Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mob Boss Joker is going to be excellent. Wanted it for many years.

And with the extra head, artist's cap and new tie, should be able to bash a good Museum Joker as well.

Hmmmm.... I'll have more Jacks than Ledgers...

Heise / Black.

Thankfully you can adjust the eyes on the HT. As for the hair, as long as it’s the correct material and has product in it, you can style it just like Black does if you know what you’re doing. When a custom artist hairs a sculpt it looks bad at first until fully styled and thinned out, you can also adjust the hairline need be.

As for the paint, all we have is a prototype so I can’t fully speak on what we’ll be getting. However, HTs is stating this

View attachment 657263
It is listed as "specially-hand painted" for every single one of their products' head sculpts. So I wouldn't expect anything more than the regular mass production paint

It is listed as "specially-hand painted" for every single one of their products' head sculpts. So I wouldn't expect anything more than the regular mass production paint
It’s definitely not the first time they’ve used that wording, we shall see, surely there’s more thought gone into the process than just rooted hair for these releases, both got a new sculpt for one, Joker got a new custom 1 of 1 body to match Ledgers. Wish IA would’ve done that. The prototype paint on the Artisan Joker looks different than the paint application process used on the DX11.

Also we’re giving IA a break on the massive variance between prototype paint and production but not HT now?

Not my photos.

63F59B2C-DC91-4A3C-B457-6D8FCEFD0804.jpeg

5229A298-B3CC-4A15-A0BC-40DF0BC8C855.jpeg

B1368164-A505-499E-ABAC-461C3B3BA2DA.jpeg

If you don’t feel screwed by that comparison, buy another set.

Last edited:
It’s definitely not the first time they’ve used that wording, we shall see, surely there’s more thought gone into the process than just rooted hair for these releases, both got a new sculpt for one, Joker got a new custom 1 of 1 body to match Ledgers. Wish IA would’ve done that. The prototype paint on the Artisan Joker looks different than the paint application process used on the DX11.

Also we’re giving IA a break on the massive variance between prototype paint and production but not HT now?

Not my photos.

View attachment 657571
View attachment 657572
View attachment 657573
All I said was they use that same pr statement on every single one of their product pages. Not sure where you got the InArt part from lol
Plus the picture you used at the end their is clearly not the best pic

I know it’s not the best picture but I was getting chewed out in October by you guys over pointing out the vast differences between the two. It’s like no one can criticize IA ever around here, how do you think a company grows? I posted a properly futzed picture of my rooted jail figure without redressing it or padding it out, I’m not biased. But no matter how much you futz the tailoring is still the same and the body is out of scale with the sculpt, any way you wanna slice it.
Just because I make it look good doesn’t mean IA gave it to me that way. Same goes for the mods I’ll inevitably do to my Artisan Joker.

My figure:

9138D499-5331-435E-BBA6-C85DBB94D537.jpeg

Last edited:
We're not likely to get a direct comparison between IA and HT other than this Joker.

We will be debating the merits for years to come...

Man, I hope a 3rd party takes a crack at Ledger now with rooted hair. :lol

Not my photos

If you don’t feel screwed by that comparison, buy another set.
I don't think anyone is giving them a break though? People have been pointing out their errors since day 1. Slightly oversized head for the jail cell look, dumb decision to do the base magnets at only certain areas, magnets sometimes coming off of the sockets, etc. Also to be fair, it's probably better to at least use a better comparison picture there. :lol Which shows that it's honestly not that crazy far off.

Ify51oX.png

The biggest difference between the two is that, Hot Toys has nearly 20 years of doing this on their belt. Not to say they're perfect, nor will they ever be, but it kind of gets to a certain point where them repeating certain behaviors and terrible decisions, comes off incredibly baffling and questionable. Especially for a lot of collectors who have been with them from nearly the start now. We KNOW they can do better and do some incredible things when they try but it's something you see every once in a while. In-between that are figures that are either filler or stuff that clearly went to their B Team to quickly put together.

How are you gonna re-release an 11 year old Batman Begins figure last year for $260 with a straight face? Seriously..? Then they release the DX19 only to announce a $600 Armory version a few months later with the updates that people have been asking for since the DX12. Like...why? This kind of stuff just makes them look like a**holes.

They're both completely open to be criticized. I've personally given INART a bit more slack due to this figure being their very first one into the market and them doing a great job with it. It's not perfect by any means and I hope they continue to improve with each release. But in comparison, all we've seen from every other company so far (Threezero, Sideshow, Blitzway, StarAce, etc) has been incredibly subpar, while also being in this business for far longer.

Last edited:
Back