Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.:duff

I'm not a fan of the "crotch-grab" support on the MK VII base for this guy - it just doesn't feel secure enough. I'm definitely gonna swap it out with an extra C type support that I have at home.

Interesting. My Mk's 1-7 are on crotch grabbers and have been for a long time with no issues. I wish HT still included these smaller stands with the IM3 suits as the new bases are huge and the dynamic posts are unnecessary if you aren't posing them dynamically.

Interesting. My Mk's 1-7 are on crotch grabbers and have been for a long time with no issues. I wish HT still included these smaller stands with the IM3 suits as the new bases are huge and the dynamic posts are unnecessary if you aren't posing them dynamically.

It's not terribly unstable, it just doesn't seem as snug as it does with clothed figures like Cap and Spidey. I figure the black C type support will barely be noticeable around the Stealth's waist anyway.

I agree that regular stands should be included, I mean they probably wouldn't add more than .50 cents to the cost.

Could someone please provide detailed instructions as to how they fixed the base/stand issue? I tried taking the entire stand apart and there is no way the pole can reach through and catch onto the nut. This is absolute horse **** for how much I paid for this figure.

In the area where the nut sits when you have the base apart..I shaved that back with an exacto knife until it worked... trimming the rubber off the rod wasn't good enough for mine to work

In the area where the nut sits when you have the base apart..I shaved that back with an exacto knife until it worked... trimming the rubber off the rod wasn't good enough for mine to work

Even with the bottom part that contains the nut off I have tried getting the nut on and it will not catch on the threads. It's like there's not enough threads sticking out to catch.

Can you get the nut out of the bottom portion of the base...screw it to the rod slightly while it's through the top portion. . Then position the bottom and screw it all together?

Can you get the nut out of the bottom portion of the base...screw it to the rod slightly while it's through the top portion. . Then position the bottom and screw it all together?

That's exactly what I have been trying to do, but I can't get the nut to catch on the rod whatsoever. I feel like the rod I got has too much of a rounded end without threads so it won't catch. And Sideshow customer service has been absolutely no help. Essentially they have said deal with a defective product or return for a full refund. So disappointing.

If you just take the rod and the nut for the sake of testing the threads. .will it screw on?

If I take the stand apart completely and then stick the pole through the paper/cardboard stand covering as well as the top part of the stand and then attempt to get the nut to catch on the pole, I can't do it. It seems like there's too much of the pole that doesn't have threads on it. I'll try to take some pictures soon so I can show what I mean.

This is SO FRUSTRATING. Other than my Batman Armory/Bruce Wayne/Alfred, this is my most expensive figure to date and it kills me that this issue can't be resolved with Sideshow. I'm not normally this guy, but when you're throwing around this kind of money you want to see a certain level of quality. I have been repeatedly told that my only option is to return for a full refund - I don't really want to do that, since it's a limited edition figure and it really is a sweet figure...but it sucks that I can't display it how I would like to. I guess I could pick up a dynamic stand off of ebay, but they're quite overpriced.

What's a figure addict supposed to do?

I have a paint issue on the chest area and asked for a replacement chest piece but was told I could either keep it as is or return for refund. I'm sending it back tomorrow. It's a LE figure but if it has a paint defect spending the money doesnt sit well with me.

I had paint defects of the articulated right hand and the opened right hand. SSC replaced both for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A few quick snaps of Hot Toys Iron Man Mk VII stealth. This thing is ****ing gorgeous and can't wait to get a full review and pictorial knocked out.

Hi Res images:

1138.png

254.png

Back