1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that they've made the body, they can re-use it to make Frog Lady since the same actor portrayed both characters :lol

Wait seriously?? If so that is interesting trivia and I do want Frog Lady in HT.

Okay, I'll say it (if no-one has already): We get Kuiil and Blurrg but still no Bespin Han!!??

(Yes, I know consumers always want the next big thing and Mando is so hot right now...)

I went with just Kuiil alone for now. Something tells my the blurrg may be around for a little while, so if I decide to get one of those as well, hopefully I?ll have some time to space things out a bit.

But the takeaway is...

ORDERED! :yess:

I'm not sure how the blurrg will do once released. There's three ways to get a blurrg. There will likely be more blurrgs out there then demand. Their $300 price tag should dip significantly for some time after release. I just don't see a ton of people buying it -- for either desire or space.

As you can see in this thread, Kuiil alone is far more popular. But HT has forced its own hand into making a sizeable amount of blurrgs, blurrgs with Mando and blurrgs with Kuiil.

I can't say I'm a fan of the rather goofy looking Blurrg. For me, the animal-ride that captures Star Wars most is trooper on Dewback with a close second being Hoth-someone on TaunTaun. I think its the image of 'Mando on Beast' that calls back to those images for me, and Fett on his dragon, moreso than really loving the design of the Blurrg.

I can't imagine HT doing something as large as the Dewback or something as complicated with fur as the Taun Taun... but I do hope so one day, as I do hope they may tackle Jabba.

I'm almost considering getting Kuiil and the Blurrg separately just in case I want to get rid of the Blurrg in the future. I don't see it particularly selling high, but a Kuiil by himself will be worth more than being with the Blurrg as seen by the Darth Maul DX 16/17 prices.

It's it weird that Kuiil is pictured carrying the swaddled Grogu in a few shots, but doesn't actually come with him? Feel like it wouldn't cost them must to include it unless I'm just missing it being listed.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I thought Kuiil comes with swaddled Grogu with Grogu's face totally covered but the separate Grogu pack has swaddled Grogu's face exposed.

Is there any benefit cost wise to buy them together or is the price the exact same?

I thought Kuiil comes with swaddled Grogu with Grogu's face totally covered but the separate Grogu pack has swaddled Grogu's face exposed.

Kuiil's only notable accessory is a bucket.

HT Kuiil 2.jpg

Okay, I'll say it (if no-one has already): We get Kuiil and Blurrg but still no Bespin Han!!??

(Yes, I know consumers always want the next big thing and Mando is so hot right now...)

I think a bunch of us are a little Mando'd out, I'm hoping this is the last release for awhile.

Just waiting for Kenobi and Jedi Luke...which is technically Mando but don't tell anyone that

Is there any benefit cost wise to buy them together or is the price the exact same?

There aren't any exclusive pieces; the price is Kuiil+Blurrg for $540 or Kuiil and Blurg separate for ($245+$315) $560, so you can save $15 by buying the bundle. In all honestly it's not that big of a price difference. I'm considering splitting them up so if I want to get ride of the Blurrg I don't have an empty box for Kuiil.

Kuiil's only notable accessory is a bucket.

View attachment 514552

It's a very nicely weathered bucket though, and the Blurrg can eat from it.

I still reckon they might have originally planned to give us the swaddled Grogu and a few other things, but it either made the pack too expensive, or didn't fit in the box with the Blurrg.

It's pretty rare that they do a pack like that. The last I can remember was the accessory pack for the Mk50 I think it was.

Anyway don't think I'll be getting it. Would be pretty easy to make a swaddled Grogu anyway.

It's a very nicely weathered bucket though, and the Blurrg can eat from it.

I still reckon they might have originally planned to give us the swaddled Grogu and a few other things, but it either made the pack too expensive, or didn't fit in the box with the Blurrg.

It's pretty rare that they do a pack like that. The last I can remember was the accessory pack for the Mk50 I think it was.

Anyway don't think I'll be getting it. Would be pretty easy to make a swaddled Grogu anyway.

I don't want any more brats or prams, but I do like the repulsor crate as a crate, and the loth-cat.

The cat is probably as close to Cara as HT will get. :lol

Though it's out of my collection focus, I'd like to see a variation in blurgg pose (I know, it's cost issue). Anyone that's gonna display Mando and Kuill on blurggs will have a pair of blurrg in perfect harmony.

It was a tough decision, but I decided to just get Kuiil alone. The blurgg is simply to large to add to my collection. Now I?m considering getting IG-11 to go with him instead. I know time is running out to make that choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered the stand alone blurgg already so was really relieved that there wasn’t a two pack exclusive

I ordered the stand alone blurgg already so was really relieved that there wasn’t a two pack exclusive

Haha I bet you were !! I almost did that as well. But had supreme faith that Hot Toys would not let us down.........a big risk to take I know ! :lol

It was a tough decision, but I decided to just get Kuiil alone. The blurgg is simply to large to add to my collection. Now I?m considering getting IG-11 to go with him instead. I know time is running out to make that choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got my IG-11 this week. Don't miss out, it's a great figure!

Back