Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how far HT will go with this. Will we see another release with a wire cape and slightly bloody headsculpt

Then the snow armor. I mean its getting a bit ridiculous. Its not like they just developed the painting techniques to paint chrome. They did that way back with the Genysis Terminator Endoskeleton. Kind of a jerk move to do the season 2 then do a "real" season two where its chrome armor and the headsculpt.

I got the OG version and 1st Gen Season two (I guess thats what we'll call it now LOL) I'm not getting this just out of principle. Would I like the chrome armor and headsculpt? Absolutely, but not enough to buy a whole other figure. I'd be more willing if they had just released and accessory pack like they did with the IW Iron Man.

Great time for someone to pick up the 1st Gen Season two now as the prices will be drove low with all the people offloading to get this.

1st Gen Season Two? The first Beskar figure never had the correct costume bits for Season 2. It was a figure representing him in Season 1 when he first got the armor. How is this still being missed?

I went backwards and forwards yesterday, cancelling my preorder for the previous version (it hasn't arrived in Australia yet) and requesting to swap over to this chromed version... but after looking at images of the actual costume, decided I don't think chrome scales so well on a 1/6 figure.... so am keeping my preorder of the previous version.

Lol... but am I making a mistake?
Reflective McShiny

For me its all in one package for the representation of Mando in season 2, it has everything. The HS and The Chrome paint are two cherries on the top.
1625202978757.png

Last edited:
Get both, you have at least 2.5 years timeframe for this version to actually started shipping to be financially prepared in advance. Whats your excuses ?

good excuse, meanwhile I will have to pay attention to my imagined divorce arrangement started from now, so I get a free pass.

I just received my deluxe Beskar Mando and Grogu. Haven't even opened it yet. I'm within the 30 days so I'm returning it to Sideshow. I wish they'd have announced this latest version before it shipped to me, but that's life. Season 1 OG Mando will hold me over until this newest version.

I just received my deluxe Beskar Mando and Grogu. Haven't even opened it yet. I'm within the 30 days so I'm returning it to Sideshow. I wish they'd have announced this latest version before it shipped to me, but that's life. Season 1 OG Mando will hold me over until this newest version.
You haven’t even opened it to look at it and you’re returning it for another figure you wont get for 2 years? C’mon now :lol

I wonder how far HT will go with this. Will we see another release with a wire cape and slightly bloody headsculpt

Then the snow armor. I mean its getting a bit ridiculous. Its not like they just developed the painting techniques to paint chrome. They did that way back with the Genysis Terminator Endoskeleton. Kind of a jerk move to do the season 2 then do a "real" season two where its chrome armor and the headsculpt.

I got the OG version and 1st Gen Season two (I guess thats what we'll call it now LOL) I'm not getting this just out of principle. Would I like the chrome armor and headsculpt? Absolutely, but not enough to buy a whole other figure. I'd be more willing if they had just released and accessory pack like they did with the IW Iron Man.

Great time for someone to pick up the 1st Gen Season two now as the prices will be drove low with all the people offloading to get this.

Yeah a battle-damaged, bloodied un-helmeted head sculpt would be a nice inclusion. Though that was only in season one in the finale if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm, perhaps that should've been included with v1 beskar (?) since that reflects S1.

You haven’t even opened it to look at it and you’re returning it for another figure you wont get for 2 years? C’mon now :lol

Hot Toys really kinda (probably)accidentally hosed Sideshow on these Mando deluxe figures. Some collectors are so damn fickle.

I would probably feel bad for Sideshow if I didn't have to recently go through the hassle of returning a used figure that Sideshow sold me as new.

I can’t believe Hot Toys had the audacity to make Iron Man from the first movie, and then after we bought that they made him from the second movie!!! This is outrageous, it’s unfair!!!

Also what are you even on about “1st Gen Season Two”? The previous Deluxe is from SEASON 1. It comes with Season 1 armour & accessories. This new figure is from Season 2 and comes with armour and accessories from, you guessed it, Season 2.

Last edited:
[I know I continually 'ramble' about diorama bases/stands] I think, it would be so cool it they went all out and made a scaled krayt dragon head peering out of sand base.

[I know I continually 'ramble' about diorama bases/stands] I think, it would be so cool it they went all out and made a scaled krayt dragon head peering out of sand base.
Once upon a time, the Krayt Dragon Lair would have been a given playset for the 3.75" line. Today it won't even happen there.
The playset would have been Krayt head that emerges and snaps, and oozes florescent slime, that drips all over the figures:
2017552d4d2814da942532d5a261f0bcd5009f54.gifv

Included a Tusken, a hapless Bantha for bait. a giant Ballista grapnel and line launch mechanism.
b733c5d55805880c6be9aa414ae1a58ab055f125.gifv

And a battle damaged Mando covered in Krayt slime!
cf3f24afa0be802ca0da7eb30dcbbb5dc29886f2.gif

Box art ....
Mandalorian-Concept-Art-Cobb-Krayt-Dragon.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah a battle-damaged, bloodied un-helmeted head sculpt would be a nice inclusion. Though that was only in season one in the finale if I'm not mistaken. Hmmm, perhaps that should've been included with v1 beskar (?) since that reflects S1.
I likley would have bitten on that one, although Djarin looked a bloody mess, not sure if I would have been satisfied with that as Pascal's main figure portrait. :lol
I'm happy to be getting the "Rescue" version.

Last edited:
Hot Toys really kinda (probably)accidentally hosed Sideshow on these Mando deluxe figures. Some collectors are so damn fickle.

I would probably feel bad for Sideshow if I didn't have to recently go through the hassle of returning a used figure that Sideshow sold me as new.
On the other hand, Hot Toys did Sideshow a huge favor by waiting SEVEN MONTHS after the conclusion of Season Two before announcing their Season Two Mandalorian figure - long enough for Sideshow to take their sweet-ass time fulfilling all of their existing orders.

Back