Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just finished swapping Bo-Katan's body out for a Rey replacement I picked up on eBay. The difference is night and day and definitely worth the price. She can actually do dynamic poses and it doesn't feel like I'm going to break her joints!

Attachments

• 20230311_142312.jpg
    20230311_142312.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230311_142408.jpg
    20230311_142408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230311_142515.jpg
    20230311_142515.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230311_142553.jpg
    20230311_142553.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
So I just finished swapping Bo-Katan's body out for a Rey replacement I picked up on eBay. The difference is night and day and definitely worth the price. She can actually do dynamic poses and it doesn't feel like I'm going to break her joints!
Awesome what body did you use?

Hats off for completing the mod! The extra articulation seems to be worth it.

Rey, just as you recommended. Thanks for the advice man!

Edit: If you mean specifically which body, I believe it's the Force Awakens one. I'd assume they're all the same but you never know with HT.

The Rey bodies from each film are a bit different from one another; I have a parted out TFA and TLJ body and the chest and neck pegs are different (plus slightly varying skin tones) and of course TROS has the seamless arms. :)

To be fair Gideon was a good villain, no? :lol But agreed lol

Yes and no.

I think he’s a good character. Esposito is incredible and brings a ton of presence as always.

But not including the finale, he has about 5 minutes total (for real) of screen time across the two seasons. So not really a ton of time to develop him; he’s more of a catalyst than a villain.

Seems like S3 will give him more of an opportunity for that so that’ll be good.

Yes and no.

I think he’s a good character. Esposito is incredible and brings a ton of presence as always.

But not including the finale, he has about 5 minutes total (for real) of screen time across the two seasons. So not really a ton of time to develop him; he’s more of a catalyst than a villain.

Seems like S3 will give him more of an opportunity for that so that’ll be good.

I figured as such :lol He definitely needs more screen time.

Hats off for completing the mod! The extra articulation seems to be worth it.

The Rey bodies from each film are a bit different from one another; I have a parted out TFA and TLJ body and the chest and neck pegs are different (plus slightly varying skin tones) and of course TROS has the seamless arms. :)
Oh interesting, I would have thought they were the same. I own literally nothing ST-related but I have a feeling I'll be grabbing another body for The Armorer at some point.

I should point out that while I did drill out the wrist holes to accommodate the larger pegs, I actually used Bo's original neck peg but shaved the ball joint that goes into the body down a bit instead of trying to bulk up the joint that goes into the head. It does tend to come out when I remove the helmet to put the head on but it seats right back in and isn't noticeable at all.

Does she carry lipstick with her, everywhere?

View attachment 627591
Well, she has 8 pouches on her belt and (per HT) carries only one accessory (a comlink) that would fit in one, so she certainly has the room. She probably has a full makeup kit in those pouches - a girl never knows when a Din Djarin is going to come knocking on her palace door! :lol

Does she carry lipstick with her, everywhere?

I guess so? :lol

Love this B-K gif!

Well, she has 8 pouches on her belt and (per HT) carries only one accessory (a comlink) that would fit in one, so she certainly has the room. She probably has a full makeup kit in those pouches - a girl never knows when a Din Djarin is going to come knocking on her palace door! :lol

Yeah I wouldn't doubt she carries some makeup in her numerous pouches 🤣

Oh interesting, I would have thought they were the same. I own literally nothing ST-related but I have a feeling I'll be grabbing another body for The Armorer at some point.

It is a good base body indeed; I used some for some kitbashes and they worked out well. It makes me kinda wish HT still continued their TTM line of blank bodies, with female figure bodies included too.

I should point out that while I did drill out the wrist holes to accommodate the larger pegs, I actually used Bo's original neck peg but shaved the ball joint that goes into the body down a bit instead of trying to bulk up the joint that goes into the head. It does tend to come out when I remove the helmet to put the head on but it seats right back in and isn't noticeable at all.

Again, hats off for going through with the mod! 👍

Has anyone taken the view finder off the helmet? Not sure why HT doesn’t make the mask outta metal. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Back