Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand all the bobblehead comments about the inart figure. With all the layers the purple one is wearing, the head is the right size. Futzing with the jail joker and adjusting things here and there and the head is only slightlllly oversized, it's not a big difference they look fine. Proportions wise inart is better, it has the hunch and it's one of the best things about the figure, proportions are top notch as is the tailoring too.
Exactly this. It's slightly oversized without the extra layers but to call it a bobblehead is just silly.

With the jacket and coat the proportions are just about perfect. I've never once looked at the purple coat figure on the shelf and thought the head looks too big.

Both companies have used too much hair. Surprised HT didn’t learn from IA mistake on that. Anakin and Wonder Woman appear to suffer the same problem.

Is it only the rooted thats limited or is the sculpted also limited? From what I understand the sculpted is just a regular release no?

Is it only the rooted thats limited or is the sculpted also limited? From what I understand the sculpted is just a regular release no?
only rooted.

tbh with how bad the rooted looks. id be more interested in buying standard and not having to fight over people and have it rooted by an artist

If every ‘Artisan’ figure is going to be an exclusive limited edition, then there’s no reason for the majority of collectors to even acknowledging their existence as most stand no chance of actually acquiring them under the tactics HT have employed.
It is a really ****** gatekeeping tactic

So happy with this release (the regular is perfect for me, waiting for the price thought :p), in case I survive another year I will have a Bat and a Joker from Nolan again and it makes me happy. :)

Last edited:
I've never tried to order one of these limited figures but I want the rooted Joker. How does it work? Is it through Sideshow or some other site?

Yea my best friend get the Jordan’s and when I told her about this and Anakin she was like “yup, that sounds like me when I’m trying to get my shoes”

I would say it’s more they don’t have the capacity l/man power yet to make these at the standard numbers of a typical release rather than taking a wait and see approach.

Also, scarcity creates demand so they don’t have to worry about any of these sitting on the shelf ending up at deep discount b/c the limited nature guarantees a sell out.

I still think they should have a window, even if it’s just 2-3 days, then permanently close the PO. That would still limit the number made and give the ppl who really want it a solid chance to order
No one can outproduce Hot Toys, they have all the manpower and best factories, InArt's Joker sold well but it still can't match the insanely high HT numbers. These "Artisan" figures are limited for some other reason.

Sideshow also didn't share their post for both Anakin and the Rooted Joker on their FB page. They only shared the sculpted Joker, Suit Up IM and Black Suit Spidey. It's gonna be so bad when both this and Anakin go up for preorder for those who actually want it for their collection.

Get ready for those Ebay listings selling it for $800+.

What makes you guys think Hot Toys rooted will be good?

They have yet to prove themselves in that area. Everything before have been like Baribie. Same with all the regular human headsculpts having moveable eyes (not just the DX).

Also some of you are acting like you’re going to get this tomorrow. They still have a huge back log they gotta get through. Robocop 3, Tobey Spider-Man, both Dafoe Goblins, etc. etc.

So is this mean that regular sculpted is like a regular hot toys release like any other, and the only the rooted artisan is the limited?
Yes and will most likely remain that way for the foreseeable future. Any ARTISAN Wool Hair version will probably be super limited to 1000-3000 quantity.

Works in favor for this figure at least since the sculpted hair version looks way better than the rooted imo. Sucks for the Anakin though but who knows how the production version will look like anyways.

Back