Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean not everyone has the space for 2 life size Grogu's, and I think they're fairly priced but for some another $400 isn't chump change.

They are fairly priced, but since when is anything fairly priced in this hobby. But I guess you’re right, as I forgot the range of reactions that these got when they were first revealed. In the statue groups many thought it’ll end up being twice the price that we were eventually charged, whereas in these Hot Toys threads more than a few thought they were a rip off when the price was revealed.

I simply just don't want 2 life sized grogus chilling in my room.

True, both in one room may not work. I just remember how a few collectors would pose their Baby Groots all over their house, so that’s what I’ll be doing. One with the collection and another out in the world as it were.

I still don't see what the problem is. Buy which ever one you like more. If you don't like either hold out for a better one. Problem solved.

The ears are a different color and (what looks like) texture????

I suspected it in previous videos, but Justin's video really highlights how different they look.

But I guess I can look past the big hands, ears seams, big feet, different colored ears, jacket that's all kinds of wrong, exaggerated sculpting... because hey, it's articulated, and it's soooooo cute.

Those hands are beyond ridiculous...

Hot Toys shills had no problem piling it on Sideshow for coming up woefully short for years in the past. Heck I have been one of the people joining in when it was appropriate. But now when it's painfully obvious that the shoe is on the other foot the Hot Toys homers can't take their medicine.

I?m getting pretty damn close to cancelling this. Those hands just ruin it for me. I can deal with the seams on the ears, but now that I?ve noticed the full grown yoda size hands on this toddler I can?t unsee it. This is like Grogu season 4 after he?s grown quite a bit

I have no horse in this race, as I'm not going to buy either of the 2 versions, despite the fact that I really enjoyed Mandalorian. But IMO the SSC looks better overall. HT could have been much better without the removable ears. The HT clothes can be weathered to look more distressed. Are the HT ears made of rubber? If so then I wouldn't be very happy, as we know HT's rubber can decay in time.

The overall proportions just throw the entire thing off.

Do you care to carefully list reasons to your conclusion? Please give a good reason to why this thing is off !
PLEASEEE ! ! !

Cause i know i'm totally incapable of making my own observations and i yearn for someone to remind me again and again and again like a broken record on why you don't like it, hence i should hate it too.

I really want to order then cancel my order. So just tell me why i should... the fate of whether or not i own a 1:1 HT The Child is entirely in your hands ! ! ! !

Give it to me ! ! ! Those ugly ear seems, no hair on the ears, huge hands, isin't the original mold, cartoony, robes don't look good, its hasbro'ish, what did i miss... GIVE ME MORE ! ! ! !

Do you care to carefully list reasons to your conclusion? Please give a good reason to why this thing is off !
PLEASEEE ! ! !

Cause i know i'm totally incapable of making my own observations and i yearn for someone to remind me again and again and again like a broken record on you don't like it, hence i should hate it too.

I really want to order then cancel my order. So just tell me why i should... the fate of whether or not i own a 1:1 HT The Child is entirely in your hands ! ! ! !

Not to be rude but shut the **** up.

That kind of petty sarcasm makes you seem 12 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be rude but shut the **** up.

That kind of petty sarcasm makes you seem 12 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be rude but **** off and no.

You like to "voice your opinion" for this figure.
I'm actually encouraging you to do so.
Didn't say "if you don't like it don't buy it" now did I?

So please by all means, continue to tell us the flaws you see... enrich us with your keen insight :stick

Not to be rude but **** off and no.

You like to "voice your opinion" for this figure.
I'm actually encouraging you to do so.
Didn't say "if you don't like it don't buy it" now did I?

So please by all means, continue to tell us the flaws you see... enrich us with your keen insight :stick

Not that I disagree, but it can get worse than the above as far as critiques go. For figures more often than not, some inaccuracies are just part of the parcel when it comes to poseable figures.

But because of the Sideshow version (which I have, but I’m also getting this one too), comparisons were always going to be made (especially given that it is a life size item), and in the statue game, especially for cult favourites inaccuracies are jumped on quite viciously. You should see some of the threads for Predators, Aliens and for the superhero films it’s usually the combo pair of Bale Batman and Ledger Joker that get hit with the most ‘critiques’.

Has there been any mention of the material used on the head? It is some type of silicon material, I'd guess? Hot Toys has a history of figures using silicone type bodies, which can deteriorate over time depending on the material used. Just wondering if the material on the head would be subject to the same over time.

Sean

Has there been any mention of the material used on the head? It is some type of silicon material, I'd guess? Hot Toys has a history of figures using silicone type bodies, which can deteriorate over time depending on the material used. Just wondering if the material on the head would be subject to the same over time.

Sean

Hot Toys does not have a history with silicone. They have typically used rubber for seamless bodies, versus companies like Phicen which use silicone.

I'm going to guess this is closer to the material they used for the Hulk figures. Someone with both Grogu and Hulk can do a comparison.

The Hulk figures seem to be pretty durable. I haven't seen any widespread issues with those.

But like with anything, it's also down to proper handling and display of the figure. Leaving the rubber arms in extreme poses for long periods of time or in bad environments often led to the damage seen in widely circulated pictures.

Well if Hot Toys never makes the Pram, Mattel has one for their 12in plush that could probably work. $400, one week only, 3/5-3/12. Source: https://creations.mattel.com/products/star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-child-collector-edition-plush-with-hover-pram-hdk65

HDK65_03_1080x.jpg

Well if Hot Toys never makes the Pram, Mattel has one for their 12in plush that could probably work. $400, one week only, 3/5-3/12. Source: https://creations.mattel.com/products/star-wars-the-mandalorian-the-child-collector-edition-plush-with-hover-pram-hdk65

View attachment 507987

Why the hell is that thing $400?! It's great they actually did the hair on the ears and all, but plush body and feet. The Pram is nice and a great selling point, but still, $400?!

Back