Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not into freaky looking figures but I keep coming back to this guy.
I was really impressed with the InArt but was still undecided back then so I never pulled the trigger.
Now this guy shows up and I think I might try to do the Sideshow pre-order.

I've read thru this thread and the pre-order process can't be that bad, right?
I mean if Sideshow gets 1000 rooted Artisans, it should last for at least a couple hours.
Are there really 999 more nut jobs out there willing to pay $600+ for this guy?

Artisan joker.gif

I mean if Sideshow gets 1000 rooted Artisans, it should last for at least a couple hours.
laugh-chuckle.gif

This is gonna sell out in a few minutes, tops. Every one of these limited releases through Sideshow has been like that in addition to their website crashing and causing people to miss out due to payment not going through. It took the Wonder Woman figure to sell out in 10 minutes and that had an edition size of 1500 for Sideshow. Best of luck if you're going for the rooted version.

I'm not into freaky looking figures but I keep coming back to this guy.
I was really impressed with the InArt but was still undecided back then so I never pulled the trigger.
Now this guy shows up and I think I might try to do the Sideshow pre-order.

I've read thru this thread and the pre-order process can't be that bad, right?
Are there really 999 more nut jobs out there willing to pay $600+ for this guy?

View attachment 655766
I don't think the hair looks too good there. Too dry and doll like. Maybe too much hair? Something doesn't look right.

Last edited:
Well that shows what I know, if it sells out quick so be it.
EDIT: appreciate the advice guys! If I do try I'll make sure to be there early.

I don't think the hair looks too good there. To dry and doll like. Maybe too much hair? Something doesn't look right.
Does look like too much hair, from the many other images I've seen as well.
Maybe HT will adjust it to less before the final product comes out.
If not, I'm sure it can be futz'd into submission.
But that face sculpt is really good.

Last edited:
Well that shows what I know, if it sells out quick so be it.

Does look like too much hair, from the many other images I've seen as well.
Maybe HT will adjust it to less before the final product comes out.
If not, I'm sure it can be futz'd into submission.
But that face sculpt is really good.

I might PO the sculpted hair. The rooted seems to be a bit of a gamble.

I'm not so sure HT can pull off the rooted hair on the final product. The prototype should look perfect, but it doesn't, so who knows what the final product might look like.

I took a chance with Inarts and got lucky with both sculpts, but I'm not so sure I trust HT. If they pull it off, great, then I'll wait for them to make a bank robber rooted version or something else down the line.

Last edited:
Yeah, disappointing that there's only one head here. Really feels like skimping considering the character it is.
Good point, but on the other hand, if this was their motivation (big if), I could appreciate their wanting to keep some previous releases (DX-01 with the cop sculpt, DX-11 with the jail sculpt) "special" and worth holding onto. I appreciate this with the Bespin Luke. If they just updated and remade everything, then that the older figures would have even less value. But the one variant no major company has tried is nurse Joker. That would have been a nice add-on here.

10 minutes would be an insane amount of time, if you cant get it in that time, its on you, unless the site crashes.

Hope everyone who wants one gets one.

I have no worries that by the time this releases, so many here will have money issues they will be forced to cancel and I will be the beneficiary of their PO.

Sorry, but it always happens. Always. And that's with dolls that cost half as much as this one.

Seems like the sculpt is from the "hit me" scene, where he is more angry than menacing and creepy. Doesn't capture the character's essence as well as some other options might, in my opinion, but that's no doubt an iconic scene.

laugh-chuckle.gif

This is gonna sell out in a few minutes, tops. Every one of these limited releases through Sideshow has been like that in addition to their website crashing and causing people to miss out due to payment not going through. It took the Wonder Woman figure to sell out in 10 minutes and that had an edition size of 1500 for Sideshow. Best of luck if you're going for the rooted version.
My big question is less “how quickly does this sell out” and more “how many waitlists convert once this thing starts shipping…”

Back