Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are HT slaves because they are SW slaves, you don't have to accept something that is subpar just because it's the only figure you think you will get, it's that mentality that makes people a HT slave.

See, this just makes us sounds like a bunch of GWAR slaves and I find that hilarious, actually LOL

gwar.jpg

Single jointed knees/elbows on such a pivotal character is absolute bull$#!7 🤬 When the suit fully covers the joints, at these prices theres no excuse. wtf are we paying for ?! They keep removing features that should be standard.

We didn't b!tc# loud enough with the Armorer. "Oh its a Toyfair exclusive" "They rushed it out the door" "the character's not combat oriented" Well Bo Katan is heavily combat focused and they had an eternity to work on it. This is not ok. Theres no justification for this beyond cost cutting. This is a detriment to the functionality of the product. I could see them trying to make this standard across the board now. Koska Reeves better not have this same body.

I keep going back to that plastic hood on Moonknight. :ohbfrank: That was the canary in the coal mine. They keep cheaping out, a little here, a little there, raise the price. These are supposed to be premium high end collectibles. Articulation matters. Materials matter. When it gets to the point HT can't surpass the poseability/feel of a Hasbro figure, what are we paying for? For what they charge, we shouldn't have to do a body swap. If its even possible to remove the costume without destroying it. We shouldn't have to pay for a replacement body.
I wouldn't consider Hot Toys premium

They always go too dark with what should be light hair (thinking of you, Carol Danvers) [...]

Yeah they seem to inexplicably make lighter hair darker in the production figures, hmm, I wonder if their factories just can't produce satisfactory enough results to achieve the lighter colour/shade aesthetic 🤔

and I don't understand why the elbows can't go past 90°. Otherwise...pretty happy with this.

Confirmation that this is the same body as the Armorer so all the joints have a max bend of 90 degrees since Hot Toys thinks single jointed bodies is the way to go. 🤡

A bit of a bummer on the limited joints, I agree with others that if a figure is fully clothed, then double-jointed should always be a given. Though for me it's not too terribly much of a detriment, and I can't be bothered too much since I don't majorly pose up my figures :lol

Sheesh, reading through these last handful of comments is painful.

We're all collectors guys. Lets embrace that and enjoy it. I'm in the camp where I don't care too much about this elbow debacle. If you do, then I'm sorry it worked out that way for you. No need to bash on other people happy she's finally on the way. Some of us will be ecstatic to add her to the collection (like me) and others will pass because they feel it has defect(s). Doesn't make one right more than the other.

Back to arguing -

I don't mind the complaining. It's just funny how a lack of a second elbow joint just swept all the complaints about the headsculpt accuracy instantly:lol

But what else is new? Once Sideshow starts shipping and people start posting pics of theirs, all of this will just be a footnote. Hope to have mine in the next week or two, as well.

Well actually she's an action figure, but how many humans do you know with double jointed elbows? :lol

Seriously though I'm with you on this one, but the thickness of her suit material may not allow for the flexibility that a double joint provides anyway.
You should probably go to the doctor if you can't bend your elbow more than 90 degrees :lol

You should probably go to the doctor if you can't bend your elbow more than 90 degrees :lol
:lol Well yes that's true, but if I'm wearing thick, skin-tight canvas on my arms my range of motion will be restricted. I think people forget that while these figures are 1/6 scale, the thickness of their clothes isn't reduced proportionately. That's no excuse for HT cutting corners, but it's still reality.

Back