Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand the way he feels,he's in two minds of supporting a company run by someone he he feels is a d#*k,as well as other things,I wouldn't buy a Tesla,for some of the same reasons Captain Clown feels,and I don't support certain companies for a myriad of reasons no matter how good their product is,there are plenty of custom Ledgers out there as alternatives

Sure, I get that.

But they're toys.

They got lazy, they didn't rob anyone, they weren't putting out crap (low standards in comparison to themselves, sure), but always the option to vote with your wallet and say nah. Now that's happened in part due to Inart helping light a fire under their asses.

Nothing malicious has happened, they just rested on their laurels. I don't really find that comparison alike, but hey-ho.

I will be pre-ordering this in my underwear. I have spent so much money on collectible figures that I don't have any money left right now to spend on clothes. :LOL:

:rotfl

It's also kinda wild that some 1/6 clothing costs as much if not more than real life size, plus choosing clothes for our figures are more of a hassle than buying clothes for oneself :lol

I’m not even attempting.
The price will be ridiculously high for what you get- and people thought InArt were asking a lot when they announced their Joker…

HT bakes in the limited FOMO factor and suddenly numbers mean nothing; having is all that matters!

Somehow, I just don't think this will be hard to get down the road... especially when released. I think HT will make more than they announce here. Nothing says they can't proclaim 3,000 made (now) and another 3,000 later. No one's counting.

I'm not planning to be a part of Thursday or Fridays insanity... but I will sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Happy to pick this up in 2 years during the cancellation phase of the arrival process. I wonder who will be holding my seat for me...?

Somehow, I just don't think this will be hard to get down the road... especially when released. I think HT will make more than they announce here. Nothing says they can't proclaim 3,000 made (now) and another 3,000 later. No one's counting.

I'm not planning to be a part of Thursday or Fridays insanity... but I will sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Happy to pick this up in 2 years during the cancellation phase of the arrival process. I wonder who will be holding my seat for me...?
halftime show entertainment GIF by NBA

I’ve always found Amazon Japan to be overpriced. Lots of guys on the transformer forums post links for new masterpieces on Amazon Japan, yet they’re always priced way high over normal MSRP.

I agree. When the inevitable depression hits the world within the next year I will be able to pick this up for a song from a homeless person at my local strip mall.

DISCLAIMER-I am not talking about this figures quality. The proto does look nice. I am merely talking about HT as a company*

I’m glad more and more are realizing this is all smoke and mirrors. It absolutely is trying to drum up publicity and hype. There’s nothing wrong in trying to promote your product, but exploiting those with “FOMO” tactics is always…well… corny IMO.

It’s working too. According to Justin, a brawl broke out at the HK festival because some people didn’t get their figure/PO in.

“OH SNAP! it’s mad limited and people were FIGHTING for it! I NEED TO GET THIS BECAUSE BLOOD WAS SHED AND THE COPS WERE CALLED!!”

I also get the vibe that the reason this isn’t a comprehensive two-pack like InArt’s is because they intend to milk the everloving **** out of this newfound realization that Ledger Joker still sells like hotcakes, after all these years. I feel like that Derek Kwok dude talking about how many different variations and expressions of Ledger’s Joker were in TDK in their little featurette was hinting strongly at that…

Back