Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also get the vibe that the reason this isn’t a comprehensive two-pack like InArt’s is because they intend to milk the everloving **** out of this newfound realization that Ledger Joker still sells like hotcakes, after all these years. I feel like that Derek Kwok dude talking about how many different variations and expressions of Ledger’s Joker were in TDK in their little featurette was hinting strongly at that…

What was that quote from the billionaire in “Contact”?

…”why buy one, when you can buy 2 for the price of 3?”

I totally butchered that line…but yeah, 2 figures was never an option for them.

OH SNAP! it’s mad limited and people were FIGHTING for it! I NEED TO GET THIS BECAUSE BLOOD WAS SHED AND THE COPS WERE CALLED!!

@BrooklynWolf X
You know youre going to get it :ROFLMAO:

I ASSURE you, I won’t 🤣

It does look good, but it’s not substantial enough for me to get it.

At this point, the only ledger joker I’ll get is Nurse Joker.

In order for me to drop money on yet another ‘cheap purple suit’ joker is it needs to come with at LEAST 4 portraits. In other words, the penultimate ledger joker.

Yeah, disappointing that there's only one head here. Really feels like skimping considering the character it is.

Why give us 2 portraits now when they can sell another full figure with the same amount of accessories and a different expression and charge even more money for it a few years later?

lotr-lord-of-the-rings.gif
My wife's reaction when she finds out I have bought another figure.

Yes. There is a separate RSVP page for that one. The sculpted is a normal release
Where can I find the RSVP page for the sculpted? I looked for it in the Sideshow site but I only see the RSVP page for the rooted Artisan.

RSVP doesn't do anything. It's not a lottery system. It's their useless email system that alerts you 5 minutes after it sold out, that the figure is up for preorder. Just go to the website at the date and time. You don't need to sign up for this.
Everyone...shhhh 🤫 Spread the word to WAIT for your email from Sideshow on both the Joker and Anakin. 😂 That email should come in sometime between 9:05 - 9:10am PST then jump on Sideshow.

In all seriousness, the queue will start 10 minutes before go live. It says it will drop you in randomly once it begins at 9:00am PST.

Is it a random lottery queue tho?
Nope, just once you are in the queue you will be randomly dropped in to try and place an order. That's what it did with both Advanced Miles and Peter 2.0. The queue opens up at 8:50am PST. It will show you are in the queue and give you a message that you will be randomly dropped in once it opens for ordering. Once it drops you in at 9:00am PST, it will give you an approximate time left until you are released to order.

the Artisan now no longer shows im on the RSVP list when I go to the page and when I click Join it says 'There was an error joining the RSVP list.' Anyone else? As people have stated it might not matter anyway, but yeh. Maybe cos I clicked through to it from the recent email with a reminder when I was already RSVP'd? I dunno EDIT: it just worked again and now and saying I'm on the list

Back