Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m happy with IA’s Joker as the portrait and hair aren’t the only standouts of the figure, but the way we swap hands and forearms is pretty evolutionary to the medium.

I’m happy for those that held out for HT version, even though in many ways it’s a step back when compared with IA’s version, but nonetheless you’ll be getting a figure with a certain quality HT SHOULD HAVE been producing 5-7 years ago.

But alas, the trend setter is now playing catch up in a market they originally broke ground in.

Better late than never I guess?

A shame because an updated laughing sculpt + table/chair would have made this an overall more impressive and enticing offering even for those who ordered the INART version.

I don't care about shoving an awkward 1/6 tongue into the mouth of this sculpt. Use the laughing sculpt that already has all work done for them by ambrosias and just offer a diecast table/chair if you REALLY wanted to be fancy for no reason with it all.

460083-IMG-7271.jpeg
the-dark-knight-interrogation-joker-laughing-s7zebihgjq22sc98.gif

The-Dark-Knight-Interrogation-Scene-Explained-Free-Dark-Knight-Script-PDF.jpg

To be fair they can still offer that version. In fact it's probably the plan.

As much as the DX11 gets beat up on now it was a fun box to open for $300

Hot Toys has been doing a pretty good job lately with making their production pieces even better than their protos -- Cad Bane and Ahsoka come to mind.

But this is their first foray into wool hair, so anything can happen. Hopefully Anakin and Joker don't look like Chewbacca's hair in the box.

I have to disagree here, I think those HT gloves look bulky and over detailed with heavy lines.
Agreed, but...
I’ll have to wait and see how they look on the shelf but I was mainly interested in some of the hand poses HT is including that IA omitted.
I do like the gestures HT went with as well. However, I don't see them as better choices than IA, just different. I think you need both to sort of have a good complete set of hands. The unfortunate thing is that they don't match together well enough so there will be an obvious difference if you have one IA hand and one HT hand on the same figure.

Hot Toys has been doing a pretty good job lately with making their production pieces even better than their protos -- Cad Bane and Ahsoka come to mind.

But this is their first foray into wool hair, so anything can happen. Hopefully Anakin and Joker don't look like Chewbacca's hair in the box.
Chewbacca is almost a ten year old figure at this point. He takes a little work but can look pretty decent all things considered in my opinion.

Don't worry, HT will copy the innovations IA made with hair and deliver something similar. Not better, but similar, and not the kind of soft messy fur material we saw in the past.

Don't worry, HT will copy the innovations IA made with hair and deliver something similar. Not better, but similar, and not the kind of soft messy fur material we saw in the past.
I'm not so sure HT will put the heads in plastic containers. Maybe they will graduate from the plastic bag, but I'm guessing somewhere inbetween.... maybe a soft plastic "tube".

What does this mean?

Artists:
– Head (Prototype) Sculpted by Lu1yo314
– Head (Final Version) Sculpted by Yulli & Kang Taeho

I'm not a fan of Yulli's Joker work so far, so not sure why she still trying to sculpt Ledger after all these years. I think someone else should give it a shot instead.

What does this mean?

Artists:
– Head (Prototype) Sculpted by Lu1yo314
– Head (Final Version) Sculpted by Yulli & Kang Taeho

I'm not a fan of Yulli's Joker work so far, so not sure why she still trying to sculpt Ledger after all these years. I think someone else should give it a shot instead.

Presume the original artist gave them a cast (or digital file) and the HT sculptors finished it from there.

Presume the original artist gave them a cast (or digital file) and the HT sculptors finished it from there.
Yea I saw on some post that someone said HT used the "same data" of another sculptor so probably like you said - original artist gave them the digital file for the original sculpt and HT modified as necessary to add the eye features and whatever else.

A shame because an updated laughing sculpt + table/chair would have made this an overall more impressive and enticing offering even for those who ordered the INART version.

I don't care about shoving an awkward 1/6 tongue into the mouth of this sculpt. Use the laughing sculpt that already has all work done for them by ambrosias and just offer a diecast table/chair if you REALLY wanted to be fancy for no reason with it all.

460083-IMG-7271.jpeg
the-dark-knight-interrogation-joker-laughing-s7zebihgjq22sc98.gif

The-Dark-Knight-Interrogation-Scene-Explained-Free-Dark-Knight-Script-PDF.jpg
HT missed a trick in not going with a rooted hair laughing head sculpt.

As those who have the INART double set might have bought this as well to replace the jail cell version🤨

This won’t be the last 1/6 Ledger Joker. I’m sure InArt and Hot Toys will make other versions. And you will all argue that those ones are the best.

Why hasn’t anyone given him the rocket launcher?

29D620FE-57A2-4272-94CF-5FB69C439221.jpeg

0EA40D5C-E5E9-433C-95B0-950F6ABDDF6D.jpeg

This won’t be the last 1/6 Ledger Joker. I’m sure InArt and Hot Toys will make other versions. And you will all argue that those ones are the best.

Why hasn’t anyone given him the rocket launcher?

View attachment 651767

View attachment 651768

I’ve always wanted somebody to do a version purely based on the climax of the movie, complete with three Chechen Rotties and the ability to be displayed dangling upside down, personally:

IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

Oh no don't give HT, InArt ideas... first bazooka Joker, then Nurse Joker, gangster with money-on-fire Joker, head out of the car like dog Joker, and finally dangling from a building by his leg Joker.

In a few years, we will have the ability to recreate every Jokor scene frame by frame with all the Jokor variations HT and IA will release.

I’ve always wanted somebody to do a version purely based on the climax of the movie, complete with three Chechen Rotties and the ability to be displayed dangling upside down, personally:

View attachment 651769

View attachment 651770
I don't see why you cant just get a piece of string and dangle your figure upside down. Just make sure you have the rooted hair version

Back