Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His whole story arc has been others telling him what is and isn't a Mando.

Now he's got their frikin saber, and by right has also fought (and won) to keep it (so far).
And in the "living waters beneath the mines of Mandalor" he's also likley going to awaken, and ride the Mythasaur.

While I hope he leads them all to freedom / unites their clans, whatever his quest is.
I also hope he eventually shoves it all; their ways, prophesies, curse, dogmas, and rules, in their faces, and just leaves them to sort it out themselves.

And walks off into the sunset, thinking of that krill farming spotchka girl, and Grogu :wink1:, ....cue Mando theme. End.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like his quests are essentially just doing the most Mando stuff ever so no one can question his Mando-ness for the inevitable ruling, uniting, or rebuilding Mandalore.

One religious nut job telling him he’s no longer a Mandalorian doesn’t make it so :lol
She may be nuts but I think there's more to her. She cares for Din and I believe she believes in him. I think she said that to intentionally point him in the right direction to ultimately unite the clans and it's something to do with the mines of Mandalore. Otherwise, why let him leave with the Darksaber?

She may be nuts but I think there's more to her. She cares for Din and I believe she believes in him. I think she said that to intentionally point him in the right direction to ultimately unite the clans and it's something to do with the mines of Mandalore. Otherwise, why let him leave with the Darksaber?
She can't just take it from him. Maul wasn't a Mandalorian either and his claim was still accepted due to having earned the Darksaber in battle.

She can't just take it from him. Maul wasn't a Mandalorian either and his claim was still accepted due to having earned the Darksaber in battle.
True but she didn't put in any effort whatsoever in stopping him either. She knew significantly more about the Darksaber than him while training him. I wouldn't be surprised if she could wield it.

True but she didn't put in any effort whatsoever in stopping him either. She knew significantly more about the Darksaber than him while training him. I wouldn't be surprised if she could wield it.
If she thought she had the skill and (conscious) right to it, she would have taken it from him in combat.
There is something to carrying it's weight, being not just (physical) skill and strength but metaphysical.
She couldn't just receive it, so who was going to take it from Djaren? Her strongest couldn't best him either.

I agree the Armorer has forgone any claims to it and sees something in Djaren. She is putting him on a path, hence she gives him the opportunity to redeem himself through the "living waters beneath the mines of Mandalor".
Where he''ll likley awaken the Mythasaur (which she just happens to name check) .

Although all these "myths" and "ways" are meant to be challenged, Djarens whole arc is likley to help re-define (for himself or for others) what it takes to wield it, and what it is to be a Mandalorian.
6387o2.gif

Last edited:
I think they'll still have Mando keep his helmet on often if only so they don't have to pay Pedro Pascal more.

I think there was foreshadowing e.g. the Armorer talks about the Mythosaur and seems regretful. And I also think the Armorer is sort of a shaman type who deliberately is pointing Din D'jarin in the direction that will restore Mandalore. Probably with a mythosaur.

Basically I think she knows he's a good man, and the right person to do that; as opposed to someone who is completely single minded. As opposed to someone like Paz Vizla who has contempt for anyone who isn't what he believes to be Mandalorian.

I also see horrendously expensive 1/6 figs in the future. But since everything is delayed, time to start saving. :monkey3

I think there was foreshadowing e.g. the Armorer talks about the Mythosaur and seems regretful. And I also think the Armorer is sort of a shaman type who deliberately is pointing Din D'jarin in the direction that will restore Mandalore. Probably with a mythosaur.

Basically I think she knows he's a good man, and the right person to do that; as opposed to someone who is completely single minded. As opposed to someone like Paz Vizla who has contempt for anyone who isn't what he believes to be Mandalorian.

I also see horrendously expensive 1/6 figs in the future. But since everything is delayed, time to start saving. :monkey3
Calling it: Din will find Mythosaur in the mines of Mandalore and rides it.

Another huge hint, that can't be missed.....
The Armorer name drop reference the suposedly extinct Mythosaur.
Somebody is riding that beast by the end....and it
won't be in the Bobo show. It will be in the Mando's!

The Armorer also informed him of the means to earn his status back
Which will serve as yet another quest for him.
And speculation I'm just going to guess, what also lives and he awakes in those "living waters beneath the mines of Mandalor" , might be The Mighty Mythosaur
:cwink:

Just a guess.
Calling it: Din will find Mythosaur in the mines of Mandalore and rides it.
Great call :wink1:

Last edited:
I cant wait for this to release.

Back when he was first revealed, people were mentioning the potential for the chrome to flake over time, how much of a valid concern is that? I’ve never owned any figures with chrome plating before.

I don't think this is chrome plated at all. I think they simply found a good metallic paint. Plus, it appears to have some kind of clear coat in this image, similar to the actual prop armor. So that would likely prevent any flaking issues. But we won't know for sure until it's in hand.

Back when he was first revealed, people were mentioning the potential for the chrome to flake over time, how much of a valid concern is that? I’ve never owned any figures with chrome plating before.

After owning the IW Bucky with the glossy, shiny arm....no concerns at all; and I while I use reasonable care, I play with/repose figs time to time. Think if the basic figure can't withstand some handling/posing then it's one to skip.

The same can't be said for some accessories, some of which are absurdly delicate, so it's worth having super glue and toothpicks, and fabric glue on hand.

He sure does. I’m so stoked for this. I hope they don’t dull him too much. The promo pics are spot on imo. his armor was more dull in episodes with heavy atmospheric moisture and dust, like in chapter 13, like a fogged up mirror in the bathroom. The default state is pretty reflective.

Mando finally sucked me in with this version. I had been trying to avoid getting anything other than OT, but I really do love this figure. I opted for the regular version since I don’t need the extra pieces from the deluxe set. As long as my boy comes with the dark saber, and the two other weapons I’m good.

Back