Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It looks great in those shots.

Still don't like those gloves.

Overall, it's a nice looking prototype. Hopefully the final product is close to it. If so, it'll be a nice companion piece to the Inarts since it depicts Joker from different scenes. It's also a nice solo figure if you don't have the Inarts.

15 years later and there seem no end in sight to Joker merchandise from TDK. I bet Heath Ledger never could have imagine he'd be immortalized this way so many years after the release of the film.

It looks great in those shots.

Still don't like those gloves.

Overall, it's a nice looking prototype. Hopefully the final product is close to it. If so, it'll be a nice companion piece to the Inarts since it depicts Joker from different scenes. It's also a nice solo figure if you don't have the Inarts.

15 years later and there seem no end in sight to Joker merchandise from TDK. I bet Heath Ledger never could have imagine he'd be immortalized this way so many years after the release of the film.
I hope his family and daughter get something for likeness rights, but they probably don’t, unfortunately.

IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8133.jpeg

This looks crazy good, I can’t decide to get rooted or sculpted. I think joker would always be best rooted. But then I’m not sure to pay $700 on popcollectibles for one figure that is crazy. It’s kind of a gamble because his hair can even be worse than the prototype..

Sculpted is amazing I have no problems with it, but it’s that or gamble for a great/terrible rooted joker.

I would like to hear your guys thoughts whoever bought sculpted/rooted because I can’t decide 🤣

View attachment 654375View attachment 654376

This looks crazy good, I can’t decide to get rooted or sculpted. I think joker would always be best rooted. But then I’m not sure to pay $700 on popcollectibles for one figure that is crazy. It’s kind of a gamble because his hair can even be worse than the prototype..

Sculpted is amazing I have no problems with it, but it’s that or gamble for a great/terrible rooted joker.

I would like to hear your guys thoughts whoever bought sculpted/rooted because I can’t decide 🤣
It’s weird how it’s giving off so many different vibes depending on the shot. In the video, it’s the cocktail party/fundraiser and “hello beautiful.” In the promo photos/on display, it’s “hit me,” and, here, it feels like the pool table/ “wanna know how I got these scars” scene.

Honestly, sculpted. Not the biggest fan of their rooted hair and it just doesn't look better than the sculpted imo.

that must’ve been before the prototype suit was even finalized as the vest is completely different, tie has looks to be different and maybe even the shirt. Headsculpt looks great though paint apps are looking a bit different than the proto to me but that could just be photo editing, lighting, etc. making it appear so.

Finally, these photos show exactly what I've been seeing. The sculpt is just flat out better, and a lot of it has to do with the eyes. Inarts are dead as a door nail.

If j can't get rooted I'll definitely be going with sculpted. The purple coat is also incredibly good.

Hopefully it comes out looking like this.

Same here, Im really impressed with the sculpted hair, but I believe the rooted could be even better, if they make some changes, but will they? Also i dont know where to order the rooted version, i foun only Popcollectibles, where its pricey af. Are there any other options where its on preorder? (except facebook, i dont have account, still resisting:))

I watched the movie again when this sculpt from HT came out. It's really unfair for both to compare them because they're from different scenes with different expression and make up. I'd say the InArt sculpt has better likeness but that could simply be because it's a neutral face and easier for me to see the likeness while the HT sculpt also nailed that specific expression that they were going for.

Overall though, everyone should just go for the sculpted on this guy. Unless HT improves their rooting work from this prototype, the hair looks like crap imo

I watched the movie again when this sculpt from HT came out. It's really unfair for both to compare them because they're from different scenes with different expression and make up. I'd say the InArt sculpt has better likeness but that could simply be because it's a neutral face and easier for me to see the likeness while the HT sculpt also nailed that specific expression that they were going for.

Overall though, everyone should just go for the sculpted on this guy. Unless HT improves their rooting work from this prototype, the hair looks like crap imo
the angle jc hong picked for the proto isn't as flattering as the promo pics, he looks shell-shocked. i think inart's forehead for ledger is quite big and a not so familiar head shape that I'm used to comparing to other custom heads, specifically nancy's. hairline represents him more in IA's sculpt.

sculpted is the way to go unless they can prove me wrong and the hair turns out stellar, but i doubt it. but happy to be wrong if they decide to pull out a banger

First it’s the oooooohs and the ahhhhhhhs of the prototype pics. From the store shots to JC Hong’s Instagram workshop table shots.

Then the in hand and blogger photos come in.

Softer sculpt!”

“Detail is gone!”

“Paint not as good!”

“It’s different!”

And of course, Justin’s full light box review.

“Everything is washed out!”

“It’s flat looking!”

“Paint is horrible!”

Then most people get it and it’s good, it’s okay . . . But what about that NEXT Joker?!?

Last edited:
Finally, these photos show exactly what I've been seeing. The sculpt is just flat out better, and a lot of it has to do with the eyes. Inarts are dead as a door nail.

If j can't get rooted I'll definitely be going with sculpted. The purple coat is also incredibly good.

Hopefully it comes out looking like this.
If those were both pics of final products I wouldn't hesitate to agree. The Hot Toy definitely looks better there.

Back