Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s obviously going to come down to what looks best to you as a collector of course but for now I’m lovin’ me some HT Joker. 😁

A175901A-0C67-41A0-A32C-B9421AE9589F.jpeg

I remember the dark days of V1…the horror. Then came the DX01…better. Then the DX11…again, better, sort of. Then InArt…wow! Then HT Artisan… yet to be determined when released but for now…WOW!

I’ve owned them all. May as well continue the tradition.

Memory lane.

EC3354B7-B377-4217-BD6D-92AFD67516C2.jpeg

97FA8B69-5A72-440F-A123-B9760EF90355.jpeg

Don't get all the bobble head comments about the InArt Joker. The jail cell Joker looks a little oversized but looks just right on the purple coat figure.

Proportions and tailoring InArt is much better. I'd have still got this Hot Toys version if only they'd included a laughing sculpt.

I didn’t realize that InArts run was so large. So if we averaged out the unit cost to $400 (which is probably low), 10,000 figures comes out to $4 million in sales. Of course that’s going to get HT attention. That’s $4 million in lost revenue. HT is also notorious for stepping on competitor’s air hoses. So even though they don’t have the LotR or Harry Potter licenses, they may get pretty aggressive with the heavy hitters in their DC line. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them announce an Artisan Superman to undercut IA’s preorders. It’s too bad Marvel and Star Wars don’t award at least two 1/6 licenses.
$4 million in sales is not the same thing as $4 million in net revenue. Because this is a new scale and a new process for them, and because of how much they seem to be really pushing the quality on these figures, the margins on these may be incredibly small. They have to be relatively completive with Hot Toys.
A $400 figure may cost them $350 dollars to produce.

Damn, tough crowd... I think it looks damn near perfect. Loving the rooted hair.

I guess price will dictate if HT or IA comes out on top.

I remember the dark days of V1…the horror. Then came the DX01…better. Then the DX11…again, better, sort of. Then InArt…wow! Then HT Artisan… yet to be determined when released but for now…WOW!

I’ve owned them all. May as well continue the tradition.

Memory lane.
Got to admit that V1 is very nostalgic for me even if it looked bad. I never owned it out right, but pieced it together for the most part, but put the DC Direct sculpt on it. “Rooted” the hair and repainted the sculpt. It was my first real custom.

I don't understand all the bobblehead comments about the inart figure. With all the layers the purple one is wearing, the head is the right size. Futzing with the jail joker and adjusting things here and there and the head is only slightlllly oversized, it's not a big difference they look fine. Proportions wise inart is better, it has the hunch and it's one of the best things about the figure, proportions are top notch as is the tailoring too.

Got to admit that V1 is very nostalgic for me even if it looked bad. I never owned it out right, but pieced it together for the most part, but put the DC Direct sculpt on it. “Rooted” the hair and repainted the sculpt. It was my first real custom.
The V1 Joker and V1 TDK Bats were almost equally bad but most of us ate them up. Not much choice then except for that DC Direct which I definitely remember a lot of people customizing since HT‘s was so bad.

Now we’re all quality Joker rich. 🙂

The V1 Joker and V1 TDK Bats were almost equally bad but most of us ate them up. Not much choice then except for that DC Direct which I definitely remember a lot of people customizing since HT‘s was so bad.

Yea there was a lot of customizing to be had with those V1s and even the Medi TDK Bats. I really liked the MMS71, switching the stock wide shoulder body to a narrow then adding a custom cape to top it off. Getting rid of the beer belly that figure suffered was also interesting. I never understood why that happened.

Pretty cool have been around for the before and after turn in quality in this hobby. Definitely has the “back in my day” vibes :lol

Last edited:

Everyone remembers their first.

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve bought a “limited edition” figure on Sideshow. Reading through some posts on this forum, has Sideshow now initiated a queue system where you get in line to preorder?

Do you need to sign up beforehand? I’d appreciate any information. Thanks!

So after finding out some info I don't think there's much competition because unless you're attending toy fair forget it.

Same applies for Joker and Anakin, apparently it's a queue system so unlike Inart you won't be able to buy this. Hot toys is using a disgusting tactic again making people panic for that rooted set.

KG hobby said this when someone asked about Anakin and joker
Screenshot_20230726-081458.png

Why are people even saying "wait and see price"? We know the HK price, and going by past history with HK -> Sideshow conversion this will be close to $500.

See, in this photo, the picture on the left looks great, mean stance great likeness and the hair looks great. But the photo on the right...just loses it all. The expression looks soft, and the likeness is completely lost imo. Why is that? Some sculpts look great from all angles but some just lose it at the wrong angle, then again i do think this figure really only is designed to be looking right at you and not from the side.
1000030884.jpg

For me it was Bank Robber Joker on V1 body.

View attachment 651869

Up until this new DX, I have considered the extra head with the bank robber figure to be HT's best Joker portrait. DX01 and DX11 were downgrades to me.

I think we were all just so excited for the movie and that MMS was such a step above anything else on market, we were just excited for it. Once the initial wave of excitement passed, our eyes were opened to how much the head looked neither like Heath nor the movie Joker, it was just it's own thing altogether.

Back