1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 010 - The Mandalorian: Heavy Infantry Mandalorian aka Paz Vizla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some mentions of the Iron Man headsculpt - what is the issue about it? Sorry I am not across the Marvel releases so not sure where to see it.

Just go look at the comments for the Mk85 release on FB or Instagram. That pretty much sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some mentions of the Iron Man headsculpt - what is the issue about it? Sorry I am not across the Marvel releases so not sure where to see it.

The Tony Stark headsculpt that shipped with the Endgame Mk 85 was not well received. It looks more like a Tony Stark cosplayer than Robert Downey Jr.

It was not acceptable for a figure that costs what it does. Especially for a character as important to the MCU as Iron Man, in a very significant movie, that is his last appearance (for now).

They’ve never fully nailed RDJ’s likeness, but this was an unacceptable step backwards for many. Especially compared to the Mk 46/47 headsculpt, which is probably the strongest though your preference may vary.

There was enough backlash and rage from people on social media and both threats of and actual cancellations that Hot Toys - in a decidedly rare and perhaps unprecedented move - said they would exchange the headsculpt for customers and change them out moving forward.

Ultimately licensor approval could be blamed, but an angry online mob formed and they unfortunately went on the offensive and attacked people. It was ugly.

The Tony Stark headsculpt that shipped with the Endgame Mk 85 was not well received. It looks more like a Tony Stark cosplayer than Robert Downey Jr.

It was not acceptable for a figure that costs what it does. Especially for a character as important to the MCU as Iron Man, in a very significant movie, that is his last appearance (for now).

They’ve never fully nailed RDJ’s likeness, but this was an unacceptable step backwards for many. Especially compared to the Mk 46/47 headsculpt, which is probably the strongest though your preference may vary.

There was enough backlash and rage from people on social media and both threats of and actual cancellations that Hot Toys - in a decidedly rare and perhaps unprecedented move - said they would exchange the headsculpt for customers and change them out moving forward.

Ultimately licensor approval could be blamed, but an angry online mob formed and they unfortunately went on the offensive and attacked people. It was ugly.

Regarding that licensor approval, they did not approve Ewan Kenobi prototype and demanded modifications, but approved that Tony Stark headsculpt?

Regarding that licensor approval, they did not approve Ewan Kenobi prototype and demanded modifications, but approved that Tony Stark headsculpt?

Licensor approval can be a weird process. Most people that have worked in some creative field knows that sometimes people like to make changes for the sake of job preservation or a need to feel important or involved.

For products like this, actors can also have a say depending on their contract which can further muddy the process.

And then you throw in both the actual factory production process and variances on top of that, and sometimes it creates the perfect storm of a mess.

f65839be5bcf4bb76b0f80fadf74a455.jpg

No order given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The heavy infantry looks fantastic in that photo

Still a couple releases behind as i'm waiting for Qui-Gon to hit in the coming days andan invoice for Beskar Mando. Happy this one will be my 3rd acquisition of 2021.

Allllright. He?ll be the second figure I get in 2021. Beskar Mando first then he?ll follow about a month later. Can?t wait to see some early in hand reviews

Back