Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my obsessive youtube searching paid off, just found this great vid of the figure:

Came out great. Skipped out on all the other Mandos so far for this one. Glad to have it already paid off as well.

Wonder if Sideshow will be shipping this soon or if there's gonna be a bit of a delay.

y2QwmBD.png
4JyLtwd.png
2ZnJEZr.png
zc9cUN0.png
b9l4xKr.png
5QZoitY.png
sRQ8JVN.png

my obsessive youtube searching paid off, just found this great vid of the figure:

my mind is blown by how comprehensive that review was, and i didn’t understand a word 😂

totally deconstructed the figure, tons of detailed comparisons, awesome poses / dioramas, we were spoiled to get that on day 1 wow.
True, (also didn't understand a word) yet that vid is (and will become) an indispensable visual resource for collectors of this character, and line.
The detailed break down, side-by-sides, etc.
Thanks for sharing it.
Should be pinned to the top of the thread.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting this.
Nice clear, detailed shots of the figure.
After trawling through dozens of pictures of the armour from the show (and posting a few good clear examples earlier today in my post) I can say the weathering, based on the really good look we have at the figure in this vid, is far too heavy.
I hope there's a way I'll be able to remove some of it. It should have some, but not that much.
Personally I really don't like that weathering. Far too heavy. If it can't be removed/reduced I'm going to have to pass on this figure. Sorry, I just think it looks awful with the over-weathering. Honestly I don't think it's very well done either.
Very disappointed.
Season 1 besker Mando looked really bad. Silver modelling like paint finish that made it look very flat so I passed on that version.
The chrome looks great on this one but they spoil it with over the top, not particularly well done, heavy weathering.

Last edited:
The flight suit still being gray instead of brown, after so many years, is still annoying.

Not enough to deter me. It’s not perfect, but it does look like a solid update.

Thanks for posting this.
Nice clear, detailed shots of the figure.
After trawling through dozens of pictures of the armour from the show (and posting a few good clear examples earlier today in my post) I can say the weathering, based on the really good look we have at the figure in this vid, is far too heavy.
I hope there's a way I'll be able to remove some of it. It should have some, but not that much.
Personally I really don't like that weathering. Far too heavy. If it can't be removed/reduced I'm going to have to pass on this figure. Sorry, I just think it looks awful with the over-weathering. Honestly I don't think it's very well done either.
Very disappointed.
Season 1 besker Mando looked really bad. Silver modelling like paint finish that made it look very flat so I passed on that version.
The chrome looks great on this one but they spoil it with over the top, not particularly well done, heavy weathering.

Hopefully we get TBOBF version eventually

e4d4eb571454b63bf84cdc1ef822614745bf9eb5.gif

So what's usually the turnover between these starting to show up in hand in Asia?
And shipped to US?

The flight suit still being gray instead of brown, after so many years, is still annoying.

Not enough to deter me. It’s not perfect, but it does look like a solid update.

Agreed, why Lucasfilm hasn't made them change it is confusing to me. I just don't get it.

Hopefully we get TBOBF version eventually

e4d4eb571454b63bf84cdc1ef822614745bf9eb5.gif
They'd probably still slather it in weathering 😆
Was there some significant difference between S2 Mando and BoBoFett Mando?

ec32902e562b38092b51998c819fc787

What I don't get is after this epic kill, why he didn't go get a new Krayt Dragon signet, on his other pauldron? I'm still waiting for that -now I need a new figure - shoe to drop.

6555a551efbe522a77c626853c22fabf.gif

More likely he's saving that second pauldron spot for the inevitable (suposedly extinct) Mythosaur he awakens in the "living" waters of Mandalor, in S3 , and the Armorer honoring him with the ultimate clan upgrade.
75qcr2.gif

Right now though, this fig looks absolutely definitive...
423710-322569830-1505423593313868-4114380823446308103-n.jpg

Last edited:
I can't see at any point where his suit gets that much black pigmentation, looks pretty much clean and mirrored in most shots.

Stil, look forward to getting it.

What I don't get is after this epic kill, why he didn't go get a .... a new Krayt Dragon signet, on his other pauldron? I'm still waiting for that -need a new figure - shoe to drop.

The only person he knows that could give him a new signet banished him the next time he saw her.

Though to be fair, with a sculpt that good how could he not remove his helmet?

084F8853-F02E-4780-9FC6-D232B6520AD5.jpeg

Was there some significant difference between S2 Mando and BoBoFett Mando?

ec32902e562b38092b51998c819fc787

What I don't get is after this epic kill, why he didn't go get a .... a new Krayt Dragon signet, on his other pauldron? I'm still waiting for that -need a new figure - shoe to drop.
Sometimes, I do need to stop and remind myself how great Mandalorian is at delivering the goods. It’s THE Star Wars show that pretty much saved Star Wars for so many jaded fans.

… it could still all go to hell, but it’s been the Mando’s universe these last few years. As someone with zero other Star Wars HT figures (I like the franchise well enough), there’s a reason he’s my “must-have” for the Star Wars shelf.

Even my wife encourages me grabbing a Mando due to the Grogu inclusion.

Back