Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone happen to know if the feet on TTM20 are the exact same size as TTM21?

I'm trying to fix my broken Batman ankles and need to buy some feet. The only ones I see being sold are for TTM20. I'm hoping those aren't wider than the regular body feet.

They all look the same to me. I have stacks of those things from different bodies and they all look alike.

You can usually find any of the last batch of TTM bodies for $70-80 at one time or another. Hot Toy limits their basic body line just like their packaged figures, so retail channels dry up very quickly. Sometimes, if you look carefully and persistently, you can find each of them for closer to $50-60 which is about their US retail price. You have to act fast in the case of a Buy-it-Now, or stalk and snipe in the case of an auction listing.

Anyone know if the forearms are removable on the TTM-20? My DX-13's removable forearm has a broken peg so now the arm stays on but if I fiddle with it too much it falls off inside his jacket. I was thinking of buy a TTM-20 to swap out the forearm/elbow joint rather than buying a whole new DX-13 body. Has anyone tried to remove the forearms on the TTM-20?

Anyone know if the forearms are removable on the TTM-20? My DX-13's removable forearm has a broken peg so now the arm stays on but if I fiddle with it too much it falls off inside his jacket. I was thinking of buy a TTM-20 to swap out the forearm/elbow joint rather than buying a whole new DX-13 body. Has anyone tried to remove the forearms on the TTM-20?

I just tried on my TTM20 Captain America. They are damned tight.
If you want i can try dunking it in boiling water to see if it loosens it off.

If you could try that and let me know that would be awesome. My other alternative will be to buy a DX-13 body, swap out the parts and then sell the DX-13 body with the bum elbow at a significantly reduced price. If you are able to pop them off after the water bath let me know.

Thanks!

E8C53F80-FFA5-46DC-AD4D-4F187E6713BC_1.jpg

Thanks for the pic! By looking at that...I almost think the DX-13 forearm is a modified version of the TTM-20 as the peg that plugs into the forearm is way longer (or so it would appear) than the one on the DX-13. Thanks for posting that pic so quickly.

Yep, I just checked on the DX-13 and the peg basically end JUST past the elbow joint. I think Hot Toys must have trimmed the peg significantly to make it easier to swap out the forearms on the DX-13.

Your pic saved me a big disappointment (or money). Thanks again!

Dang. I wanted to buy some TrueType bodies, but not for the prices they're going for now. Around $70 on eBay. :pfft:

$50 for Regular and Slim, $60 for Muscular when they were released for North America. They seemed to be shipping from Hong Kong and China months before that at $70+ so I have no idea what their retail prices were from those locations.

What puzzles me the most is why they seemingly limit their basic bodies to low enough numbers that they sell out so quickly - at least as quickly as many of the boxed/complete figures.

What puzzles me the most is why they seemingly limit their basic bodies to low enough numbers that they sell out so quickly - at least as quickly as many of the boxed/complete figures.

demandsupplycurve.jpg

Hot Toys don't profit from the aftermarket, their MSRP prices are fixed and so too are those of the first party retailers, so any demand curve doesn't have bearing on the initial production strategy. ;)

Hot Toys don't profit from the aftermarket, their MSRP prices are fixed and so too are those of the first party retailers, so any demand curve doesn't have bearing on the initial production strategy. ;)

I'll paraphrase your statment, "I can't understand why Hot Toys limits supply", and I responded showing that when supply is low and demand is high, price is high. Which demonstrates exactly what is going on in the market, whether it is the primary or secondary market, that's irrelevant, that graph represents all markets. Hot Toys limits supply so they can increase the price, very similar to DeBeers and the diamond supply. Both Hot Toys and DeBeers can increase the supply of the product they produce, but they choose not to, to inflate the price. It's a sound business strategy.

Back