Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of years back, I used to have confidence in Hot Toys actually listening to their fan base and making improvements to sculpts from proto to final production but these days, we actually get the reverse - average/good/excellent proto sculpts either untouched or even looking (sometimes) worse in the final production piece.
My point being, I fear what we see is what we'll get.

hot_toys_hong_kong___the_dark_knight_rises_by_leekenwah-d5a1010.jpg

The cowl, the wayne head, and the inner, silk-looking undershirt. :monkey1:duh

A couple of years back, I used to have confidence in Hot Toys actually listening to their fan base and making improvements to sculpts from proto to final production but these days, we actually get the reverse - average/good/excellent proto sculpts either untouched or even looking (sometimes) worse in the final production piece.
My point being, I fear what we see is what we'll get.

I know what you mean. And why would they need to bother, as most people still PO and if they dont like it once they get it in hand, will sell it at a loss. HT still makes money. just like the Indy DX scenario. Its the collectors who have faith in HT whos taking the hit. :lol

I think I will only decide once in hand pics are up. A pity, as the accessories in this set looks amazing.

that batman face.. so... "I wanna flirt with you"..

Also the Bruce Wayne head, seems to have crooked chin :monkey1.

Why people is pre-ordering this? why don't you guys wait for EB version, they'll probably get the cowl right for sure...

Last edited:
I'll get the EB one too if they make it, I've ordered the DX12 and the 1/4 scale so far.

that batman face.. so... "I wanna flirt with you"..

Also the Bruce Wayne head, seems to have crooked chin :monkey1.

Why people is pre-ordering this? why don't you guys wait for EB version, they'll probably get the cowl right for sure...

Not everyone cares about the smallest details or inaccuracies. This is still an amazing figure. If EB releases their own, I'll probably buy that as well. I wouldn't expect that anytime soon though

Bizarrely the lines on the breast plate don't line up with the tips on the wings of the bat symbol. They do on the 1/6 versions. Odd that on a much larger canvas this is off. Bugs me every time I see it.

The details and accessories are amazing but it still feels like a blown up toy whereas the EB feels like a scaled down version of Bale dressed in the suit. I'd love to see what they could do with the TDK suit and cowl.

For doing what? as I don't linger on Facebook.

He's very full of himself, and, to be honest, very immature. Badmouthing the competition ("My name is Joker, too...but not 2.0"; calling HT "followers" even though he has followed their reveals with teasers on various occasions in attempts to steal their thunder, not to mention the fact that he blatantly ripped off their interchangeable faces technique). I'm not trying to be an HT fanboy, but one thing that I've never seen HT or Howard do is take potshots at the competition, and I respect that. I just think that that didn't show much character on Bill's part.

EDIT:

He's a cocky and arrogant turd. Mentioning his product like the second coming of Christ. Yet his MIB product was a disaster. All talk and no action. Sorry he produced an excellent batman figure. That's it.

What he said.

He's a cocky and arrogant turd. Mentioning his product like the second coming of Christ. Yet his MIB product was a disaster. All talk and no action. Sorry he produced an excellent batman figure. That's it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back