Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go with TW for Shoretrooper in order not to pay customs fee triple amount the figure (buying price matters for customs, total price not). And I chose ground shipping since I didn't want to get robbed for DHL shipping and were not in hurry.
Well, it's still on its way. If the customs regs were not changed I'd go with SSC.

Sorry if i missed this in a previous thread, but has anyone received any notice as of yet from Sideshow?

Isn’t it odd especially how HT made the newest BW hair so vibrant in color for her hair and they left Bo with the typical brownish tint which should be brighter :thud:

It should be this red

We got this

but they should’ve done it brighter

Too bad theyve pretty much stopped using rooted hair, seems it wouldve fit in for this figure

Too bad theyve pretty much stopped using rooted hair, seems it wouldve fit in for this figure

Rooted hair on action figures is actually Satan; it got let out of the canister in Carpenter's "Prince of Darkness." Rooted hair looks awful and stays awful unless managed by someone who knows what they're doing, which in this hobby is 99.9% of the time not the case. It is detestable, it is a frizzy mop standing a half-inch off the figure's head. Its like a Troll doll and My Pretty Pony reproduced, there's just nothing good to say about it.

Fashion doll ppl are more used to dealing with hair and all its problems, and they usually do that pretty well - but this is the action figure hobby and those skills are scarce here. Don't call down the apocalypse upon us all; just Say No to rooted hair on HT figures.

Seems like this first batch is missing the nameplate for the stand; his is missing, Jedha's was missing and I think Justin's included it but it was loose in the box and not attached.

It’s supposed to be loose in the box and not attached so that you have the option to stick it on the traditional base or on the railing diorama piece.

I think Jedah and MRC may have just missed it in their boxes since they were expecting it to be pre-affixed. Might have been packed in with the instructions.

It’s supposed to be loose in the box and not attached so that you have the option to stick it on the traditional base or on the railing diorama piece.

I think Jedah and MRC may have just missed it in their boxes since they were expecting it to be pre-affixed. Might have been packed in with the instructions.
Hmmm I wondered if that was the case; seems odd they’d both have missed it but I suppose it’s possible.

Hmmm I wondered if that was the case; seems odd they’d both have missed it but I suppose it’s possible.
I could be wrong, but it looks like the nameplate is underneath the base judging by the shape of that white looking rectangular piece. You just have to stick it on yourself. I really hate that HT cheapened out after the first few figures by switching to metal looking stickers rather than the engraved real metal nameplates they used to use.

1668818060473.png

EDIT: yea apparently that was the sticker:

"MRCcollectionventures
18 hours ago

Update guys sorry i found the sticker already in the box hahaha! So it’s not qc problem it’s my problem because i didn’t search it LOL! However, i think it’s hottoys firsttime made an accesory/sticker for the name plate i don’t remember if they made one before so that’s why it quite surprising to see that.. Anyway thanks for checking out!"

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but it looks like the nameplate is underneath the base judging by the shape of that white looking rectangular piece. You just have to stick it on yourself. I really hate that HT cheapened out after the first few figures by switching to metal looking stickers rather than the engraved real metal nameplates they used to use.

View attachment 608682

"MRCcollectionventures
18 hours ago

Update guys sorry i found the sticker already in the box hahaha! So it’s not qc problem it’s my problem because i didn’t search it LOL! However, i think it’s hottoys firsttime made an accesory/sticker for the name plate i don’t remember if they made one before so that’s why it quite surprising to see that.. Anyway thanks for checking out!"
Ah good to know, thanks! Then I won’t shy away from maybe getting a first-batch from a Hong Kong seller.

Last edited:

View attachment 608682

"MRCcollectionventures
18 hours ago

Didn't hawkeye/ronin get a similar treatment with the separate name sticker?

Didn't hawkeye/ronin get a similar treatment with the separate name sticker?
Sorta? They all had “Hawkeye” printed on the base but there was supposed to be a swap out Ronin name plate with the deluxe. That just became a sticker that was included with later batches. At least there you had something with the Hawkeye print.

Cheapest move. HT does not bother with sticking two separate name plates. One less sticker is gonna make them rich.

Back