1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U think it will be Gideon first? IMO they need to release Cara.

But they need to get the headsculpts right.

Cara does not need a new body. T800 will work just fine.

I want the Armourer, Cara and Gideon equally. I could live without Kuill to be honest, although I liked his character I'm not big on his species or design.

Only going by what we see in ESB I'd agree. But the character in the Mandalorian is pretty cool. Has some of the best catch lines and is a real character.

I also think an alien like him in the lineup of a display would just bring something to it sizewise. Rather than just humanoids and a human size droid.

No way they'd do a Blurrg, but that would make the display look amazing !

Are you kidding? T800 way too tall and way too muscular. Cara Dune would require a new body that HT has not yet produced.

Yep, and that's why we probably wont see her - although IMO she is needed. I dont see why we can get a damn ~Rocket Racoon~ but we can't get Cara, because her build is too difficult for HT or whatever their b.s. reason is. And we got ewoks, they made a special body for THOSE.

I said much the same on FB recently, and some maroon replied to me with a "That's Sexist!" meme. I was like BRUH, tell HT about it! I dont make their marketing decisions, what the hell? You think I run HT, I doubt it! SMH, kids these days.

Yep, and that's why we probably wont see her - although IMO she is needed. I dont see why we can get a damn ~Rocket Racoon~ but we can't get Cara, because her build is too difficult for HT or whatever their b.s. reason is.

I said much the same on FB recently, and some maroon replied to me with a "That's Sexist!" meme. I was like BRUH, tell HT about it! I dont make their marketing decisions, what the hell? You think I run HT, I doubt it! SMH, kids these days.

Yeah I want a Cara Dune/Gina Carano figure too, although I would prefer Kuiil first because he is already dead and I'm afraid he will be forgotten. Especially with all the star power that is rumored to appear in season 2. I do think Cara Dune has the better chance of being made.

They have not been prioritizing their sculptors to Star Wars lines. The Jango Fett headsculpt is the first actual new sculpt we've seen, i think since Rey (RoS). They've been making plenty of buckets (which can easily be 3D printed), but not human/organic faces aside from baby Yoda. They've been reusing the Luke, Leia, Anakin Obi-wan sculpts non stop. And now they are modding the Cody sculpt for Captain Rex. But HT isn't generating entirely new product for Star Wars, they're just living off of what they already have. I think their main sculpting team is preoccupied with Marvel/DC lines (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Cable, Stan Lee, Loki, Tony Stark) thats where we are seeing all the new sculpts show up.

They have not been prioritizing their sculptors to Star Wars lines. The Jango Fett headsculpt is the first actual new sculpt we've seen, i think since Rey (RoS). They've been making plenty of buckets (which can easily be 3D printed), but not human/organic faces aside from baby Yoda. They've been reusing the Luke, Leia, Anakin Obi-wan sculpts non stop. And now they are modding the Cody sculpt for Captain Rex. But HT isn't generating entirely new product for Star Wars, they're just living off of what they already have. I think their main sculpting team is preoccupied with Marvel/DC lines (Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Cable, Stan Lee, Loki, Tony Stark) thats where we are seeing all the new sculpts show up.

Yes but with that same statement you could also argue, now we have seen those new sculpts they are more or less finished with them and are now working on Cara Dune, Moff Gideon etc. Possible...

Good observation, which logically points out to the fact HT has been extremely careful with SW line up, specifically regarding to humanoid HS.

Snow-speeder Luke is basically a re-used of ROTJ version, upcoming CW Obiwan is pretty much the identical one with ROTS....

Yeah I want a Cara Dune/Gina Carano figure too, although I would prefer Kuiil first because he is already dead and I'm afraid he will be forgotten. Especially with all the star power that is rumored to appear in season 2. I do think Cara Dune has the better chance of being made.

Agree. But I wouldn?t mind her getting a more worn Star Wars?y outfit in season two first. Kuiil would be my first choice.
(...a new Cara Dune body would also make way for a TLOU Abby custom [emoji1696][emoji1696])

Did they use same Downey sculp for two or more IM?

As Chronos notes, they sure did. But their reasoning confuses me. Since IM was/is one of their most profitable figures, you'd think he'd get new every last time. Nope.

Then, we have a Jango-based sculpt for Cody; only makes sense. And its a beaut, too. But does HT use this most excellent sculpt for Jango himself? Hell no they don't. The ONE time they could respectably recycle! But NO. And so we have Cody looking more like Jango than Jango does.

As Chronos notes, they sure did. But their reasoning confuses me. Since IM was/is one of their most profitable figures, you'd think he'd get new every last time. Nope.

Then, we have a Jango-based sculpt for Cody; only makes sense. And its a beaut, too. But does HT use this most excellent sculpt for Jango himself? Hell no they don't. The ONE time they could respectably recycle! But NO. And so we have Cody looking more like Jango than Jango does.

Well I guess it drives additional Cody sales so people can swap out the head......conspiracy theory started !

Huh. For "entire arc" collectors Kuiil is critical. Collectors like me who have to target what they buy - Kuiil would be way over getting any "guest stars" who are probably gonna get their own series.

Like, Ahsoka. Like her just fine but say she's introduced as sort of an Obi-Wan; a kind of aging Jedi type who helps Din D'jarin on his journey. But she's in one episode. That's not as deep IMO as Kuiil's character or the sacrifice he made.

So if it comes down to $$$$ I'll stick with central characters. But for all we know, it's more than one episode.

LOL that's an interesting poll - more screen time for Aksoka, or for Boba Fett?:monkey3:cool:

LOL that's an interesting poll - more screen time for Aksoka, or for Boba Fett?:monkey3:cool:

I love Ahsoka. I think she is one on the most fleshed out, rounded and well developed characters in the Star Wars universe. But, much like I did not want to see old washed up versions on Luke, Leia and Han playing second fiddle to a new generation when they announced the ST, I don't want the first live action Ahsoka as past her prime presumably playing a secondary and minor role. I'm not even sure I want a "live" Ahsoka period. That said, since that is what we are getting, I'm interested to see what they do with her given the time period of Mando post dates her leaving with Sabine to search for Ezra (and by extension Thrawn) in the uncharted regions.

Back