Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flight suit still being gray instead of brown, after so many years, is still annoying.

Not enough to deter me. It’s not perfect, but it does look like a solid update.
Time for a Yunsil/Toribox custom flight suit that costs more than the figure itself then! No more waiting on HT to do it right

:monkey3

with a sculpt that good how could he not remove his helmet?
75qjya.gif

Helmet hair cowlick detail are unprecedented . :p

This is what took extra months to develop. :lol

Last edited:
Was there some significant difference between S2 Mando and BoBoFett Mando?

ec32902e562b38092b51998c819fc787

What I don't get is after this epic kill, why he didn't go get a new Krayt Dragon signet, on his other pauldron? I'm still waiting for that -need a new figure - shoe to drop.

6555a551efbe522a77c626853c22fabf.gif

More likely he's saving that second pauldron spot for the inevitable (suposedly extinct) Mythosaur he awakens in the "living" waters of Mandalor, in S3 , and the Armorer honoring him with the ultimate clan upgrade.
75qcr2.gif

Right now though, this fig looks absolutely definitive...
423710-322569830-1505423593313868-4114380823446308103-n.jpg

Far as I can tell, no real differences. Armour might be a bit cleaner but it's hard to tell from the pics I could find. Mandos beskar armour never had that much weathering in the first place.
Even if the BoBF armour was spotless HT would still cake him in weathering. They love their weathering.

A new signet would be cool for the other pauldron. Could see it being either a Krayt Dragon or a Mythosaur.

I'm assuming the weathering is the final layer of the paint job. I'd guess that they lay down a primer of some sort, than the base layer of paint, in this case the chrome. Then a protective layer of some kind, then the weathering.
In that case, I ought to be able to carefully remove the top layer of weathering.
My concern is, will this dull or damage the chrome underneath?

They definitely went a little heavy with the weathering but this still looks amazing regardless. Glad I waited. I’m sure there will be a better version a few years from now, but I’m personally fine with the minor inaccuracies.

Weathering = lower return rates.

It hides imperfections in the production pieces. No matter how small and imperceivable they may be, someone will return over it. Does it decrease the accuracy? Sure, but they started doing it with the Iron Men for what I presume is a similar reason.

I still feel like it'll be a little less obvious in normal, shelf lighting.

Bears repeating - the Mr.Hippo video is one of the most comprehensive review videos I've ever seen. Hits every mark. Definitely should be required viewing for anyone getting this figure set (or even interested in it). Just wow!

I've already PO'd this, but if I hadn't, that video would've convinced me. Excellent work.

The only person he knows that could give him a new signet banished him the next time he saw her.

Though to be fair, with a sculpt that good how could he not remove his helmet?

View attachment 615220
Well if he is gunna be “The Mandalorian”, he is supposed to unite all of mandalore, so really she would probably bend the knee to him eventually if it heads in that direction, to bring the factions back together.

Back