Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, anyone still having the same issue with the rod I had to do this, I too had excess rubber and had to cut mine, but mine still wouldn't catch, so I cut about a mm. below the metal/flush part of it. For me that was enough, I still had to muscle it but it caught. Don't know if that is gonna help anyone. I also called SS before I did this to make sure there was nothing else I could do and from what they said you just have to cut the excess and "muscle" it, If that still dosent work they only offer a full refund. I was told they aren't giving out any new rods or bases due to this problem, just a full refund. And I was lucky enough to not have to do this but I took apart the base and saw that its only a simple nut that fits into this plastic holder for the nut, not saying im a macgyver or anything but I was thinking if I went to a home depot or bolt and nut store and maybe found a nut that was a bit taller but the same width this would probably fix this, its so close to catching as it is so in theory if you could find one I think it would work. But again I didn't do any research on it. Again just trying to help out, hope this helps guys.

Hey guys, anyone still having the same issue with the rod I had to do this, I too had excess rubber and had to cut mine, but mine still wouldn't catch, so I cut about a mm. below the metal/flush part of it. For me that was enough, I still had to muscle it but it caught. Don't know if that is gonna help anyone. I also called SS before I did this to make sure there was nothing else I could do and from what they said you just have to cut the excess and "muscle" it, If that still dosent work they only offer a full refund. I was told they aren't giving out any new rods or bases due to this problem, just a full refund. And I was lucky enough to not have to do this but I took apart the base and saw that its only a simple nut that fits into this plastic holder for the nut, not saying im a macgyver or anything but I was thinking if I went to a home depot or bolt and nut store and maybe found a nut that was a bit taller but the same width this would probably fix this, its so close to catching as it is so in theory if you could find one I think it would work. But again I didn't do any research on it. Again just trying to help out, hope this helps guys.
Wow, no replacement poles just return the entire set? Lame. My 1st one had this problem but I haven't tried cutting it just yet as I'm opting to use smaller bases since the one that comes with this is huge and I'm displaying a trio.

Soo after further inspection did anyone notice that on the fore arms it says " gantlet deployment system" ...... gantlet.

Wow, no replacement poles just return the entire set? Lame. My 1st one had this problem but I haven't tried cutting it just yet as I'm opting to use smaller bases since the one that comes with this is huge and I'm displaying a trio.

I got the same response. Pretty bogus in my opinion. I love the fig so there is no way I am returning just kinda disappointed in SSC being this is the first issue I have had and this is their response.

So many replacement request, they probably ran out of those specific parts...cant blame them. What are they going to do with all the opened, faceplateless figures, QC issue is HotToys fault...
Apparently the best option is to keep this figure sealed in shipping box.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Soo after further inspection did anyone notice that on the fore arms it says " gantlet deployment system" ...... gantlet.

I saw it in every video, and it irked me immensely. But it's not enough to get me to sell it; how it looks in person will though.

Speaking of which, my Sideshow preorder finally shipped. :yess: But then they double charged me for shipping, which I'll have to get fixed on Monday. :gah:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27448-1334678959-13.gif

Well from what they were saying the pole isn't the issue its the base, well once you cut off the excess rubber they said. I don't know if this is completely true but tonight I will check my other rods to compare. And honestly this is a huge base I need to find more dynamic bases for sale and use those.

I'm surprised mine hasn't sold on ebay yet, I'll guess I drop it down another $50 tonight when the auction ends unless someone here want's it's

I'd like to get at least $425 out of it but I may have to sit on it a while until the prices go back up

steathironman_zpsuziztrt8.jpg

This is a mock-up of how I want to display my Stealth Iron Man. The container is hand-blown glass; the pattern will be antique mirror and applied to the inside of the glass. I got this piece at a flower shop; they were selling it as a flower vase. I'm also using an 8" round EOS LED Light panel. Will get a fabricator to create a metal framing structure for the light panel to hover above the top of the container.

Opened mine this morning. It's okay. Looks better in person. However, I'd rather have had Mark XV Sneaky if they were going this route.

Back