Hot Toys THE BATMAN -1/6 Batman / Batman deluxe / Batman + batsignal set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have mine in hand yet, but I was thinking about the lining and figuring out something to put around the hem between the layers of fabric to act as a weight to weigh it down and get a better natural drape.
I was thinking of doing this. But I remember watching Dean's video and he mentioned how the second cape meant for the batcycle is better to work with because of the double layer and wires. I'd be in for one if any customizer can do it right. Also your above post about Tamiya weathering Kit was something I also was thinking about investing in after seeing Cap's photos. I heard it's also easy to remove with water.

WOW, man. Honestly, that looks spectacular. 👏🏻 well done.

Also, as a fellow tamiya weathering kit enthusiast, I just found this out and wanted to share- apparently they’re literally just soft pastels. So you get essentially the exact same effect and more colors by just buying a set of pastels. I just tried it the other day on a gunpla and I can confirm.

Thanks so much. ☺️ I’m planning to have another pass at it weathering wise as this was just a quick hour or so messing around.

Also patiently waiting for Oatys collar to arrive!

I was also planning to perhaps fold a hem into the bottom of the main cape and weigh it down, as you’ve also mentioned. 👍🏻

@Luisenigma1 The bike cape has the satin interior but it’s shorter than the main cape, and too short for regular display.

Thanks so much. ☺️ I’m planning to have another pass at it weathering wise as this was just a quick hour or so messing around.

Also patiently waiting for Oatys collar to arrive!

I was also planning to perhaps fold a hem into the bottom of the main cape and weigh it down, as you’ve also mentioned. 👍🏻

@Luisenigma1 The bike cape has the satin interior but it’s shorter than the main cape, and too short for regular display.
That's the material satin not silk, that's my bad but yes that's what the main cape should have had as the interior.

Also, as a fellow tamiya weathering kit enthusiast, I just found this out and wanted to share- apparently they’re literally just soft pastels. So you get essentially the exact same effect and more colors by just buying a set of pastels. I just tried it the other day on a gunpla and I can confirm.
Great tip.
So this assortment of pastels should cover all my basic weathering/distressing etc. needs for just £6.75!
1705195192436.png

And I have an Amazon gift card with balance leftover from Christmas.
Thank you uninspired gift-givers!

Great tip.
So this assortment of pastels should cover all my basic weathering/distressing etc. needs for just £6.75!
View attachment 683562

And I have an Amazon gift card with balance leftover from Christmas.
Thank you uninspired gift-givers!
Yes! And I tried various different applications as well. You can use the stick itself, you can use a brush or a q-tip, you can scrape it into a powder, even just rubbing the pastel onto your finger and applying it that way seemed like it would have its uses.

The bike cape (aside from the truly awful ‘weathering’) is definitely workable and far from terrible.

But I do look forward to Jaxon’s custom cape.
you gotta wonder why hot toys, even after making Batman figures for so long, still gets outdone in the cape department by other people. Every time a Batman is announced my mind goes to “I’ll wait until Jaxon does a cape first before I buy it”.

The bike cape (aside from the truly awful ‘weathering’) is definitely workable and far from terrible.

But I do look forward to Jaxon’s custom cape.
I think the bike cape looks surprisingly good on yours, honestly.

you gotta wonder why hot toys, even after making Batman figures for so long, still gets outdone in the cape department by other people. Every time a Batman is announced my mind goes to “I’ll wait until Jaxon does a cape first before I buy it”.
I think they just don’t care enough to get the capes right, or as right as we’d all like them to be.
There really is no reason they couldn’t or wouldn’t at this point, so it’s got to be a conscious decision in terms of budget or something. And I imagine that the vast majority of collectors, even among people who’d buy a HT figure, probably aren’t as detail focused as we folk. They just think “oh cool, it’s Batman and he’s got a cape, and it’s wired so I can pose it.”

Back