Hot Toys The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Iron Man Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah see those of us that aren't watching SS and the forms as religiously as us are starting to get the info on this guy and try to PO, give it a few more days and you will probably have 100+ on the WL by then, if not more. Yeah in this collection world you gotta be quick about them orders lol.

You ain't lyin' :lecture

I would say zero chance this makes it back to preorder. There's an NRD and even if that wasn't an issue with collectors, many would still keep it and resell at a higher value. This will only go up in value as all the exclusives have increased in value since their release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say zero chance this makes it back to preorder. There's an NRD and even if that wasn't an issue with collectors, many would still keep it and resell at a higher value. This will only go up in value as all the exclusives have increased in value since their release.

Yeh, even going on 2 days since it went to WL I am not counting on my reservation converting but then we did see more than a handle full of peeps covert for Python (which ok took a few days vs a few hours to sell out) and the same with the Mk43 EX which you see a WL freak confirm maybe a couple times a week.

End of the day you never know, just depends on how many SS were able to get their hands on... We can assume demand was high but they may have not got as many as they did with say Python so there may not be as many potential cancellations as with Python.

I'm thinking SS probably got 600-800 of these. I'm thinking the conventions HT is going will probably have equal or less amounts being sold as well. Prob close to 4k made?

Maybe even less since this got sold out even with a NRD..

:exactly: good point.

I learned my lesson from the movie promo BD Mark VII earlier. I decided to think about the BD 7 and in that delay, I missed it. I saw this hit my email and immediately went in and placed my order.

I see one just popped up on Ebay. Asking $750.
That is crazy [emoji35]

Just hope some people do drop out but like someone said with there being a NRD it is highly unlikely

There is no way I'm paying over the odds for it, I was already in 2 minds with the current price

Didn't Sideshow just come out with the NRD rule on sixth scale figures in the last couple of weeks ? Seems like they did it just in time.....

That is crazy [emoji35]

Just hope some people do drop out but like someone said with there being a NRD it is highly unlikely

There is no way I'm paying over the odds for it, I was already in 2 minds with the current price

Didn't Sideshow just come out with the NRD rule on sixth scale figures in the last couple of weeks ? Seems like they did it just in time.....
Been around for a while.

We will only know for sure, if the NRD is deterring overly optimistic POs, when the figure is ready for shipping and cards start getting charged.. there may also be overly optimistic wait listers.. imho, it's difficult to tell until then, but I would expect the NRD, to reduce the number of cancellations.
:dunno

That is crazy [emoji35]

They've always had NRD's for the night priced figures of $300+. They've just recently added them to other $200+ figures, but it still doesn't encompass all $200+ priced figures as the AoU BW and Hawkeye have not been given NRD's with the purchase of one figure.

I think in view of the fact that Sideshow have only recently introduced the NRD, on a broader price range of figures than before, it may not immediately change people's PO habits (since Sideshow appear to have allowed customers an amnesty transfer of one NRD, in the past).. however I think it will concentrate peoples minds in the future, and should result in a more accurate indicator of a figure's pre-release popularity (or otherwise).. but with so many awesome 1/6 figures being previewed at the moment, from multiple great licenses, that is going to make for some very tough choices.
:panic:

They've always had NRD's for the night priced figures of $300+. They've just recently added them to other $200+ figures, but it still doesn't encompass all $200+ priced figures as the AoU BW and Hawkeye have not been given NRD's with the purchase of one figure.

Isnt there an assumption here (or is it something that has been published by SS?) that the new threshold for when a figure has an NRD applied is $250 (or more likely $249.99)? Pretty sure I have seen that said even if it is just speculation.

Isnt there an assumption here (or is it something that has been published by SS?) that the new threshold for when a figure has an NRD applied is $250 (or more likely $249.99)? Pretty sure I have seen that said even if it is just speculation.

NRDs certainly makes sense from Sideshow's point of view, rather than watch wholesale cancellations when a less desirable figure ships at the same time as shipping / pre-order is announced for a more desirable figure.. making forecasting genuine demand extremely difficult.

It will be interesting to see how NRDs effect the dynamics of Sideshow and Hot Toys reaction to a poor head sculpt reception, by collectors.. with an NRD, it is likely Sideshow will hit a brick wall for POs, if collectors do not like the head sculpt preview.. which means they will either have to respond quickly with a new and improved sculpt.. or, they may think the demand is not there and more figures will get stuck in 'Development hell'.
It could also mean we get more Hawkeye v1 type figures.. ie. much smaller production runs on some figures.

I think with the current price of figures, NRDs are going to become much more common.

I'm thinking SS probably got 600-800 of these. I'm thinking the conventions HT is going will probably have equal or less amounts being sold as well. Prob close to 4k made?

Okay, so who else can I order from if SideShowToys only has a small amount of the total?

Back