Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me peering into this thread to see if it's been released

a21c8bbcb6b3ec2d8084c0e270894620.gif

Delayed just UNTIL before S3.
It releases...and then a few weeks later,the newest Mando and Grogu set is solicited 😉

This is the (hot toys) way!
S3 Mando:
Mando with MandaLord crowned helmet, new royal cape & pauldron, and exclusive mythosaur staff.
I want none of it (hope he rejects them all by seasons end)
Grogu in Mini-Mando armor (this I'm likely dumb enough to fall for). :lol

Last edited:
Sideshow went from "Low Stock" to "Waitlist" before I could even make it to checkout. The Deluxe version is still available, but I'm surprised given how the Season 1 version is still so readily available and with heavy discounts.

Tempted to just grab the Season 1 and get a third-party upgrade kit.

I POd a deluxe even though those accessories might end up never seeing the light outside the box. First Mando thought so excited! Hope everyone else who wants gets their order in

what is going on with them lately… it seemed like only newer preorders from last 6 months or so were at risk of going waitlist before release. this is an exception.

just put in my order for the deluxe. even if this turns out to be BS I dont want to deal with the headache and was gonna buy on release anyway, just hadnt bothered with the preorder.

very curious to see how this plays out. if this all turns out to be a fomo scam from sideshow their reputation is going to be seriously hurt. i was thinking they just ordered less quantities of the newer releases to avoid the crazy overhead / discounts theyve dealt with lately, but this going waitlist is weird…

Last edited:
what is going on with them lately… it seemed like only newer preorders from last 6 months or so were at risk of going waitlist before release. this is an exception.

just put in my order for the deluxe. even if this turns out to be BS I dont want to deal with the headache and was gonna buy on release anyway, just hadnt bothered with the preorder.

very curious to see how this plays out. if this all turns out to be a fomo scam from sideshow their reputation is going to be seriously hurt. i was thinking they just ordered less of the newer releases to avoid the crazy overhead / discounts theyve dealt with lately, but this going waitlist is weird…
My thoughts too. BBTS says the pre-order allotment is sold out too. Again, maybe it's because they're still trying to offload Season 1 Mandos with discounts and $5 shipping after everyone decided to stop buying them when the Season 2 was revealed and they don't want to repeat that if/when a Season 3 Mando shows up with a new weapon or armor piece to retool.

Still, this was always going to be the most in-demand figure of the current series until a new iteration is revealed, so I'm surprised it went "Waitlisted" before we could even see more in-hand reviews of the final product. I know I was waiting to see just how the chrome finish was going to look compared to the original in a direct comparison.

Again, I can always grab a chrome pen and do it myself if I need to, but it would have been convenient not to.

I would actually think with how crazy the economy has been this year that there would all around be more availability as people cut back. Gotta wonder if Hot Toys themselves are producing less figures or Sideshow is just getting less of them.

Edit: I’m either dumb or overthinking, but I guess since other places like BBTS are going OOS so quickly, it must be the former?

Last edited:
My thoughts too. BBTS says the pre-order allotment is sold out too. Again, maybe it's because they're still trying to offload Season 1 Mandos with discounts and $5 shipping after everyone decided to stop buying them when the Season 2 was revealed and they don't want to repeat that if/when a Season 3 Mando shows up with a new weapon or armor piece to retool.

Still, this was always going to be the most in-demand figure of the current series until a new iteration is revealed, so I'm surprised it went "Waitlisted" before we could even see more in-hand reviews of the final product. I know I was waiting to see just how the chrome finish was going to look compared to the original in a direct comparison.

Again, I can always grab a chrome pen and do it myself if I need to, but it would have been convenient not to.
I would love this chrome version but I don’t need both and as you say - they’re still trying to unload stock of the season one version at discount so I can’t imagine I’d be able to find a buyer for a used one any time soon.

it definitely feels like it, especially with the scammy “dont miss out” emails theyve been sending lately. whatever new marketing person they hired needs to take it easy.

if these are ALL false alarms, their reputation would never recover. one or two figures going waitlist early and becoming available later couldve been chalked up to an error, but this is so frequent now.

i also just cant imagine them limiting profit on what’s guaranteed to be as popular of a figure as this is. you make arena boba a quickstrike to drive up hype, not headsculpt / darksaber mando.

didnt make a difference to me since i was going to order release day anyway, but would hate to see them go out sad like this if it’s all bs.

Back