Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They still don't make the shoulder pads separate, do they?

For those who don't know, the shoulder pads are two pair each, the larger one is a part of the chest armor and the other one stuck to the arm.

Yeah, the 1/4 scale figure has the pads separated.

Tired of the same conversation again and again...HT 1/4 bat will be awesome after these dramatic changes. I don't care that much for BW head...For me figure is a must buy...I own EB bats and I am satisfied but overall HT is over the the top with this figure!

I am sorry for restarting this convo, new to these forums. But If I may ask before you go crazy about this convo, why do you think the QS001 is over the top compared to the Enterbay Batman?

Just before I make a purchase on one of the 2 I want to be sure.

Like the movement isn't fluid or it doesn't seem as natural when stood. These are all minor because as a whole it looks great but it's something i noticed straight away.

Well... I had this figure briefly and I think I know what you mean how it doesn't look natural in the standing position. It reminded my of an LJN Wresting figure. :lol The lack of articulation made it difficult to get into a natural pose.

Well I don’t know what it is, maybe I do just like the Enterbay one more haha. I am trying to like this one much more since it will probably be an easier purchase for me since hot toys are better at QC than Enterbay.

Like what you like man, don't force your self to like this. Besides despite what people think Hot Toys is not immune to QC problems. Some of the biggest disasters in figure history are from Hot Toys QC problems, not Enterbays. EBs just has more frequent ones but of course MIB were total disasters. :thud:

They still don't make the shoulder pads separate, do they?

For those who don't know, the shoulder pads are two pair each, the larger one is a part of the chest armor and the other one stuck to the arm.

Maybe if you showed us comparison pics we would understand more. :wink1:

First welcome to the forum! Then there is no reason to get crazy...just saying my thoughts...If you ask my opinion yes hottoys version with improvements is far better than EB.

First welcome to the forum! Then there is no reason to get crazy...just saying my thoughts...If you ask my opinion yes hottoys version with improvements is far better than EB.

Thanks a lot, i will probably wait to see more of the QS001 in action before I do anything.

as a whole has improved
compared to the first appearances
however it has to be reviewed at least three obvious things:
symbol, neck, suit under
then there are other imperfections less visible but can be seen by comparing

For me I never owned a EB figure. But from seeing videos the bodies seem very blocky and not very posable. Almost like it might as well be a statue. I much prefer the HT bodies . Plus I'm more a 1/6 scale fan over 1/4. They take up less space. But I do have room for 1 1/4 scale. And this HT fits the bill. Plus I like this suit alot more then the BB suit. So for me it was a no brainer to pick this HT batman over the EB.

Like what you like man, don't force your self to like this. Besides despite what people think Hot Toys is not immune to QC problems. Some of the biggest disasters in figure history are from Hot Toys QC problems, not Enterbays. EBs just has more frequent ones but of course MIB were total disasters. :thud:

:exactly: Thank you :)

For me I never owned a EB figure. But from seeing videos the bodies seem very blocky and not very posable. Almost like it might as well be a statue. I much prefer the HT bodies . Plus I'm more a 1/6 scale fan over 1/4. They take up less space. But I do have room for 1 1/4 scale. And this HT fits the bill. Plus I like this suit alot more then the BB suit. So for me it was a no brainer to pick this HT batman over the EB.

I won't agree or disagree with that. I usually pick a pose and stick with it. I'll just say that when I first got Enterbay Bats I did experiment with his poseability. Couldn't seem to find a pose that the figure wasn't capable of doing. Aside from something ridiculous like putting him in a pretzel or something like that.

:exactly: Thank you :)

I won't agree or disagree with that. I usually pick a pose and stick with it. I'll just say that when I first got Enterbay Bats I did experiment with his poseability. Couldn't seem to find a pose that the figure wasn't capable of doing. Aside from something ridiculous like putting him in a pretzel or something like that.

Thats good to hear, I have been hearing mixed results on this figures possibility. I just received a scarface Enterbay figure that had zero problems and has the best possibility out of all my figures. I also just got the Joker 2.0 which has awesome articulation but I think the scarface figure beats it.

I am only getting one 1/4 scale figure, I bought an Iron Man Mark 7 that I got specifically to fund this.

EB 1/4 bodies are great, and are very poseable. EB Batman's articulation is only hindered by the bodysuit, just like any of the "better" TTM bodies from Hot Toys are with the OC Batman and DX02.

I also dig the ratchet joints EB's 1/4 bodies have, they tend to hold the poses for longer periods of time while preventing joint fatigue as the bodies are heavier than a 1/6 scale.

Thats good to hear, I have been hearing mixed results on this figures possibility. I just received a scarface Enterbay figure that had zero problems and has the best possibility out of all my figures. I also just got the Joker 2.0 which has awesome articulation but I think the scarface figure beats it.

I am only getting one 1/4 scale figure, I bought an Iron Man Mark 7 that I got specifically to fund this.

I'm not surprised. I don't own the Scarface figure but because he's not wearing the kinda suit the Batman figure is, his poseability is not nearly as restricted. Like I said, i've tested the waters before settling on a pose and he passed all of the tests. Not sure what kinda poses others are attempting but mine are like the philosophy behind Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. They're based in reality.

I am confused about the Mark VII statement. You bought a Mark VII to fund the QS001? Why not just skip the Mark VII and put that money directly into this figure? Skip the middle man altogether.

EB 1/4 bodies are great, and are very poseable. EB Batman's articulation is only hindered by the bodysuit, just like any of the "better" TTM bodies from Hot Toys are with the OC Batman and DX02.

I also dig the ratchet joints EB's 1/4 bodies have, they tend to hold the poses for longer periods of time while preventing joint fatigue as the bodies are heavier than a 1/6 scale.

Agreed. The restriction is in the suit. But its really not all that restrictive. There's still plenty of room for movement. Like you said, the ratchet joints hold poses seamlessly without damage to the figure. Enterbay blows at QC but their craftsmanship is damn good.

I'm not surprised. I don't own the Scarface figure but because he's not wearing the kinda suit the Batman figure is, his poseability is not nearly as restricted. Like I said, i've tested the waters before settling on a pose and he passed all of the tests. Not sure what kinda poses others are attempting but mine are like the philosophy behind Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. They're based in reality.

I am confused about the Mark VII statement. You bought a Mark VII to fund the QS001? Why not just skip the Mark VII and put that money directly into this figure? Skip the middle man altogether.

Agreed. The restriction is in the suit. But its really not all that restrictive. There's still plenty of room for movement. Like you said, the ratchet joints hold poses seamlessly without damage to the figure. Enterbay blows at QC but their craftsmanship is damn good.

I flex paid the iron man, 56 dollars for 4 months, thats the only way I could handle getting him. I got him for 250 all together since I knew those figures ar very popular, I could sell him for enough to put me close to a Batman figure. I was going to get the dx12 batman but since the prices for him went up more then the Enterbay Batman and close enough to the QS001 I figured it would be smarted to get one of the big guys. I just recently looked into the Enterbay Batman and I was blown away but caughtious because its not sold out, and I see other people aren’t that amazed with it. I figured there must be something wrong with it.

I think it's not the suit being plain-looking. It's because it's NOT made by Hot Toys, period. All Batman Begins 1/6 from Hot Toys have their own problems -- from Jay Leno face plates to flaking suits to broken ankles -- and yet they're sold out and are fetching incredible prices everywhere. Because they're Hot Toys. Here in my country, I must be one of the very few who buy EB. If HT made that Batman Begins 1/4 EB released, it would be worth at least $600 now.
:exactly: Yeah,it seems that us EB fans are somewhat of a rarity my friend!I'm an EB fanboy!:yess:

The photo was taken by a guy called Mark Alibaya, dude. :hi5:

But speaking of agens pics, I can't wait to see your shots of this guy!
Hey THANX Platty for the info!:hi5:I didn't mean to imply that Agen took the PIC but that the HT Bats in the PIC. looked AWESOME!!SORRY for any mislead!!:pray::lol Anyway,the figure looks GREAT!I stopped buying HT figures well over a year now and just when i thought i was out,they bring me back in!!:wink1:Cant' wait!!
Do you think he looks better than the Enterbay Batman? Thinking of getting that figure but its really expensive.
I noticed that you have been asking that question a lot lately so i take it that you are really aching to get a 1/4 scale Bats,huh?!:) IMO,if you want a figure that represents the trilogy overall then it's the HT BATS hands down!I know that the HT is more expensive but for what it offers it's well worth the price of admission!I ♥ my EB Bats and I'm very fortunate cause i never had any major issues with any of my EB figures whether they be 1/6 or 1/4!Whatever figure you do decide on,make sure that you buy from a trusted seller or store!Make sure that they inspect the figure before shipping it out to you!GOOD LUCK on your future purchase my friend!!:wink1:

I think it's not the suit being plain-looking. It's because it's NOT made by Hot Toys, period. All Batman Begins 1/6 from Hot Toys have their own problems -- from Jay Leno face plates to flaking suits to broken ankles -- and yet they're sold out and are fetching incredible prices everywhere. Because they're Hot Toys. Here in my country, I must be one of the very few who buy EB. If HT made that Batman Begins 1/4 EB released, it would be worth at least $600 now.
:exactly: Yeah,it seems that us EB fans are somewhat of a rarity my friend!I'm an EB fanboy!:yess:

Hey THANX Platty for the info!:hi5:I didn't mean to imply that Agen took the PIC but that the HT Bats in the PIC. looked AWESOME!!SORRY for any mislead!!:pray::lol Anyway,the figure looks GREAT!I stopped buying HT figures well over a year now and just when i thought i was out,they bring me back in!!:wink1:Cant' wait!!

I noticed that you have been asking that question a lot lately so i take it that you are really aching to get a 1/4 scale Bats,huh?!:) IMO,if you want a figure that represents the trilogy overall then it's the HT BATS hands down!I know that the HT is more expensive but for what it offers it's well worth the price of admission!I ♥ my EB Bats and I'm very fortunate cause i never had any major issues with any of my EB figures whether they be 1/6 or 1/4!Whatever figure you do decide on,make sure that you buy from a trusted seller or store!Make sure that they inspect the figure before shipping it out to you!GOOD LUCK on your future purchase my friend!!:wink1:

Yea, I think I am just really looking at the figures and not the accessories. As a total package I no doubt think the QS001 is better, but I sort of feel fortunate to be getting a 1/4 scale Batman right now because I didn’t think I would have the money right now to afford either one, but luckily that Iron Man that I sold helped me out.

And Both the Enterbay and Batman 1/4, to me at least looks far better than anything I have in my collection. I just wish I can get a good look at the final product of the QS001 because I really want to pose my batman with the mask on.

I flex paid the iron man, 56 dollars for 4 months, thats the only way I could handle getting him. I got him for 250 all together since I knew those figures ar very popular, I could sell him for enough to put me close to a Batman figure. I was going to get the dx12 batman but since the prices for him went up more then the Enterbay Batman and close enough to the QS001 I figured it would be smarted to get one of the big guys. I just recently looked into the Enterbay Batman and I was blown away but caughtious because its not sold out, and I see other people aren’t that amazed with it. I figured there must be something wrong with it.

I see what you're saying now. I'm guessing you're okay with selling him then.. Biasedly speaking, I would be too :)

Unless you absolutely need to have a 1/6 Batman, skip the DX12 and go straight for the jugular that is QS001. I'd be doing you a disservice to tell you that DX12 is a better figure than QS001 right now.

Listen, a lot of people like to nitpick every little thing about one company and sniff the jock strap of another as if that company is without sin.. It comes down to this.. Enterbay Bats is worth the purchase. As long as you're paying somewhere in the 200-350 usd range.

A lot of my love for the figure comes from the fact that I love the character. I love the movies. And I love how true it is to the films. I would be considered more on the hardcore side of things. Which means i might be one of the people who would've bought this figure even if it truly did suck. I was gonna get QS001 regardless of if it was how it looks now or if it looked exactly like the prototype on page 1. I didn't care because i'm hardcore about it. At the same time, being hardcore means i'm less accepting of failure. I expect the figure to be a certain way. If EB Bats wasn't, i'd be *****ing about it every moment of everyday to everybody I came across.

Thats simply not the case. Not at all. Is it perfect? No. But show me a figure that is and we can talk. After a few mods that anybody with good judgment and common sense can do, it's a sight to behold.

Don't be persuaded or jaded because of others. This figure does have QC issues. At the same time, there are people who claim to have defect free figures. Is it a toss up as to what you'll get? Yes. Should it be? No. Did I know that before I got mine? Yes. Did it stop me from pulling the trigger? No. And i'm grateful.

I see what you're saying now. I'm guessing you're okay with selling him then.. Biasedly speaking, I would be too :)

Unless you absolutely need to have a 1/6 Batman, skip the DX12 and go straight for the jugular that is QS001. I'd be doing you a disservice to tell you that DX12 is a better figure than QS001 right now.

Listen, a lot of people like to nitpick every little thing about one company and sniff the jock strap of another as if that company is without sin.. It comes down to this.. Enterbay Bats is worth the purchase. As long as you're paying somewhere in the 200-350 usd range.

A lot of my love for the figure comes from the fact that I love the character. I love the movies. And I love how true it is to the films. I would be considered more on the hardcore side of things. Which means i might be one of the people who would've bought this figure even if it truly did suck. I was gonna get QS001 regardless of if it was how it looks now or if it looked exactly like the prototype on page 1. I didn't care because i'm hardcore about it. At the same time, being hardcore means i'm less accepting of failure. I expect the figure to be a certain way. If EB Bats wasn't, i'd be *****ing about it every moment of everyday to everybody I came across.

Thats simply not the case. Not at all. Is it perfect? No. But show me a figure that is and we can talk. After a few mods that anybody with good judgment and common sense can do, it's a sight to behold.

Don't be persuaded or jaded because of others. This figure does have QC issues. At the same time, there are people who claim to have defect free figures. Is it a toss up as to what you'll get? Yes. Should it be? No. Did I know that before I got mine? Yes. Did it stop me from pulling the trigger? No. And i'm grateful.

Ah thanks a lot man. Yea not a fan of the Iron Man movies, but I know they have a very passionate fan base so I got him to sell him to afford any Batman I could find. I have been looking at this one for a while but for some reason the Enterbay one is the one that really made my jaw drop as crazy at that sounds. I think I am just going to preorder the QS001 for now though and if I see anything I don’t like on it then I can always cancel and buy the Enterbay one. The QS001 just seems like the safer buy for me.

By the way when is the release date for this figure? On sideshow and BBTS I saw it said August, is that still the case?

Back