Hot Toys - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, another thing to add to the list!? Really? Does anyone know of a good bridge nearby that I can live under for the forseeable? Looking at it one way, the boxes to 1:4 are gonna be bigger = more cardboard to use as a blanket!

Plastic basically, they said on their facebook that it's "electroplated".

looks great, really mean head sculpt. Just need the price on these. Are there any inaccuracies with this that anyone can see?

This looks really awesome. I am glad to see actual Terminator stuff. I'll be blunt if I want figures to represent Terminator I wouldn't get random figures of Arnold in leather. To me it is all about the actual endo or T-1000 and it always disappoints me when companies like Enterbay go for the clean Arnold instead of a battle damaged one.

While this isn't battle damaged as there is no skin or anything, it looks absolutely incredible. Definitely a must buy for me.

Can't wait to have this badboy. That old NECA 18" just won't do. Although in the event of not being able to get the exclusive for this the plasma rifle from the NECA will hopefully suffice here.

I would have liked some close-ups of the palms of the hands - I can't quite tell if they added any more detail there..worryingly I don't think they did - which, if the case, would be a waste for the 1:4 scale. Why not put in the extra detail that would be just too small and fragile for 1:6.

looks great, really mean head sculpt. Just need the price on these. Are there any inaccuracies with this that anyone can see?

Probably a few but I'm not focussing on that at the moment.

This looks really awesome. I am glad to see actual Terminator stuff. I'll be blunt if I want figures to represent Terminator I wouldn't get random figures of Arnold in leather. To me it is all about the actual endo or T-1000 and it always disappoints me when companies like Enterbay go for the clean Arnold instead of a battle damaged one.

While this isn't battle damaged as there is no skin or anything, it looks absolutely incredible. Definitely a must buy for me.

but the BD T-800 is coming this fall from EB, so you don't have to wait too long. I already sold my clean version :eek:

Plastic basically, they said on their facebook that it's "electroplated".

Didn't they say it had some parts made of metal as well? I recall this being one of the main points... or perhaps it was the EB one? Does anyone know FOR SURE?

Yep. The cable that links the souldhers to the torso in one of them. They made the same mistake on the 1/6. ;)

https://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2537/40959410150955196067344.jpg

Puppet used for the film :

https://api.ning.com/files/W5D1cvJM...bHUuCTcDj9NavDYI/endoskeleton_Terminator1.jpg

Oh, ok, not that minor details would bother me. I'm not expecting this to be perfectly accurate cause I don't even think the 1:1 version or 1:2 version from SS were perfectly accurate anyways. Hell, unless scanned from the actual movie prop, nothing is going to be perfectly accurate with any of these collectibles.

Didn't they say it had some parts made of metal as well? I recall this being one of the main points... or perhaps it was the EB one? Does anyone know FOR SURE?
Yep, there was a lot of rumors about upcoming Enterbay 1:4 scale Endo. And the main of them is that it will be metal.
HT mentioned "some metal parts" or smth like that but I guess all those parts are screws & bolts :lol

Oh, ok, not that minor details would bother me. I'm not expecting this to be perfectly accurate cause I don't even think the 1:1 version or 1:2 version from SS were perfectly accurate anyways. Hell, unless scanned from the actual movie prop, nothing is going to be perfectly accurate with any of these collectibles.

Indeed !
Though, the cable issue is fixable. :)

Yep, there was a lot of rumors about upcoming Enterbay 1:4 scale Endo. And the main of them is that it will be metal.
HT mentioned "some metal parts" or smth like that but I guess all those parts are screws & bolts :lol

EB would win if it is all metal. :lecture Hot Toys looks great though, I love the detail on the teeth and the light up eyes :rock

Not for me. The best overall looking endo will get my money.

head sculpt looks really good on this one...looks like no mid spine again just like the 1/6 scale

looks fantastic....again, another must buy. I'm hoping that, as cool as these quarters are, that Hot Toys slows down now! My wallet needs some time!

56138710150955193557344.jpg

52652410150955194132344.jpg

Looking at the hands it definitely looks like a missed opportunity to use 1:4 scale to add detail that just can't go into 1:6. The only thing that appears improved about the hands is the range of motion in the wrists. There doesn't appear to be any of the palm pistons and hoses. I can't even see any forearm hoses. WTF.

Nevertheless this must be bought. An opening for Enterbay to go one better than HT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back