Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Nick D OT_Customs...?
I don’t like Batman that much, but I do own Bales version and enjoy him in the role, best live action. Not comic accurate, I suppose, still fantastic job.

That new Jack Nicolson Joker suit Yunsil is doing is other worldly, although I don’t currently collect that version of the character, it is drool worthy and I’m jealous.

Yunsil:

7E084F48-B66B-4908-98E9-421ED7794F3A.jpeg

DX08:

AAE6FC5D-AAA5-4CCC-8A30-12758641793E.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to buy oaty’s 1/6 cowl to fix my stupid dx19.

But I’ll wait for IA’s TDK Batman.
I still maintain what I said before: I want somebody to have the balls to bring their IA Joker into Secret Base and do a scale comparison with the DX 32. Part of my whole “I don’t really care which company it is, so long as it’s my preference” thing is compatibility. I’d love it if HT and IA were each delivering products that you could just as easily pose together as with their respective in-house counterparts. I’m not really sold on the TDKR armory and I think it’s shady that we still haven’t even been able to see the new Batman masked sculpt and it’s already waitlisted.

Yeah, that jagzz Nicholson run is insane. Even has the card cuffs and suit vest buttons. The sculpt is great too.

I do love Jack's Joker, but in a completely different way from Ledger. They are polar opposites.

Yeah, that jagzz Nicholson run is insane. Even has the card cuffs and suit vest buttons. The sculpt is great too.

I do love Jack's Joker, but in a completely different way from Ledger. They are polar opposites.
He’s definitely top 5 to enter my collection besides TDK. I don’t have funds set for that run but if I can squeeze on at a later date I will. Gorgeous, looks like it’s a mannequin at WB. Everything sits on the body so well. He’s going to look fantastic next to the new HT Keaton.

7A2874A2-D70C-44E2-9BD4-F68799F835FD.jpeg

Last edited:

Wait. What’s the sculpt look like? I’ve been out of the custom loop for a minute and this is just emphasizing that Jack needs a mainstream update, too.:lol

afaik there is a dai run for 89 joker sculpts as well. interested to see what that is like but already have donfung's, waiting for clothing set to open again

rooting is not good. sculpted is better option. too intense of a eye position for display purposes, only good for photography at one angle

View attachment 657352
Yeah, I think it should be more the same length, it’s far too much hair, needs a bit of thinning. Especially around the hairline. If he could work out shaping the rooted hair more accurately it would look better than the sculpted imo.

2C2385BF-6932-4D9E-BEF3-4FB6AB846E3C.jpeg

Jack was already getting old when he played the character. I just don’t think he’s experienced with rooting other characters besides Ledger enough to do it for this, but he could prove wrong.

Last edited:
afaik there is a dai run for 89 joker sculpts as well. interested to see what that is like but already have donfung's, waiting for clothing set to open again
Same, I’ll probably hop on the clothing run when it reopens, but I’m I’ll be fine with getting the Mars Toys Mob sculpt repainted to a full Joker make up look.

As much as I want to like that set, seeing all the pics, the only things I see as better than the HT is the jacket and vest. The shirt collar looks way too thick and sits way too high. Pants don't look any better than the HT. I know more work is said to be done on the tie, but as it stands, it's not draping quite right and the dot pattern isn't quite accurate either. I think I'll just stick with the HT.

The best 1/6 Nicholson Joker I have seen is TheFiend’s which was modded by Skiman.

4F58E0D2-BABD-49B3-A12F-F08D388C37DF.jpeg

23AAB73E-ED99-4492-9C4D-AD1C7E1DA19D.jpeg

The upcoming MARS mob joker heads look fantastic too,

A37DD5CB-58A9-477B-B3EE-0CB88EA4DA50.png

If Hot Toys did Jack again, it would probably be the purple suit/final cathedral battle . . . again.

That’s my point, the under scaled sculpt isn’t doing the collar or the big tie any favors, if that sees an adjustment, it will be perfect. As for the pants, they are indeed a vast improvement over the HTs, not only in pattern, but texture and material used. They also sit more accurately than the HT regardless of futzing.
The sculpt doesn't change the fact that the collar is too thick and too high though. My Mars Toys DX08 KO V2 has a better scaled shirt collar than the toribox. It may not have the proper shape, but scale wise, it's better than the custom. I'm glad you see a difference in the pants, but if there is one, I don't see enough to warrant the upgrade at all. Like I said, to me, the only real improvements based on the proto pics are the jacket and vest. If you think the whole thing is a vast improvement and worth the pricetag, then great, but that's not what I'm seeing. Now that we can see the whole thing (and yes, I've viewed all the pics posted on the other forum), I'm not seeing something worth a $500 upgrade. I'm sure the choice of materials are really nice and I do like that it'll have the french cuffs on the shirt with card cufflinks; but, visually, it's not enough of an upgrade like I had hoped it would be for me to pull the trigger

@Gipetto0812 Oh I agree, there’s things that definitely need refining, I’m not as well read on Jacks suit like I am Ledgers. However, if the sculpt gets an adjustment, the shirt collar slightly downsized & refined, possibly adding a wire would do wonders for it. It needs to sit flat and straight. Although the collar is actually big on the screen used suit (see pic) Tie needs to be downsized. It’s hard to get a visual on how the yunsil suit looks given the lighting it’s placed in, the screen used suit appears very bright in person, no one has gotten it spot on, same for Ledger.
We also need to keep in mind that the suit is almost 40 years old so it has definitely faded a bit since Nicholson wore it. So think even more vivid tones than the photo below. Burton wanted the contrast levels between Batman & Joker to be almost cartoon level stylized. Making the protagonist shrouded in darkness & the antagonist glee with color, flipping the usual narrative on its head.

981C3CB5-9AC6-46CE-83C1-18DD90B5317D.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm getting the Mob look purely to have an 89 Joker to have with my Batman. Won't be THE look, but the sculpts are so solid it'll work for me. I don't have the attachments many have to that iteration as many do.

Back