Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the SS and ordered the HT looking forward to getting my HT Grogu to love both.
just IMO not that it means anything the HT from pics looks more cartoonish and those hands !
I want to see if his robe come cover them more I like both but for now only have my ss.
I removed some pink and did the arms ( not to be a figure but for a better static statue pose ).
Here?s my ss and some pics I just saw on FB
View attachment 506226View attachment 506227View attachment 506228

Thanks for the awesome comparison pics, Jay! Pretty much seals the deal for me now. Love that articulation you added to SS?s. For me that?s the way to go.

Great review, glad to see the hands compared. The feet are also gigantic, which ruins the sitting pose for me.

I still am keeping my preorder for hot toys, but I am not feeling super enthusiastic about the final product at the moment.

Thanks. If we didn?t have the Sideshow version to compare, I think this could have been a 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this thing is rough all the way around. Not a high end collectible replica, pretty much a nicely done kid's toy that costs way too much. That rubber won't last. And they made Grogu obese with massive hands and feet. Case closed, you can't compare this to the Sideshow. Hot Toys should be ashamed of this.

Wow this thing is rough all the way around. Not a high end collectible replica, pretty much a nicely done kid's toy that costs way too much. That rubber won't last. And they made Grogu obese with massive hands and feet. Case closed, you can't compare this to the Sideshow. Hot Toys should be ashamed of this.

The definition of Hot Toys lol

Chill out man, they?re just toys.

Imo the SS one looks like he?s been suffering from prolonged illness, with a bad case of rosacea in comparison. I?m getting both anyway. Each to their own, no need to get so stressed about it tbh.

Vote with your wallet. Money sends the message most strongly.

Is the SS one made of materials that will last longer, or are both rubber or materials that will deteriorate in a few years?

Based on the comparison video above, I'd agree with the reviewer myself - looks like SS is more screen-accurate and realistic, while Hot Toys is poseable and in my personal opinion a little cuter. So it all depends what you're going for - screen accurate or a cute toy.

Sideshow one is resin.

Chill out man, they?re just toys.

Imo the SS one looks like he?s been suffering from prolonged illness, with a bad case of rosacea in comparison. I?m getting both anyway. Each to their own, no need to get so stressed about it tbh.

Who is stressed out? dumb post, truth hurts maybe?

Anyway, why would you buy the Sideshow if you think it sucks? I would buy the HT if it was any good but it's not. As it is I might consider a second Sideshow and wire it up, or I might just be content with what I have.

Anyway, why would you buy the Sideshow if you think it sucks? I would buy the HT if it was any good but it's not. As it is I might consider a second Sideshow and wire it up, or I might just be content with what I have.

Did I say the Sideshow sucks? Not everything is black and white, you don't have to pour scorn on one thing because you prefer the other thing. The truth is they're both good in their own way, and it's just that I prefer the Hot Toys version in nearly every department. The Sideshow version is still great for what it is, it's just I don't think it has the appeal of the Hot Toys.

If you're not buying the Hot Toys version then I really don't see why you're so emotional about it. Anyway, up to you, let it stress you if you want to.

Did I say the Sideshow sucks? Not everything is black and white, you don't have to pour scorn on one thing because you prefer the other thing. The truth is they're both good in their own way, and it's just that I prefer the Hot Toys version in nearly every department. The Sideshow version is still great for what it is, it's just I don't think it has the appeal of the Hot Toys.

If you're not buying the Hot Toys version then I really don't see why you're so emotional about it. Anyway, up to you, let it stress you if you want to.

:slap

"I don't care which flag you fly." Awesome!!!! Objective, straight-up, vid.

To me, the HT looks like a caricature of Grogu, albeit cute, but more like a "kid's cartoon" version than an accurate representation. And now that the arms and feet have been pointed out - can't un-see that... really bad.

Oh can you tell me why the Sideshow is better then the Hot Toys? i have the Hot Toys on pre-order and all i need is 5-6 reasons why its not good before i press cancel.

"I don't care which flag you fly." Awesome!!!! Objective, straight-up, vid.

To me, the HT looks like a caricature of Grogu, albeit cute, but more like a "kid's cartoon" version than an accurate representation. And now that the arms and feet have been pointed out - can't un-see that... really bad.

Glad you enjoyed it [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Controversial opinion here, I like this version of Grogu because it's a fairly accurate life-size action figure. If I wanted a statue I'd get the Sideshow version. Thankfully there are two options to choose from for those that don't like this version.

Im still trying to decide. I might not get one at all but IF i do i like that the HT is posable and is not looking up up permanently but in my opinion you can't go wrong with either one

I think I would personally go with Hot Toys over Sideshow if I had to get one. Being able to do these kind of poses is what I would rather have than the fixed looking up pose that Sideshow went with.

It really just comes down to whether you want to sacrifice articulation or accuracy. At least for me, seeing Hot Toy's version being able to sit or do any pose you want on a shelf, makes it the version I would go with.

7WeUQQs.png

I don’t even know why it’s such an issue deciding what to do. Just get both of them, as they’re both pretty cheap items for life size items which usually have quite the ‘tax’ put on it no matter the physical size. But with the open ended edition sizes for both Sideshow and Hot Toys, I’m sure they’re banking on selling a truly ridiculous amount of these things.

I don’t even know why it’s such an issue deciding what to do. Just get both of them, as they’re both pretty cheap items for life size items which usually have quite the ‘tax’ put on it no matter the physical size. But with the open ended edition sizes for both Sideshow and Hot Toys, I’m sure they’re banking on selling a truly ridiculous amount of these things.

I mean not everyone has the space for 2 life size Grogu's, and I think they're fairly priced but for some another $400 isn't chump change.

Back