Hot Toys The Dark Knight Joker DX/Artisan 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So folks who were saying that HT hasn’t been threatened by InArt, what more proof is needed? It will be interesting to see the price point? I picked up the IA, but probably would have opted for this had it been offered at the same time. But at this point I have too many Jokers as it is. However, I wonder if they’ll offer a Joachim Phoenix Artisan Joker.

I am going to order the new Artisan Anakin. My question is will the Artisan treatment extend to other HT figures.
Who is Joachim?

I'm wondering if HT will make adjustments to the volume of the rooted hair before the fig comes out, or if the thought of HT putting time into improving it is too generous.

That's what I found so off-putting, the hair looks way too big. The Anakin looks amazing and I plan on getting one if the price isn't too insane. It's as if they used the same amount of hair with The Joker and it just looks way too big to me. Other than that, this figure is pretty cool and I'm glad Hot Toys has serious competition now.

WWE wasn't great until WCW rolled around and almost pushed them out of business.

That is NOT the look I want from a doll looking at me on the shelf. It's sexual.
Hey that may be the only time someone looks at you like that..

chris farley GIF

I don't think the hair on the HT final product will look good because it doesn't look great on the current prototype. In fact, the HT prototype is not not quite as good as the InArt final product.

As for the sculpt, I like the teeth version, but the little tongue 😛 doesn't work well in figure form. He did that a lot in the film, but it's the kind of mannerism that works well in motion, not as a figure because the figure can't actually complete the motion, so it gets stuck with the tongue hanging out like some kind of pervert.

I'll say this, displaying both the Joker tongue head along with the crossed arm Bale will freak people out. :lol

If I was IA, I’d just announce an accessory pack with alternate head options for previous adopters and a limited run of new figures with the alternate heads/display options to differentiate from the OG release and take this shizz straight to the mattresses.:lol

So folks who were saying that HT hasn’t been threatened by InArt, what more proof is needed? It will be interesting to see the price point? I picked up the IA, but probably would have opted for this had it been offered at the same time. But at this point I have too many Jokers as it is. However, I wonder if they’ll offer a Joachim Phoenix Artisan Joker.

I am going to order the new Artisan Anakin. My question is will the Artisan treatment extend to other HT figures.
I don’t feel like threatened is the right term. More like they’ve taken note. Hot Toys is still the industry leader. InArt has one figure actually released. Not trying to discredit them but I don’t see it at this point.

So opinions on this figure will fall into two camps…the poor folks who paid $1k for the Inart figure will all declare this figure a disaster…everyone else for the most part will be very pleased with what looks like a really solid release from Hot Toys.
I’m already cringing in advance over how some folks who shelled out the thousand dollars are going to be gaslighting themselves into HATING this figure.
The real fun happened 6-12 months ago when people were gaslighting themselves into thinking Hot Toys would willingly let their Joker license expire lmfao

after numerous attempt and releases its kinda redundant buying another version from HT-ML Disney, we have been giving this company money since DX01

Inart gave us a good one on one take, yah its pricey and the box is bulky but still the headsculpt looks great

This would be good for other collectors coz now there is an option

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong aside from the jokes (no pun intended) I will be pre-ordering this and Anakin and black suit Spider-Man. So I hope it's not a **** show to got on the website and get one.

Probably will be hard to get both the Artisan figures. I’m leaning slightly more towards getting Anakin but if that one sells out and I can get Joker I probably will.

Back