1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because BBTS becomes more and more terrible every day.

Seems that way.. :lol

Their $4 flat rate shipping isn't such a great deal anymore once you start paying over retail. SS is actually a better deal on this one after adding in RP's.

I really want this, but want to see her Mandalorian season 2 look before committing.

DUDE, this is not The Way.

The Way: buy BOTH so you have all your bases covered. :lecture

It'll be interesting to see the Mandalorian version, since that show is grittier and more realistic - which I admittedly prefer. That is, if this character actually materializes there in the first place. We'll see.

One thing about this particular offering that kind of troubles me is the "pleather" fabric. It does not drape well, plus that stuff has longevity issues... we shall see.

Seems that way.. :lol

Their $4 flat rate shipping isn't such a great deal anymore once you start paying over retail. SS is actually a better deal on this one after adding in RP's.

Indeed, IMO nowadays I view all "discount shipping" with a great deal of skepticism as I have had several items take well over a month to reach me this summer. In one case I had actually given the item up as lost, and was about to order another.

I will pay SSC's pricing to avoid the wait I had with BBTS on another item. That was the worst, I would much rather just pay the extra $10 or whatever.

Yes, that $15 increase at BBTS is a shock. And yes, the waits for figures is really long, presumably due to HK dock issues. I'm still waiting for the two solo figures as well as Leia and Wicket from them.

Had some really bad interactions with sideshow ordering direct from them so I moved on to BBTS. Considering winding the collecting down anyway so ahsoka may be my last... Unless of course Berlin Han finally shows up ��

This may be the Ahsoka that will be displayed with my Mando/Child set. She's real looking enough to look good next to him.

Yep just got mine from Alter Ego (for the Free Ship) as well, my DX 501st is through SS (with coupon and RP).

Really glad HT came through with this one, looking forward to it! I was half expecting 2022 but with potential for delays it may slip to that.

So these 2 were releases were not even on my radar as far as what I am hoping for, but damn I am in. It is sad that this totally made my day.
Even with the chaos of my wife, kids, and job, I had a little bounce in my step today.
A collecting timeline
2015: I am not upgrading my ss figures:
2020:: I upgraded all of them
2017 no prequel figures
2020: ordered all of them
2019: no mandalorian figures
2020: yep
May 2020: only Rex
August 2020: how to sell organs on the internet

DUDE, this is not The Way.

The Way: buy BOTH so you have all your bases covered. :lecture

It'll be interesting to see the Mandalorian version, since that show is grittier and more realistic - which I admittedly prefer. That is, if this character actually materializes there in the first place. We'll see.

One thing about this particular offering that kind of troubles me is the "pleather" fabric. It does not drape well, plus that stuff has longevity issues... we shall see.

Actually, it neither draped in the show.
What sucks about this figure is the base. A diaroma base with trooper helmets would be awesome.

I really like the sculpt, a must have for me. I can understand that some people do not accept the „realistic“ look, it is not the Ahsoka we are used to From the animated show. For me, it is perfect. I would not want a cartoon character next to the realistic Hot Toys figures on my shelf.

Eh, Anakin sat around for ages and now he's well above retail price.

I think that was directly due to the new TCW season though. A year ago you could've found both Anakins for less than retail.

What's up with BBTS listing her for PO at $265?

Why would they be $15 over retail?

They started doing that a couple of months ago and I'm not really sure why. A small retailer/FB group seller Collectorzown made a post a month or two ago about how Sideshow would be limiting their orders more on Hot Toys. If that was extended to BBTS, maybe the price jacking is to make up for how they're selling fewer?

Popularity = increased profit.

In comparison, I see ToysBuyingAgent at $241 shipped.

https://www.toysbuyingagent.com

Don't forget the front page coupons for 50HKD off, takes like $6.50 off price!

Debating getting this or waiting for the Mandalorian version. Plenty of time to decide I guess.

Back