Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_lfprtn9Ktj1qchusmo1_500.gif

not sure why a number of you are complaining of price, what once you spend money you will never see it again? its a renewable resource.

Question

How's this HT Batmoblie gonna compare to the Toynami Batmoblie?

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_39.jpg

batmobile-replica-toynami.jpg

Well, let's not compare price and scale between the 2 for a minute.

If you care more about the accuracy of the general shape of the Batmobile go for CM but if you care more for the big scale and not so much of the shape accuracy of the car as well as its proportion and for the lower price go for HT

i was trying to be responsible and actually "read" most of the posts before asking my questions. (I have a tendency to just ask before reading and my education level has been called into question more than once). I got to the pink werewolf and had to stop... i don't even want to ask my question anymore.:lol

Never liked the armadillo armor that magically appeared from nowhere.

'Sides, that monster looks practically impenetrable anyway, why extra armor.

hey new to this thread, would this possibly have armored mode ?

Haven't heard of HT doing an armored mode yet. Although Toynami recently started preorders for an armored shell to fit over their Batmobile. I can't imagine HT not following suit.

Well, let's not compare price and scale between the 2 for a minute.

Ok, let's not talk about the areas where HT has CM beat...

If you care more about the accuracy of the general shape of the Batmobile go for CM but if you care more for the big scale and not so much of the shape accuracy of the car as well as its proportion and for the lower price go for HT

...oh wait, I thought you weren't going to talk about price and scale.

Not to restart the HT vs CM argument because I think fans of each prefer the different models for different reasons, but I must defend the HT model for the simple fact that it hasn't been released yet. While some details in the photos of the prototype can be clearly determined to be wrong just by a look (i.e., boxy side vent, headlights not deep enough)...claims and implications that its overall shape, proportion and scale are inaccurate are all based on eyeballing and not actual measurements. I've already made a few lengthy posts on why making such assumptions without measurements in hand is a problem:

Perspective distortion in photography:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3641796&postcount=398

The problem of saying that either 1989 Batmobile model is accurately or inaccurately scaled, without first definitively establishing what were the measurements of the original prop car (so many "official" sources contradict each other, which is right?):
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3648595&postcount=747

Question

How's this HT Batmoblie gonna compare to the Toynami Batmoblie?

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_39.jpg

batmobile-replica-toynami.jpg

To Bezzerkerr's question: excluding price (CM = $ 2k; HT = lots of speculation, but still unknown at this point) These two models are two different representations of the Batmobile, HT is going for the 1989 look, and CM is clearly going after the high gloss Batman Returns look. In deciding for yourself which to go after, you have to decide, which movie's look do you prefer more, among other factors.

Anyone have a guess as to the dimensions of this beast? Think it's going to be more than 12" wide at the back wheels (the widest point)? Just trying to figure out if there's even a place i could display this beast should it end up being reasonably priced.

Anyone have a guess as to the dimensions of this beast? Think it's going to be more than 12" wide at the back wheels (the widest point)? Just trying to figure out if there's even a place i could display this beast should it end up being reasonably priced.

While we don't have the HT measurements yet, different "official" sources for measurements of the full size car have it's width at the back end ranging from 6' [72"] to 8' [96"]. That 2 foot difference is a pretty big range/margin of error.

In one-sixth scale, that range for the width is 12" to 16".

while we don't have the ht measurements yet, different "official" sources for measurements of the full size car have it's width at the back end ranging from 6' [72"] to 8' [96"]. That 2 foot difference is a pretty big range/margin of error.

In one-sixth scale, that range for the width
is 12" to 16".

That's a big ass!!

Since we're on this debate again I just thought I'll voice some of my comments on the HT Batmobile. I got to see it in person during a local toy convention and took some pictures of it.

The Batmobile is HUGE in-person, measuring approx 27 - 30 inches in length. Sad to say, all praise pretty much end there. I was disappointed with the flat, plastic-looking paint job (if there's a paint job at all) which makes it look like a cheap oversized toy. Not much detail on the vehicle either and the dimensions of the Batmobile seem off and did not resemble the Batmobile as seen in the movie. I'm hoping this is just a prototype and that HT slaps on proper paint in the production run to bring out the gloss in the paintwork as it could have been much better.

My advise? If you're looking for a more screen-accurate Batmobile which oozes quality, craftsmanship and paint job, go for the Cinemaquette Batmobile instead if price is not an option. Well, you pay for what you get.

aHTBatmobile3.jpg

aHTBatmobile.jpg

aHTBatmobile4.jpg

HTBatmobile4.jpg

Since we're on this debate again I just thought I'll voice some of my comments on the HT Batmobile. I got to see it in person during a local toy convention and took some pictures of it.

The Batmobile is HUGE in-person, measuring approx 27 - 30 inches in length. Sad to say, all praise pretty much end there. I was disappointed with the flat, plastic-looking paint job (if there's a paint job at all) which makes it look like a cheap oversized toy. Not much detail on the vehicle either and the dimensions of the Batmobile seem off and did not resemble the Batmobile as seen in the movie. I'm hoping this is just a prototype and that HT slaps on proper paint in the production run to bring out the gloss in the paintwork as it could have been much better.

My advise? If you're looking for a more screen-accurate Batmobile which oozes quality, craftsmanship and paint job, go for the Cinemaquette Batmobile instead if price is not an option. Well, you pay for what you get.

aHTBatmobile3.jpg

aHTBatmobile.jpg

aHTBatmobile4.jpg

HTBatmobile4.jpg

Great pics. STGCC??

I don't know what else I can say about apparent proportions/scale that I haven't already mentioned. In a nutshell, several people say it looks off, several say it looks fine...we have no final measurements of the HT version yet and no definitive measurements of the real 1989 car to compare them to if we did.

What details are missing from the HT Batmobile's body? It looks like every pipe, vent, molding, seam etc is there to me.

As for the paint, -- It may well be that the HT prototype hasn't been painted at all and is just molded plastic with no coat of any paint or finish on it at all. But when it comes to a screen accurate paint job, which of the Burton Batman movies are you referring to? Of course the CM version is more screen accurate than HT...for a Batman Returns version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back