify, it's my first 1/6 Scarlet Witch, I do have some of the 1/12 figures. I wasn't too interested in owning her HT figures for a time before, though she did grow on me, but by then I was a little late. After watching IW I was gonna pick up the AOU version at BBTS at least, but then they were all gone! The other two versions fetched a pretty penny and still do; I came close to pulling the trigger on some eBay listings for exorbitant prices, but ultimately didn't. I'd still like an IW/EG Scarlet Witch though, even a new CW version.

Will take note! There's so many good brands to choose from.
I’m sure, the advances in technology in that area must be dizzying

Yep! I'm still scouring :lol

Last edited:
Wow looking through reviews and comparisons, it looks like this is the best SW so far! Curious to see how it compares to the MOM when that's released, maybe in the next year.

Wow looking through reviews and comparisons, it looks like this is the best SW so far! Curious to see how it compares to the MOM when that's released, maybe in the next year.
Yeah, I think that is going to be the big question.

I think most people will prefer the MOM version because of the hair, paint apps on the face, and no visible shoulder seams.

Personally I prefer the Wanda Vision version because for me the MOM version’s costume is too dirty and tattered looking and overall looks a bit “too dark” for me.

But I think both are clearly superior to prior versions of Wanda, so you can’t really lose.

I’m not near talented enough, but had a great guy on a fb group tackle the swap for me - I’m happy!! 🍻

Attachments

• 74C139BF-55BE-43CD-A89C-2F703F124CC9.jpeg
    74C139BF-55BE-43CD-A89C-2F703F124CC9.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4F392AFC-25D6-4BCB-8DE3-484DFEB36CBF.jpeg
    4F392AFC-25D6-4BCB-8DE3-484DFEB36CBF.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 153796CC-AA90-4EB1-8D0D-4DE063E8E14C.jpeg
    153796CC-AA90-4EB1-8D0D-4DE063E8E14C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, I think that is going to be the big question.

I think most people will prefer the MOM version because of the hair, paint apps on the face, and no visible shoulder seams.

Personally I prefer the Wanda Vision version because for me the MOM version’s costume is too dirty and tattered looking and overall looks a bit “too dark” for me.

But I think both are clearly superior to prior versions of Wanda, so you can’t really lose.

Yeah I think I’ll be hard pressed to choose my preference between WV and MOM, but agree, both appear to be the best of the Scarlet Witches. Or, perhaps HT comes up with a newer version in the future with rolling eyes and exquisite rooted hair that’ll trump them all :lol (Just speculating lol )

I’m not near talented enough, but had a great guy on a fb group tackle the swap for me - I’m happy!! 🍻

Looking good!!

Oh... Guess what guys?? I found the link for the swap that you can do if your up to the challenge, but you need to log into Zuckerbook to get the complete breakdown.

Seems like everything is on Zuckerbook, but what use is it for those that don't want to use it because it's their own personal choice??

Last edited:
Christ on sale I dont even have this figure, here's just a photo and text dump
Wonton Wanda

Many have done it already, but I'm hoping some will still find this helpful after taking pics of each step. You don't necessarily have to go in the same order I did.

Recommended items: Picking tool, tweezers (silicone-tipped), talcum powder, Saran wrap, Dremmel, plumber's tape

1) Check for defects, scuffs, damage before attempting this

2) Remove head, hands, and shoes

3) Angle arms up to a "T" pose to make it easier to pop them off at the shoulders

4) Remove rear "skirt" via Velcro strips from the belt

5) Release belt from tunic (small glued in peg in the front) then slide up over the top of the torso

6) Cut stitch in the back connecting the tunic to the pants

7) Disconnect upper torso from lower body, this will make it much easier to remove the tunic

8) Slide the boots off along with the pants

9) Slide the sleeves off the arms

--CHOOSING A BODY--

I compared the two most popular choices, the S23B and the S47B.

The 23B has the larger bust which makes the swap harder, but has slim wrists and more muscle definition in the arms.

The S47B has a smaller bust that is easier to work with but is a bit too tall and has wider wrists.

1) Putting the suit back on is intuitive BUT challenging. Bring the arms up and cross them to reduce their width as much as possible.

2) Slide the tunic CAREFULLY over the shoulders. Take your time. The material is stiff, but can stretch if you are patient.

3) Be mindful not to put too much tension on the side seams. Alternate tugging on the left and right sides so that not one side gets overstretched.

4) The belt might need a small dab of fabric or super glue to secure the peg back onto the tunic.

5) Sliding the sleeves and pants on are relatively easy, it just takes some patience

6) Now for the shoes...you can find a comparable pair of platforms OR Dremmel the stock ones to wide the hole to allow for the Phicen metal ankle peg if you dare

The boots prevent must articulation anyway despite the split-cut design, so I just needed them to stay on for simple poses, but do what you're comfortable with.

7) Because of the LED function on the stock body, the wrist pegs are larger than normal for a female body, so you might want to wrap the Phicen wrist pegs with some plumber's tape for a tighter fit. You can do the same for the head.

8) Even suntan Phicens are pretty pale so if you have access to a powder set, use a couple of light coats of a bronzer to darken up the neck and shoulders to better match the head. Terry and Bjay are the masters, so I defer to them for any questions. I used a couple of different tones to also bring out the muscle definition on the arms a bit more.

The sculpted hair looks good but REALLY limits articulation. Soooo, I'll need Tina to work her dark magic one more time

w01.jpgw02.jpgw03.jpgw04.jpgw05.jpgw06.jpgw07.jpgw08.jpgw09.jpgw10.jpgw11.jpgw12.jpgw13.jpgw14.jpgw15.jpgw16.jpgw17.jpgw18.jpgw19.jpgw20.jpgw21.jpgw22.jpgw23.jpgw24.jpgw25.jpgw26.jpgw27.jpgw28.jpgw29.jpgw30.jpgw31.jpgw32.jpgw33.jpgw34.jpgw35.jpgw36.jpgw37.jpgw38.jpgw39.jpgw40.jpgw41.jpgw42.jpgw43.jpg

I did the body swap yesterday. I did end up having to use some shoe polish cream to color match the body to the head as the body was way too pale. But it was not as bad as initially thought. I only need to use cling wrap on the arms to get the arm sleeves on. Other than that, it was all good. I'm glad I did it.

Back