Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They Boba-Fetted Mando.

It was nice of the show to verbally communicate to us that Mando as a character is now completely without agency or any personal ambitions or purpose beyond serving lady Kryze. At least we know where we stand moving forwards.
He officially declared himself as the right hand man to Bo’s leading lady energy- just to clear up any residual confusion from the previous episode, which ended with Bo centre frame, heroically igniting the dark sabre while he stood awkwardly at the far left of the screen.
But Din never had any desire to lead Mandalore did he? From the first episode he was established more as a lone wolf.

All he's ever done really is work on behalf of others be it work as a bounty hunter or helping Grogu, Greef, Boba, Ahsoka etc.

Yes they’ve done a real number of Din. Christ knows why but they said they were looking at GoT and they have ripped off the last season or 2, first the 3 dragon baby thing and now they’ve well and truly ‘John Snowed’ Din, once a really good character and now nothing but the little lap dog of the all-powerful female. ‘She’s my queen’, how many times did Snow say that. Thing is this nonsense hasn’t done Bo-Katan any favors either.
Well, if I wanna be charitable, I'll frame it more like Boba/Fennec standing by Din to complete their deal.
Bo-katan did risk herself to save Din. And it sounds like what he was saying is he'll stick around until she wins or loses Mandalore.

Tho for me it was always a toss-up whether Din would end up being a reluctant king; or - better, IMO, he remains the lone gunslinger who is willing to help a kingdom, but isn't gonna stick around e.g. heads off into the sunset with Grogu eventually.

If he ended up king, I could also see him passing the Darksaber and the whole mess to Paz' kid, which sort of completes the circle.
Anyway maybe I'll get Bo #1 if there's a really good deal. Eventually.

But Din never had any desire to lead Mandalore did he? From the first episode he was established more as a lone wolf.

All he's ever done really is work on behalf of others be it work as a bounty hunter or helping Grogu, Greef, Boba, Ahsoka etc.
I agree. I haven’t seen any evidence that leadership is his thing. He’s a cowboy, not a king. He scrappy and imperfect, but gets the job done. He’s constantly messing up, getting knocked around, and being taught lessons. That’s what makes him endearing. Alpha Chads are boring and annoying.

Well maybe it’s ok to be happy that Mando’s character development was complete the moment he didn’t execute Grogu.

Looks like he’s content to just follow ‘the way,’ raise his foundling and let others bare the more weighty responsibilities of leadership, unifying clans and reclaiming Mandalore. He’s happy in his role and just does what’s best for his people.

However, this season has kind of exposed him as being pretty dumb and just a religious zealot in a pretty costume. His heart’s in the right place but his brain is rotting under that helmet. The cool factor won’t carry him forever.

Upgrade to season 3!

photo_2023-04-18_21-45-15.jpg

Seen on Youtube.

Well, if I wanna be charitable, I'll frame it more like Boba/Fennec standing by Din to complete their deal.
Bo-katan did risk herself to save Din. And it sounds like what he was saying is he'll stick around until she wins or loses Mandalore.

Tho for me it was always a toss-up whether Din would end up being a reluctant king; or - better, IMO, he remains the lone gunslinger who is willing to help a kingdom, but isn't gonna stick around e.g. heads off into the sunset with Grogu eventually.

If he ended up king, I could also see him passing the Darksaber and the whole mess to Paz' kid, which sort of completes the circle.
Anyway maybe I'll get Bo #1 if there's a really good deal. Eventually.
I agree. I haven’t seen any evidence that leadership is his thing. He’s a cowboy, not a king. He scrappy and imperfect, but gets the job done. He’s constantly messing up, getting knocked around, and being taught lessons. That’s what makes him endearing. Alpha Chads are boring and annoying.

Thanks for posting those points. I honestly don’t have any issues with what Din said or his behavior. The motivations are clear.

Bo-Katan risked her life to help save his kid. She was also his direct lead to Ahsoka when he was very lost on his Jedi quest. She saved him from being turned into scrap by Quarrens. She later saved him from being turned into a Capri Sun pouch and then saved his life again right after that.

He helped her get a Gozanti, she got to keep Gideon’s cruiser, and he passed the Darksaber to her (which he wanted to do in the first place) but I feel Bo-Katan has done a great deal more for Din personally.

Boba Fett also helped get Grogu back and Din pledged to fight to the end beside him on Tatooine in a not dissimilar fashion for a far lesser cause. It’s in his nature to return loyalty and help with even more loyalty and help. I respect that about him.

Bo-Katan also asked Din to consider joining her in retaking Mandalore before the rescue so it’s not out of nowhere. The notion was established in his mind a long time ago.

And on top of all that, The Armorer - the leader of his tribe who he respects and follows - gave Bo-Katan a mandate to unite the disparate Mandalorians in order to take back their world. He would’ve acted accordingly even without their history.

By tribe, by creed, by nature, by personality, by loyalty, by honor, and by past deeds; this is his way.

Last edited:
Bo Katan finished, waiting for the v2 of Hot Toys 😂

Mods:
- Shoulder pad.
- Modified hand to hold the Dark Saber.
- Thighs slightly padded.
- Dark Saber photoshopped (of course HaHa).

📷 Instagram : Login • Instagram

View attachment 634952View attachment 634953View attachment 634954
fantastic job! Were you thinking of modding her unmasked head sculpt , perhaps give her a bit longer rooted hair? Also since you did her custom..why don’t you mod the Mando with the more browner suit from Beskar Mando V1 like I did..I’m telling you it makes a hell of difference in capturing his more accurate S2 and especially S3 look

fantastic job! Were you thinking of modding her unmasked head sculpt , perhaps give her a bit longer rooted hair? Also since you did her custom..why don’t you mod the Mando with the more browner suit from Beskar Mando V1 like I did..I’m telling you it makes a hell of difference in capturing his more accurate S2 and especially S3 look
In season 3, his suit is now grey and not brown 😉
IMG_4128.jpeg

Thanks for posting those points. I honestly don’t have any issues with what Din said or his behavior. The motivations are clear.

Bo-Katan risked her life to help save his kid. She was also his direct lead to Ahsoka when he was very lost on his Jedi quest. She saved him from being turned into scrap by Quarrens. She later saved him from being turned into a Capri Sun pouch and then saved his life again right after that.

He helped her get a Gozanti, she got to keep Gideon’s cruiser, and he passed the Darksaber to her (which he wanted to do in the first place) but I feel Bo-Katan has done a great deal more for Din personally.

Boba Fett also helped get Grogu back and Din pledged to fight to the end beside him on Tatooine in a not dissimilar fashion for a far lesser cause. It’s in his nature to return loyalty and help with even more loyalty and help. I respect that about him.

Bo-Katan also asked Din to consider joining her in retaking Mandalore before the rescue so it’s not out of nowhere. The notion was established in his mind a long time ago.

And on top of all that, The Armorer - the leader of his tribe who he respects and follows - gave Bo-Katan a mandate to unite the disparate Mandalorians in order to take back their world. He would’ve acted accordingly even without their history.

By tribe, by creed, by nature, by personality, by loyalty, by honor, and by past deeds; this is his way.

Yep! Bo asked him to join her again when he met her and Koska when he had Boba with him and he actually agreed to join up pretty much after they get the kid back.

I always knew Mando wouldn’t be king, so many expected it or thought so, but that was never his character and I for one am very glad he’s back to the lone wolf with cub but with friends in high places

Has anyone seen the Phicen body swap? If so, do you know which body was used?
Thx
Here: amid by Bob Dylan.
Bo-Body Swap Bouillabaisse

Credit to Shane Sarte for being a pioneer in breaking down these steps. I saw his post prior to attempting this myself and found it extremely helpful. Please welcome him to the kitchen!

I'll focus mainly on the deconstruction of her outfit, as you may choose a different body than I did. Putting her suit back together is a simple reversal of these steps once you've prepared your new body.

Most of her armor and clothing are fixed via velcro, but there are a few areas where you want to exercise caution.

1) Remove front chest armor plate and jetpack. If your hands are already off, slide the gauntlets off as well

2) Detach the top and side shoulder armor plates

3) In the back there is a vertical velcro strip that allows you to remove the outer vest, it's easiest to remove by bringing the arms forward and slipping it off in that direction.

4) Remove the thigh armor plates on either side, they usually lie underneath the holsters

5) Her utility belt has TWO velcro buckles, the belt itself is composed of an outer and inner belt that are attached to one another. After undoing the outer buckle in the back do NOT attempt to remove the outer belt. You must also undo the inner velcro buckle and then remove both belts as one piece to avoid damage.
If you happen to accidentally tear the outer belt off the inner, a couple dabs of super glue should take care of it.

6) The knee guards are attached by velcro BUT that velcro pad is on an elastic band, so instead of simply pulling with uncontrolled force, use one hand to hold the elastic band down prior to using your other hand to remove the knee guard. This will avoid unnecessarily stressing the elastic band that might tear.

7) The shin guards come off the upper portion of the boots easily enough.

8) Removing the boots is a bit tricky. There is an elastic band that runs along the bottom of the sole, so you don't want to just rip the boot right off as it will tear that band. The band is too tight to slide off the boot, I tried.
What worked for me was carefully unplugging the boot from the ankle peg, and only then, pulling it out towards the heel side so as to avoid stretching the elastic band.

9) With the boot removed, the upper soft goods portion slides off easily.

10) All that should be left now is the flight suit itself. There is a single vertical velcro band running over the chest and abdomen. Simply unfasten, first slide it off the shoulders.
Then, pull the arms out, I find bending the elbows while rotating the shoulders back helps. Then just slide the suit off the legs downward.

11) Lastly, there is a rather unique piece of clothing I'm calling the "neck bra." Bring the arms straight up and slide one elastic band off at a time to avoid tearing them.

When you have her completely undressed you can finally see the problems with the stock body. The elbows are single-jointed, going to about 90 degrees. The knees are also single, but can go a bit past 90. Oddly, Shane also discovered that the hips can ratchet down similar to the modern diecast suits. A hidden albeit pointless feature given her limitations elsewhere.

When choosing a body I would point out she is rather tall for a female figure (even though the actress is only 5' 6"). The neck is especially long. Longer than most of the jointed bodies I had planned on using (Pop Toys Xing series). So I had to improvise - but you may have a much easier approach if you know of an ideal body...

The tallest female body I had was an S17, which I believe is the tallest female Phicen (pic and chart included). But even then the neck was too short. That's when I committed to making an irreversible modification, so be warned.

I disarticulated the upper torso of the stock body so that the neck peg slid out from the neck. Then I cut the stock neck off to transplant it onto the Phicen. You'll have to trim some silicone off to allow for a good fit. What makes this work particularly well is that neck bra.
A bonus is that you gain some articulation at the base of the neck that was previously fixed.

Another thing to note is that the stock neck and ankle pegs are LARGE. Larger than even the metal pegs on a Phicen. So I wrapped them with some plumbers tape to thicken them up and get a good seal.

After all that, just reverse the steps to get her dressed again! The nice thing about her wrist pegs being a bit thicker than normal is that for once, the Phicen pegs fit perfectly into the stock hands.

Every body swap has an obstacle or two, but this one was fun and incorporated skills you probably already have. Give it a try and please share any shortcuts or improvements you come up with. I'm not an expert, just a guinea pig 😁
Photos can be found on Kitbash Kitchen (Facebook) post from Dec. 22, 2022.

BK.png

@DCFett I just did a phicen body swap this morning. I used an S19B and added a little padding to the hips. Also had to use blutack to attach the head. The boot pegs don't fit tight but the pants are shorter than the legs so the exposed skin keeps them from from falling off. I would add a little blutack to them as well for stability.

Yeah but woman bad!!

Thanks everyone! While I am ok with modifying using Phicens, I probably wouldn’t cut a HT figure up that much as I’m not offended by the single joints THAT much.
How about a line on the mythosaur shoulder armor? Armorer jet pack?

Back