1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Got the jacket by Geewhiz. Excellent job. I gotta work more on the futzing and adjust it better but here you have a quick video in my instagram
Nice upgrade on the jacket (y). My original HT jacket is still holding up ok, (I use 303 protectant spray every so often on it, not sure if it works ?) I guess it will only be a matter of time before the dreaded flaking starts.
2NwUa1J.jpg

I leave it in this pose as I dont want to crease the jacket at the elbows.

I took mine out of the case and inspected it a couple weeks back. Jacket still seems fine, thankfully. Must be some environmental factors impacting jackets.
Yeah its a real mystery why some peoples jackets have crumbled away and others still look good. My figs are in a darkened room for the most part and I live in England, so no big climatic changes year round, no extremes in tempreature etc.

Obviously the pleather material is super fine, so chances are it will damage easier then a thicker material, and I appreciate that the material has to be super fine, to look good and natural in 1/6 scale

I think it must be a known problem with HT that this pleather material can disintegrate over time. I know of a few figs from HT with pleather issues:

The original Hellboy
John Connor
Ghost Rider
Abigail Whistler
Blade
The Crow
Catwoman
Star-Lord

There are probably more, these are just the ones I know of.

My two Terminator fig jackets, still look good but I do honestly think, its simply a matter of time before they start to go.
Hopefully by then HT release a Terminator 2.0 fig.
B0wOblB.jpg

Last edited:
The plether issue could have alot of causes, most likely weather , could also be the acidic nature of some peoples sweat/oil on their hands.

I have an Eric Draven and Terminator, both look brand new.

Was just looking at my one the other day when I noticed the totally clean neck. I'm sure I probably intended to bloody it up but never actually did it.

We need more terminators. A DX release would be nice. Right, Hot Toys? Right?

I'd be down for (new) Terminator figures. Heck, since they're foraying into reissues, how's about some from the Terminator line as well. I'd defs be interested in DX13 and 1/4 Endoskeleton reissues.

Last edited:
I'd be down for (new) Terminator figures. Heck, since they're foraying into reissues, how's about some from the Terminator line as well. I'd defs be interested in DX13 and 1/4 Endoskeleton reissues.
Sigh, it will never happen haha but a new Kyle Reese T1, new Sarah T2 would be nice as well.

Back