Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, well, well... Hot Toys finally made a good Ledger Joker! Thank you, InArt. :lol

Lots to criticize, I agree, but overall a really great Joker. I cannot wait for the in-hand comparisons of nicely futzed InArt vs HT Jokers. Of course, that's two years away... we may even have another HT Artisan Joker before then.

I would love to get that HT head as an option for my InArt Jail Joker (since the InArt expressions don't really vary too much when viewed across the room). Also, I want all those knives. But of course EVERYONE will be after those bits...

Oh, and I agree, the sculpted hair on HT looks better than the sculpted hair on InArt. Not sure how the production hair will look with HT, but I think everyone needs to consider getting a rooted Joker, at least one, on their shelf. Their first "Artisan"...

I think that Hot Toys needs to extend the receding hairline a bit more and flatten the hair some and it will look even better.
It makes a big difference-
ezgif-3-97dccad4cd.gif

It was fun showing the side by side comparison to my wife and 13 year old son and asking them to guess which was the thousand dollar figure and which was the four hundred dollar figure and having them both IMMEDIATELY jump on the Hot Toys being the 1k figure and InArt being the 400.

It was fun showing the side by side comparison to my wife and 13 year old son and asking them to guess which was the thousand dollar figure and which was the four hundred dollar figure and having them both IMMEDIATELY jump on the Hot Toys being the 1k figure and InArt being the 400.
Dude we get it dam. You don't like the inart figure.

Something that's bothering me with the Hot Toys version is the lack of weathering. I'm starting to notice it more and more lately with their figures as they try to up the game. They go through all this extra effort yet can't be bothered to dust and dirt up the clothing when it's much needed. It's one of the highlights on INARTs version when it comes to the outfit. They need to move away from this factory clean look.

gb5JyuB.png

Wow! I didn’t realize until seeing this that Hot Toys is significantly better than INART and I imagine will only be a fraction of the price. Not just the sculpt but the tailoring…the pilly terry cloth purple bathrobe on the IINART? Really? How could they have justified breaking the thousand dollar barrier?
What? Literally the same "pilly terry" bathrobe texture on the Hot Toys. What are you talking about?

l2Bi4nF.png

Last edited:
That never happened. :lol

Something that's bothering me with the Hot Toys version is the lack of weathering. I'm starting to notice it more and more lately with their figures as they try to up the game. They go through all this extra effort yet can't be bothered to dust and dirt up the clothing when it's much needed. It's one of the highlights on INARTs version when it comes to the outfit. They need to move away from this factory clean look.

gb5JyuB.png

What? Literally the same "pilly terry" bathrobe texture on the Hot Toys.

l2Bi4nF.png
Honest question how do you even make a 1/6th scale coat look like...a coat? Since they all never look like one to me anyway. What material would you really use?

Edit: my brain had a moment and forgot what a coat actually feels like. Nevermind 🤣🤣🤣

Gotta love how things revert back to childlike behavior for some when it comes to these things.
-"Mine is better! No! mine is better! You're stupid! No! you're stupid!" -
I've never understood when it comes to good products of a similar nature that one has to be better than the other just so someone can feel superior about themselves. Both the InArt and the HT have their strong points and weak points. You'd be fine with either and probably have an even more accurate looking figure to combine the best of both.

In terms of price, the only ones that can be directly compared are the sculpted, single versions since that's the only one that came as single pack for the InArt. It's totally NOT an equal comparison to say that InArt is $1000 to prove a point b/c that was $1000 for TWO rooted heads and nearly TWO full figures (only missing the blazer and overcoat for the jail figure), not to mention the large diorama display base with real metal and wood materials whereas HT would just use a printed cardstock backdrop and plastic.

Did you also tell them that the Inart figure was $350? Probably not.

What bizzare behavior especially after you posted this earlier in the thread:
So opinions on this figure will fall into two camps…the poor folks who paid $1k for the Inart figure will all declare this figure a disaster…everyone else for the most part will be very pleased with what looks like a really solid release from Hot Toys.
I’m already cringing in advance over how some folks who shelled out the thousand dollars are going to be gaslighting themselves into HATING this figure.
You are literally doing the thing you want people who bought Inart figures to do, except you're doing it with Hot Toys by hard kissing their ass. Weird stuff to see.

Last edited:
I’ll be honest: my biggest takeaway from this is how disappointed I am in both Hot Toys and InArt for one particular reason: as far as diversity of sculpts goes, they’re both kind of lame. I love the InArt, but I think the smirk is waaaaaay too close to the base neutral sculpt to really set it apart and, likewise, I feel like the lip licking sculpt and the “hit me” sculpt HT has done are waaaaaaay too close to one and other in that same vein. I don’t think it looks bad. I still love what IA did and I’m still pretty impressed with what HT’s done here. I agree that the hair’s too poofy in a lot of shots, but I think that, if you compared this figure to the DX 11 or where Hot Toys were previously (even, hell, their 1/4 scale offering), he looks pretty damn good. I just wish somebody would do that **** eating grin for once. I can’t believe it’s a character called The Joker, for Christ’s sakes, and not a one of these companies has been able to get him to crack a ****ing smile…

Gotta love how things revert back to childlike behavior for some when it comes to these things.
-"Mine is better! No! mine is better! You're stupid! No! you're stupid!" -
I've never understood when it comes to good products of a similar nature that one has to be better than the other just so someone can feel superior about themselves. Both the InArt and the HT have their strong points and weak points. You'd be fine with either and probably have an even more accurate looking figure to combine the best of both.

In terms of price, the only ones that can be directly compared are the sculpted, single versions since that's the only one that came as single pack for the InArt. It's totally NOT an equal comparison to say that InArt is $1000 to prove a point b/c that was $1000 for TWO rooted heads and nearly TWO full figures (only missing the blazer and overcoat for the jail figure), not to mention the large diorama display base with real metal and wood materials whereas HT would just use a printed cardstock backdrop and plastic.

We, the collectors, have won ultimately. To be quite frank as much criticism I have of Inart Joker, because I do genuinely think there's too many areas which are underwhelming for me to have kept my order, these two are clearly the best mass market Jokers.

The tailoring probably isn't as accurate as Inarts is but it looks of better quality and better fitting. And in terms of Inarts package deal of having to buy two figures to get rooted hair, this will be the better version to get. I never liked the sculpts for Inart Joker, and the plan originally was to buy the figure and get a custom Yuan sculpt to put on.

Well this comes out with one of the sculpts I was considering and a good job of rooting for the price of the overall figure. It's more of what I wanted than what Inart is offering.

In the end anyone who got Inart should be really happy, and now this is another great offering also. Nice to see Hot Toys finally step themselves up, because they fell so far behind. Competition is great! Can't wait to order this which I can safely say I've not felt in a long time for Hot Toys!

The slight towards HT on here is funny, though - I've not liked them for a long time, but damned if you do damned if you don't, right? :')

Back