Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2505.jpg

thin the hair by 30% and then we can start talking but very good. if the production is 85% close to what this looks, then inart's joker is in trouble. theres certain things i like about inart and certain things i like about HT's

Best pic of the haired version so far. Hopefully we’ll get some clear, straight on shots of the sculpted one before it’s all over.

The tailoring needs to be tightened up a bit. Those lapels are way too high up on the coat.

thin the hair by 30% and then we can start talking but very good. if the production is 85% close to what this looks, then inart's joker is in trouble. theres certain things i like about inart and certain things i like about HT's
Honestly seeing these photos, they're both great options, can't go wrong with either

He looks way better in these new pictures than the promotional ones and I know a lot of people will disagree but I feel like this likeness is slightly better than InArt's, the hairline being the only real problem I have. The intensity of the eyes is perfect and totally nails Heath's performance something I thought was lacking in the too close together eyes of InArt.
1690462894560.jpeg

While I don't doubt that they can outproduce anyone in nearly all aspects, the rooting to this higher quality is new to them compared to what they've done before with the synthetic punched hair in a cap piece. I mean, unless it was just BS, InArt had to hire/train ppl to do the rooting and I image HT has to do the same. I doubt the factory workers just know how to do the hair rooting. I know you're in the industry so you know better than I do. But, based on the little info we have, it doesn't seem like you can just tell ppl to start rooting hair and they all of a sudden will know how to do it properly without some level of training. When before you had factory workers just assembling the figures, now you need part of that team to also root the hair unless they've made a machine that will do it for them much like the painting techniques?
The factory InArt uses to root their hair can be booked by any brand, they're just expensive and you'll of course need a production manager on the floor to oversee everything that's what ultimately determines whether or not the hair will turn out good or not, a factory can produce a great product and a bad one at the same time depending on which brands they're working for. People forget how tenacious Hot Toys can be when it comes to competition, this might be a repeat of Enterbay all over again.

Actually surprised that rooting takes place on-site at factories.
Does anyone have a brief summary of what exactly happened to Enterbay? I know they released an amazing T-800 years ago which looked better than any of the current HT offerings, but now afaik they sit deep in their own corner just doing NBA stuff.

The factory InArt uses to root their hair can be booked by any brand, they're just expensive and you'll of course need a production manager on the floor to oversee everything that's what ultimately determines whether or not the hair will turn out good or not, a factory can produce a great product and a bad one at the same time depending on which brands they're working for. People forget how tenacious Hot Toys can be when it comes to competition, this might be a repeat of Enterbay all over again.
Reading up on that made me kinda surprised, i didn't expect hot toys to be kinda scummy like that.

Actually surprised that rooting takes place on-site at factories.
Does anyone have a brief summary of what exactly happened to Enterbay? I know they released an amazing T-800 years ago which looked better than any of the current HT offerings, but now afaik they sit deep in their own corner just doing NBA stuff.
AFAIK hot toys announced their own T-800 to compete with theirs, nabbed their sculptors and enterbay was no more, at least to compete with hot toys, i had no idea they were still around

He looks way better in these new pictures than the promotional ones and I know a lot of people will disagree but I feel like this likeness is slightly better than InArt's, the hairline being the only real problem I have. The intensity of the eyes is perfect and totally nails Heath's performance something I thought was lacking in the too close together eyes of InArt.
View attachment 652137
Yeah looks great. I think it was a mistake for them to light so many of the promo photos with his eyes lost in shadow.

Why would InArt be in trouble? InArt already sold their stock...HT waited for that so they can capture the market that didn't/couldn't buy the InArt...

I’m really coming around on this, especially since my display pose of choice for coated Joker is the hit me scene, it only makes sense that I have a Joker specifically sculpted on that facial expression and with a chunk of road as the base.
Unfortunately, I have little to no faith that I’ll be able to secure either this or Anakin with rooted hair.

Alternatively, the Sculpted hair still looks really fantastic. That’s a clear win over InArt’s spaghetti clumps.

I really think both companies have produced the best Joker for the specific scene they’ve each moddled the figure on; InArt is the grenade rig pose and HT for ‘Hit me!’

I though InArts Joker would sit comfortably unchallenged for years- and here we are, with some collectors still waiting to receive their copies, and a challenger has already emerged.

More higher quality figures is good news all around (if they’re actually attainable) but this should show InArt that there is absolutely no room for error because HT clearly want them gone.
It was nice of Viper to train all those factory workers how to do hair implanting so HT can swoop in and pinch them.

Back