Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of annoying how it seems everyone is just using each other as a reference for the clothing (Hot Toys - Daftoys- Topo - Inart, etc) instead of actual screen references. Things tend to get more and more inaccurate this way.

YES! A thousand times yes. This is a problem in ALL custom runs. People use memory, poor color-timed ref, or worst, other figures, to judge sculpts and clothing... rather than simply popping in the movie to see for themselves. It is maddening.

YES! A thousand times yes. This is a problem in ALL custom runs. People use memory, poor color-timed ref, or worst, other figures, to judge sculpts and clothing... rather than simply popping in the movie to see for themselves. It is maddening.
Agreed. This is something I've been saying for idk how many years when folks use different photos with from the set or some display of the costume. We should be going for screen accuracy IMO and not what it looks like in this one photo that one person took that one time with a good/bad camera while on set or at a convention with the costume on display. The only other photos I would use as a go-by would the early promotional photos with the light gray background

This is what makes me laugh, they're telling us about the clothing but surely they should of been this years ago? I'm possibly gonna grab the rooted purely to see how they go about this.

Will give credit to hot toys they actually include the clips for the pins.

FB_IMG_1690232648750~2.jpg
FB_IMG_1690232644344~2.jpg

Last edited:
I do really like the little details like the real, tiny, 4-hole buttons on the vest as well as the more accurate larger buttons on the purple coat. Sort of funny but that's also what I really like about my Mike Yuan Indy shirt - the little, in-scale sewn in buttons on the shirt. Once you see it, you can't unsee how much out of scale other shirts are with their buttons.

Kind of annoying how it seems everyone is just using each other as a reference for the clothing (Hot Toys - Daftoys- Topo - Inart, etc) instead of actual screen references. Things tend to get more and more inaccurate this way. Seriously what is up with that lime green vest? Every iteration regardless of manufacturer gets lighter and lighter. Also the missing pick stitching on the coat lapels that no one seems to include. Hot Toys could've really set theirs apart by including that.. but nope.

They need to watch this :

Last edited:
The only thing Hot Toys have done better is the sculpted hair. Rooted hair InArt wins easily.

I see much more Heath in the InArt sculpt.

Hot Toys purple coat looks too thick and oversized again. InArt tailoring is far superior.

InArt missed a trick by making both their sculpts to similar. Strange that HT have also not gone with a laughing sculpt.

Scary expression they've gone with showing the bottom teeth, looks good IMO. I ultimately passed on the InArt but now I again find myself going 'hmmm' with a Heath Ledger Joker. It never ends, does it.

Am I stupid for just standing pat with my DX11? This looks cool but I'm sure it'll be incredibly expensive.

Yeah, I'm very happy with the Ledger figures I have (DX11 and Bank Robber 2.0). I missed the Honor Guard version and still really want that one, so I would've been in for that or Nurse Joker, but like all the other Nolan updates, I'm passing until there's something new.

Am I stupid for just standing pat with my DX11? This looks cool but I'm sure it'll be incredibly expensive.
Not at all. Despite having the InArt Joker, I still like my DX11. The laughing head is awesome and the smirking head has a charm to it. Not to mention the interrogation set up.

This “Artisan” release looks like a gremlin to me.

394C00A5-1CC3-4F6A-B43A-0839A7251A96.jpeg

Something very off putting about it. Weird expression to choose. It’s a step up from their horrible 1/4 attempt, but neither the sculpted or rooted wow me.

Also another purple suit is boring. It’s been done to death. Would have been amazing if they did the nurse look with red rooted hair and the big toothy grin.

D2788EB4-2B4D-4C16-B6A3-F1E94A2941CC.jpeg

What Hot Toys have done here is boring. Another grenade rig, more of the defaced one dollar bills, another machine gun. Yawn. Not even a second head.

As long as you’re happy with what you have and don’t feel the need to upgrade then that’s all that matters. It’s your collection after all. Don’t feel pressured by anyone here.

That said, some of us are “stupid” enough to also be considering buying this even though we have the InArt too :lol

So folks who were saying that HT hasn’t been threatened by InArt, what more proof is needed? It will be interesting to see the price point? I picked up the IA, but probably would have opted for this had it been offered at the same time. But at this point I have too many Jokers as it is. However, I wonder if they’ll offer a Joachim Phoenix Artisan Joker.

I am going to order the new Artisan Anakin. My question is will the Artisan treatment extend to other HT figures.

Back