Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In what world are those colors pink? It's green... maybe some color blindness going on?

The sideshow outfit doesn't even sit flush at the bottom front because of the way they cut it. There's a gap/hole there. The overall lighter material looks more accurate though.

In what world are those colors pink? It's green... maybe some color blindness going on?

The sideshow outfit doesn't even sit flush at the bottom front because of the way they cut it. There's a gap/hole there. The overall lighter material looks more accurate though.

What? Theres super harsh pink all over his face and the palms/soles of his hands/feet, I am well aware that he is green.

Yes the Sideshow robe is slightly too short but overall it looks better than the super clean and neat looking HT robe imo.

Also his hands look absolutely massive compared to the Sideshow.

Does anyone else think that the hands and feet on this seem a little bit on the large side compared to Grogu on screen? You can see in the comparison with the sideshow version that they are definitely a bit bigger.

Does anyone else think that the hands and feet on this seem a little bit on the large side compared to Grogu on screen? You can see in the comparison with the sideshow version that they are definitely a bit bigger.

Yep, massive Hulk hands. Proportions look pretty off overall to me in regards to the body.

Creepy cabbage patch face, wrong head shape, pink cheeks still just as off, horrid ear seams, green ear color distractingly doesn't match the green of his head, MASSIVE hands lacking sculpt detail and clown feet, hair is poor compared to Sideshow, potato sack weathering/color is also poor and ill-fitting, he does indeed appear to have a beer gut as mentioned above, did I miss anything?

And if you think all this is bad, just wait until that rubber starts cracking in a couple years....

But, but articulation...

How many of you guys who are hating on this Adam Savaged your Sideshow version? Lol

I must need my eyesight testing, the Hot Toys looks way better in every department to my eyes. 7.5 for SS, 9.5 HT. In-hand we?ll see. I have both coming so no bias towards one or the other.

Actually a pretty fair review from Justin. I am not at all surprised that he ruled the Hot Toys as better, but the critiques he does bring up with the Hot Toys are good.

I am honestly quite shocked how divisive the whole Sideshow Grogu vs Hot Toys Grogu is, because there are plenty saying the Hot Toys is better in every way and plenty saying the Sideshow is better in every way (including myself). I have come around to the Hot Toys a bit more in the sense that I don't think it looks as terrible as the initial promo stuff, but I am still rather shocked the general consensus isn't towards the Sideshow. When Justin does the comparison in the video it just reinforces my opinion, but I guess a lot of the Hot Toys lovers did the same. :rotfl

I do like the idea of articulation, but looking at comparison pictures to the show the Sideshow is way more accurate. Tailoring and weathering is better, the feet and hands are properly proportioned instead of being massive, there are no ear seams, head shape and detailing is closer, hair looks better, wire in the coat is actually strong and usable, and even stuff like the base is a definitive win for Sideshow (beautiful art on the bottom and it's nice and heavy). Again, I understand the whole desire for articulation and if that's most important obviously Hot Toys is better, but in terms of accuracy and realism I didn't think there would be much of a debate.

Good thing we have multiple options so everyone can hopefully be happy. Surprised we haven't seen more life size Grogu's in the high end market honestly.

Again, I understand the whole desire for articulation and if that's most important obviously Hot Toys is better, but in terms of accuracy and realism I didn't think there would be much of a debate.

c9d690d1b3eec708004560aa281c7cdb.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

How many of you guys who are hating on this Adam Savaged your Sideshow version? Lol

I must need my eyesight testing, the Hot Toys looks way better in every department to my eyes. 7.5 for SS, 9.5 HT. In-hand we?ll see. I have both coming so no bias towards one or the other.

Reading through all these comments, I'm sure there's a bit of "I bought the SS version and it's the best" bias here though. :lol

But I guess be happy with what you have and don't try to convince others otherwise. It's always the same in these online forums.

I have the SS and ordered the HT looking forward to getting my HT Grogu to love both.
just IMO not that it means anything the HT from pics looks more cartoonish and those hands !
I want to see if his robe come cover them more I like both but for now only have my ss.
I removed some pink and did the arms ( not to be a figure but for a better static statue pose ).
Here?s my ss and some pics I just saw on FB
32A3168F-90BB-45CD-A205-0253AFCB6C20.jpeg1516D127-99AA-4913-9970-65E347915FE3.jpegB42EFFAF-3E7A-4C66-8DB8-8F701186A292.jpeg

I have the SS and ordered the HT looking forward to getting my HT Grogu to love both.
just IMO not that it means anything the HT from pics looks more cartoonish and those hands !
I want to see if his robe come cover them more I like both but for now only have my ss.
I removed some pink and did the arms ( not to be a figure but for a better static statue pose ).
Here?s my ss and some pics I just saw on FB
View attachment 506226View attachment 506227View attachment 506228

I think in pictures SS looks better but in videos HT does because there’s so many possible poses and configurations. Comparing the HT in the same static pose as SS will certainly benefit SS but a lot of people like the realistic mouth articulation and the ability to sit.

Along with the hands and feet being huge. I think the Mythosaur pendant looks massive as well.

There is a rumor that this person made the screen used prop sells them on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/767880...saur-skull-pendant?ref=shop_home_feat_1&bes=1

That is indeed the actual screen prop, I own two of them, one basic and one plated. If anything, its going to be even bigger than the one that comes with HT Grogu. Its huge, Its just over 2" long. Which fits, since it was intended to be worn by adults.

One thing I like about the HT version is that the skin has a more translucent look to it, which looks more real. At least, IMO.

The HT figure is cute as hell and looks like it would be fun as hell to own... but is still just a bit too cartoony for my taste. And I'm also liking the Sideshow robe a lot better now too, as it's big and shapeless with more accurate longer sleeves, and does a better job covering up the feet (which we almost never see on the show).

Back