1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucasfilm unevenly enforces policies and misrepresented what Gina Carano said in their press statement. Employers are successfully sued for wrongful termination all the time.

Make no mistake about it, Disney is a liberally biased media conglomerate...

Freedom of speech does not include freedom from consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately tho here the consequence is likely to be - for me anyway - an uninteresting Disney Princess type replacement.
Which may thrill some collectors, but IMO Cara Dune was a breath of fresh air in the SW universe. A gorgeous, brawling, unapologetic, soldier.
NOT a Skywalker or related to the Skywalkers or any kind of royalty; just a survivor.

The kind of character that (originally) made this series fresh and different. Not stocking my shelves with Reys/Jasmines etc. *Gloomily* or, it will be another Twi'lek.

Unfortunately tho here the consequence is likely to be - for me anyway - an uninteresting Disney Princess type replacement.
Which may thrill some collectors, but IMO Cara Dune was a breath of fresh air in the SW universe. A gorgeous, brawling, unapologetic, soldier.
NOT a Skywalker or related to the Skywalkers or any kind of royalty; just a survivor.

The kind of character that (originally) made this series fresh and different. Not stocking my shelves with Reys/Jasmines etc. *Gloomily* or, it will be another Twi'lek.

As soon as the news broke I immediately purchased the black series version on vintage card. Paid $35 for it and now goes for double and triple that on ebay. I really enjoyed her character . As far as female characters for me she ranks up there with Leia, Ventress and Hera.

Mine set up in a simple pose.

Z1aX3Sd.jpg

Nice! Now that Sarlaac Escape Fett has been shown perhaps Luke with black robe and new Grogu will be next to be teased.

As soon as the news broke I immediately purchased the black series version on vintage card. Paid $35 for it and now goes for double and triple that on ebay. I really enjoyed her character . As far as female characters for me she ranks up there with Leia, Ventress and Hera.

Well - me too, pretty much. I needed her. Getting the HASBRO Razor Crest and she is a must have. Course I was gonna wait until whenever but now - dont see prices improving, ever. I was only getting a few extra figs to display with the Crest so to me it's money well spent for a Vintage Cara. Glad I had her in 6 inch already.

Yep, for me she will always be one of my fav females of the SW universe!

I really like Cara even though I don't care for Gina's antics. I'm hoping maybe they'll pull a Rhodey and keep the character but replace the actress.

Anyone can advertise anything on they account and it her account being public figure or not you don't get to expect anything of her, she still has freedom to express her opinions.
And i agree it only lead to more useless tpying towards each other.

The difference is when you're a star your twitter/instagram/whatever is part of the contract you sign. It's like how pro athletes have the same thing, they're presenting themselves as part of the team and if they do something that goes against what their contract says, the team can void it. It's like the miranda rights, "anything you say can, and will be used against you." She knew what she was doing and kept at it. It was her own fault.

The difference is when you're a star your twitter/instagram/whatever is part of the contract you sign. It's like how pro athletes have the same thing, they're presenting themselves as part of the team and if they do something that goes against what their contract says, the team can void it. It's like the miranda rights, "anything you say can, and will be used against you." She knew what she was doing and kept at it. It was her own fault.

Except for an extremely uneven application of standards, and IMO that's just one of the issues with the situation. But guess I can move over to Reddit if I wanna sound off. But for me it's left a real bad taste for D+ and the show, including feeling a bit dubious about the many spinoffs. It's hard to be innovative when you have to keep looking over your shoulder. Or live in fear of Twitter.

Which translates into being more wary about what I buy...feel like I am gonna run into the TFA Rey thing again; picked up Kylo v1...and then - well, ended up not investing any more. Just didn't feel connected enough to want representation $$$$$ and then HT Finn had production issues.:( Don't even have Kylo and Rey on display; tho they are real nice figures esp. Rey.

But supposedly Beskar Mando will show up tomorrow - tho it's a U.S. holiday. Hope in hand he's *shinier* - I really wanted that gloss look.

Luke is not an if, it's when. My guess is soon.

.... And maybe he will come with a Grogu! That would def make him a must-have...

I need a good Luke in my collection. And I need a Vader too. Damn it.

Sass: Which translates into being more wary about what I buy...feel like I am gonna run into the TFA Rey thing again; picked up Kylo v1...and then - well, ended up not investing any more. Just didn't feel connected enough to want representation $$$$$ and then HT Finn had production issues. Don't even have Kylo and Rey on display; tho they are real nice figures esp. Rey.

WHY DONT YOU HAVE THEM DISPLAYED?!!!! Dont let them rusticate in their boxes, show them!! And man, thats Kylo v1.0 whom IIRC is really sought-after. Free them! THE FORCE DEMANDS IT you got to bring balance to the Force, man.

It's hard to be innovative when you have to keep looking over your shoulder. Or live in fear of Twitter.

Its super-easy: stay off of twit. I can tell you, if I were a celeb I'd be staying off of it all day, every day. Conservative, liberal, Empire, Ferengi or Klingon: no power in this universe would have me jeopardizing my career like that.

.... And maybe he will come with a Grogu! That would def make him a must-have...

WHY DONT YOU HAVE THEM DISPLAYED?!!!! Dont let them rusticate in their boxes, show them!! And man, thats Kylo v1.0 whom IIRC is really sought-after. Free them! THE FORCE DEMANDS IT you got to bring balance to the Force, man.

Its super-easy: stay off of twit. I can tell you, if I were a celeb I'd be staying off of it all day, every day. Conservative, liberal, Empire, Ferengi or Klingon: no power in this universe would have me jeopardizing my career like that.

I agree Twitter is a cesspool. You couldn't pay me to have a s**tter account. I have an FB account but am barely on it.

I am sorry to go on a tangent/derail this thread away from Mando but I would just love a secondary confirmation of a SW HT subject that I am pretty certain is correct but I feel might be missing something. Basically I’m trying to put together a 1/6 HT lightsaber hilt display in front of my SW cabinets. Maybe it’s a little silly but I do this with Cap shields, Infinity stones/containers, IM helmets, etc. This my list so far, PLEASE add or correct anything (the parentheses just denote which figures include the hilts and like Anakin’s, many figures include what I believe to be almost identical versions):
1. Anakin Hilt (both Anakin figures, ANH Luke, DX07, Crait Luke, Finn, Finn & Riot Trooper Pack, TLJ Luke, Rey 2 & Rey RO)
2. Obi-Wan Hilt (RotS Kenobi)
3. Luke Hilt (RotJ Luke, Luke Deluxe)
4. Luke Hilt V2/whatever it’s called (Luke Deluxe)
5. Qui-Gon Hilt (TPM Jinn)
6. Yoda’s Hilt (AotC Yoda)
7. Dirty Obi Hilt (ANH Kenobi)
8. Vader Hilt (ANH, ESB, R1 GMT & Vader Pack)
9. Dooku Hilt (AotC Dooku & DS Anakin)
10. Darth Maul Hilt (DX16 & DX17)
11. Inquisitor Stolen Maul Hilt (DX18)
12. Kylo REN Hilt (Kylo 1, 2 & 3)
13. Luke Skywalker Hilt without blade hole (Palpatine)
Confirmed upcoming:
14. Anakin Hilt (Snowspeeder Luke)
15. Rey’s/Anakin’s Rebulit Hilt (TRoS Rey)
16. S7 CW Maul Rebuilt Hilt (CW Maul)
17. Darksaber Hilt (Moff Gideon)
18. Ahsoka’s S7 CW Hilts (CW Ahsoka)

I really feel like that’s the list but then 10% feels like I’m missing 1. Again sorry and Thank you.

I am sorry to go on a tangent/derail this thread away from Mando but I would just love a secondary confirmation of a SW HT subject that I am pretty certain is correct but I feel might be missing something. Basically I’m trying to put together a 1/6 HT lightsaber hilt display in front of my SW cabinets. Maybe it’s a little silly but I do this with Cap shields, Infinity stones/containers, IM helmets, etc. This my list so far, PLEASE add or correct anything (the parentheses just denote which figures include the hilts and like Anakin’s, many figures include what I believe to be almost identical versions):
1. Anakin Hilt (both Anakin figures, ANH Luke, DX07, Crait Luke, Finn, Finn & Riot Trooper Pack, TLJ Luke, Rey 2 & Rey RO)
4. Luke Hilt V2/whatever it’s called (Luke Deluxe)
6. Yoda’s Hilt (AotC Yoda)
Confirmed upcoming:
15. Rey’s/Anakin’s Rebulit Hilt (TRoS Rey)
18. Ahsoka’s S7 CW Hilts (CW Ahsoka)

I really feel like that’s the list but then 10% feels like I’m missing 1. Again sorry and Thank you.

Other than Anakin Hilt and Luke ANH/ESB hilt being different. They are different sculpts. Just like Vader R1/ANH/ESB/ROTJ. Even Rey hilt is different than Luke's even thought they're meant to be the same.

Looks good, and it's a lot of sabers lol.

I am sorry to go on a tangent/derail this thread away from Mando but I would just love a secondary confirmation of a SW HT subject that I am pretty certain is correct but I feel might be missing something. Basically I?m trying to put together a 1/6 HT lightsaber hilt display in front of my SW cabinets. Maybe it?s a little silly but I do this with Cap shields, Infinity stones/containers, IM helmets, etc. This my list so far, PLEASE add or correct anything (the parentheses just denote which figures include the hilts and like Anakin?s, many figures include what I believe to be almost identical versions):
4. Luke Hilt V2/whatever it?s called (Luke Deluxe)
6. Yoda?s Hilt (AotC Yoda)
Confirmed upcoming:
15. Rey?s/Anakin?s Rebulit Hilt (TRoS Rey)
18. Ahsoka?s S7 CW Hilts (CW Ahsoka)

I really feel like that?s the list but then 10% feels like I?m missing 1. Again sorry and Thank you.

Cool idea.

Anakin's hilt from ROTS (Reg & Dark Side verison) is different than the hilt included with all the other figures (OT Luke, and ST versions).

Darth Vader's hilt is also different. The 1st release ANH hilt is correct and different from the version released in the v2 version Tarkin 2 pack (same included with RO & ESB figures)

** Had this open and typed reply before saving for awhile. Same as the above poster said..

LOL:cool: TBH re Rey and Kylo - I use bookshelves, see, for display. Which if u have, oh, 5, 6, figs, are nicely full. Mostly up to Mando it was all LOTR and MCU, and some other random stuff. So then there was Rey and Kylo...and no other SW.

Now they don't go with Mando, and they don't go with my new Qui-Gons...TBH not sure where to put them. I don't want any more ST stuff, really. I probably should put on sale, except...they really are nice figs. Striking in Kylo's case. So, they are taking a rest for now.:google

Yeah - social media - if I were a celeb and wanted to use it at all, it'd be pretty bland. The occasional photo or something. Maybe block any comments. Too bad these days it's not even worth trying to engage with the public. Srsly there were complaints about more Sandpeople being killed in S2 than townspeople and that evidence of something or other....:google

I feel bad for Favreau, cast and crew; and for the viewing audience. It's just - unpleasant; and up to now Mandalorian had been so positive - successful new tech, old school SW artists and craftsmen showing up, happy fans. Heck, I was learning more about the original SW than I ever had known. It was FUN.:(

ANYWAY - so, will see if my Beskar shows up; and I can finally do the mixing and matching with V1:cool: - and debating whether I should pick up Boba Fett to go with. For sure I was going to; but am getting real tired of HT not including head sculpts and wonder if Boba will get cheated that way.:pfft:

Back