Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At SDCC, they said that there aren't any lights or anything yet, so my guess is that this thing is in the early proto stages right now.

The thing could use a little gloss (not a lot, it's not reflective in the '89 Batman) just to make it more metallic and less plastic, but apart from that I think the thing looks perfect.

It does seem accurate, but could use a bit more sheen, so it doesnt looks like its make from cheap materials.

The thing could use a little gloss (not a lot, it's not reflective in the '89 Batman) just to make it more metallic and less plastic, but apart from that I think the thing looks perfect.

Great minds think alike :1-1:

I was initially thinking the same thing, but then thought about how shiny plastic usually looks cheap and scratches...so personally I'd rather it be on the matte side...but with that said HT knows how to paint to maybe they would get it right... :dunno

Look at what they did with the tumbler....looks awesome and that came out a few years ago. This seems to be an early Proto and will look even more badass in the official reveal. I don't have any doubt that HTs will knock this outta the park.

Yeah, I agree that even though this does not need to be as super-gloss as CM / Batman Returns version, it needs a little more gloss for the final version.

It's ok that the Tumbler is molded straight out of plastic and has apparently no finish...because the actual prop looked just as matte black. There needs to be a little more with the 1989 car.

I like it better flatblack like the Tumbler. Batman doesn't need a paint job, bullets would just scratch it up.

Wonder if they'll include a flame for the back exhaust. Would be cool to have the option of having a flame shooting out the back. They could make it detachable, but after seeing what they did with GhostRider and how real that fire looked......it would look so awesome on this IMO.

Not a fan of the Crumbler, but what did the first pics of that look like compared to the final thing?

I will have this if/when its relaesed but will keaton bats figure fit in it?

the batsuit ears were shortened when filming keaton in the mobile.

Oh and what chance of a batwing model?:pray:

I will have this if/when its relaesed but will keaton bats figure fit in it?

the batsuit ears were shortened when filming keaton in the mobile.

Oh and what chance of a batwing model?:pray:

That's true. This should really come with a "shortened ears" Batman head ;)

That's true. This should really come with a "shortened ears" Batman head ;)

i think i will wait and see if they do another keaton figure especially for the mobile?

i only have 3 HT figures and they are all jokers so at least i can order an 89 joker with no worries:yess:

I doubt they'll make another '89 Batman. It comes with everything he needs. I think the only other Keaton Batman they'll do is 'Returns' (eventually).

There's better chance of getting another Joker (or two :monkey3).

Yeah I doubt they'll re-visit either of these figures, or do anything further once the Batmobile is released. They've hit the three main visual icons of this film, the Batwing may be too impractical at this scale to produce (but I've been surprised before). Not to mention, having to pay Jack for anything and everything they do for this movie...why do anything more than once.

I think it'd be awesome if the Batmobile came with a PERS head (sans faces) with an alternate "behind the shoulders" cape, so that those displaying him with the car can have the look that's more accurate to that scene.

I think all the haters of the upcoming HT Burtonmobile are the ones who dropped all their cash on the Cinemaquette (over-priced) version of the same vehicle. This looks pretty darn good to me, better than the expensive version.:rotfl

Since we're on this debate again I just thought I'll voice some of my comments on the HT Batmobile. I got to see it in person during a local toy convention and took some pictures of it.

The Batmobile is HUGE in-person, measuring approx 27 - 30 inches in length. Sad to say, all praise pretty much end there. I was disappointed with the flat, plastic-looking paint job (if there's a paint job at all) which makes it look like a cheap oversized toy. Not much detail on the vehicle either and the dimensions of the Batmobile seem off and did not resemble the Batmobile as seen in the movie. I'm hoping this is just a prototype and that HT slaps on proper paint in the production run to bring out the gloss in the paintwork as it could have been much better.

My advise? If you're looking for a more screen-accurate Batmobile which oozes quality, craftsmanship and paint job, go for the Cinemaquette Batmobile instead if price is not an option. Well, you pay for what you get.

aHTBatmobile3.jpg

aHTBatmobile.jpg

aHTBatmobile4.jpg

HTBatmobile4.jpg

The left rear looks like it has a broken axle, because the wheel shouldn't be allowed to stick out that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back