Hot Toys - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks fantastic....again, another must buy. I'm hoping that, as cool as these quarters are, that Hot Toys slows down now! My wallet needs some time!

I'm glad I only collect Terminators and some IMs. Because some guys (mainly Avengers and Bats, or both) are living hell right now. :lol

I think SSC did a better job with sculpting on their T-800 Endoskeletons, head looks weird on this..no interest.

Hmmm, not bad at all!

Eager to see Enterbay's 1:4 interpretation... then I'll have a better view of which one I'll be picking up.

Had there not been the BD T-800 and T1 Arnie coming out in 1:4, I'd probably spring for both too. Will see... might just pull the funds together lol.

Speaking of the T1 Arnie - I guess he isn't going to be at the show? The teaser for him was reposted by HT recently in the Ani-com advertising.

Speaking of the T1 Arnie - I guess he isn't going to be at the show? The teaser for him was reposted by HT recently in the Ani-com advertising.

That was just a hopeful post by me... a reminder to Hot Toys if you will. At least they showed the Endo, though I was certain the T1 Arnie would also make an appearance.

That was just a hopeful post by me... a reminder to Hot Toys if you will. At least they showed the Endo, though I was certain the T1 Arnie would also make an appearance.

Thats what I thought at the time you posted it but when I asked if it was just hopeful posting someone said HT had posted it :dunno

Oh well, if they showed everything at this show we'd be complaining about there being no new reveals for an extended period of time afterwards.

if it is plastic is an easy pass.

This could be interesting IF it will be made of metal,
otherwise if you like to have a 18 inch endo,
there is one of NECA that cost about 40 bucks,
it is an EXCELLENT value for the money,
and you can have your 18-inch endo saving alot of money.

15194-3.jpg

15194-2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PZlWVDderkI

Not for me. The best overall looking endo will get my money.

and which do you think is better out of all of them so far? You got the CM or 1:2 Endo?

I think SSC did a better job with sculpting on their T-800 Endoskeletons, head looks weird on this..no interest.

the 1/4 Endo from SS looked horrible, this beats it easily. The only thing I don't like about the 1:2 is the teeth. I had the 1:1, too big, and the 1:3 CM is too expensive.

if it is plastic is an easy pass.

This could be interesting IF it will be made of metal,
otherwise if you like to have a 18 inch endo,
there is one of NECA that cost about 40 bucks,
it is an EXCELLENT value for the money,
and you can have your 18-inch endo saving alot of money.

Yeah but it needs chroming and a lot of redetailing work to look good. The stock figure would look awful as a stand-in for this.

and which do you think is better out of all of them so far? You got the CM or 1:2 Endo?

I only have the 1:6 HT. I don't like the skull, it looks weird but it was cheap so I bought it.

My top 3 (1:1 excl.) :
1 - Cinemaquette 1:3
2 - Hot Toys 1:4
3 - Sideshow 1:2

The skull is the most important part on the endo (I love it, that's why i have 3 endoskulls), you fail the head you kill the whole thing.
IMO the CM is close to perfection.

the 1/4 Endo from SS looked horrible, this beats it easily. The only thing I don't like about the 1:2 is the teeth. I had the 1:1, too big, and the 1:3 CM is too expensive.

Agree.
I don't like the teeth on the 1:2. I think HT nailed it on the 1:4.

Yeah but it needs chroming and a lot of redetailing work to look good. The stock figure would look awful as a stand-in for this.

That is NOT true,
it has a GREAT value for money 40 bucks,
about 10% of what HT will ask for HIS 18inch
all the articulations works,

Not so bad out of the box, and eyes light up!

post-448662-1314530024.jpg

Yep. The cable that links the souldhers to the torso in one of them. They made the same mistake on the 1/6. ;)

https://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2537/40959410150955196067344.jpg

Puppet used for the film :

https://api.ning.com/files/W5D1cvJM...bHUuCTcDj9NavDYI/endoskeleton_Terminator1.jpg

The Hot Toys sculpt is not the T1 endoskeleton, regardless of them calling it that. It is a T2 style endoskeleton... or... at worst... referenced from the Sideshow full scale statue and busts. They even replicated the extra long Sideshow lower teeth.

In T2 those cables were done differently on the various endoskeletons shown in the movie. Some went in front of the collar bone piston, some went behind it.

They also replicated the age old inaccuracy of making the legs bigger than they should be compared to the rest. Knee caps and fingers are all T2 style. Why they don't call it a T2 is beyond me as it's clearly not a T1.

From looking at reference pictures, it appears that this figure's head is too small, or it is mounted too far back on the body, or both. Something definately looks off with the proportions. The eyes appear to be too small, and placed too far up in the socket, and the bottom row of teeth are wider than the top, when it should be the other way around.

Also, I don't think this image has been posted yet

29785d1343322640-hot-toys-terminator-1-4th-scale-endoskeleton-collectible-figure-1htendobig6.jpg

That is NOT true,
it has a GREAT value for money 40 bucks,
about 10% of what HT will ask for HIS 18inch
all the articulations works,

Not so bad out of the box, and eyes light up!

post-448662-1314530024.jpg

I've been called a NECA fanboy and even I think that figure is basically crap. Good back in its day maybe but that day is gone. The forearms, hands, entire legs and feet suck. They cheap out on the detailing by filling in parts that should be hollow, where there should be seperate pistons it is instead all a solid one-piece with the pistons only suggested - details that even McFarlane got right on their 7" figure from over 10 years ago. I have one of these, and it is not acceptable standing next to the EB T-800. Far as I'm concerned I just do not have a 1:4 scale endoskeleton. I intend to rectify that.

The Hot Toys sculpt is not the T1 endoskeleton, regardless of them calling it that. It is a T2 style endoskeleton... or... at worst... referenced from the Sideshow full scale statue and busts. They even replicated the extra long Sideshow lower teeth.

In T2 those cables were done differently on the various endoskeletons shown in the movie. Some went in front of the collar bone piston, some went behind it.

They also replicated the age old inaccuracy of making the legs bigger than they should be compared to the rest. Knee caps and fingers are all T2 style. Why they don't call it a T2 is beyond me as it's clearly not a T1.

Agreed, its essentially a T2 one, like always. No one ever makes a T1 endoskeleton. I guess they called it a T1 for licensing reasons

From looking at reference pictures, it appears that this figure's head is too small, or it is mounted too far back on the body, or both. Something definately looks off with the proportions. The eyes appear to be too small, and placed too far up in the socket, and the bottom row of teeth are wider than the top, when it should be the other way around.

Also, I don't think this image has been posted yet

29785d1343322640-hot-toys-terminator-1-4th-scale-endoskeleton-collectible-figure-1htendobig6.jpg

your grasping.........

Yeah, they use busts as a reference. There is pic showing the team sculpting some heads, and on one of the monitor, there were a pic of a bust.

I just watched T2 intro and I didn't see any endo with the cables in front of the pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back