1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the puposes of my display, the Sideshow Hammerhead works fine... I'm sure HT would make an excellent Bossk... but I feel like Greedo really needs a redo. Since he represented Han Solo's first on-screen nemesis, and established Jabba, he holds a special place in my earliest Star Wars nostalgia.

I suppose it is possible to resurrect him in the Kenobi series as a bounty hunter.

I'm sure Disney now knows Star Wars begins with a capital "N" for Nostalgia. I'm sure they'll fit Greedo in there any way they can. Wasn't he in the Phantom Menace playing with Ani as a kid as well ?

As much as I think the Blurrg is cool I think the single Kuiil is what I’ll be going with. Way too cool to not buy, and I almost guarantee once he’s sold out people who pass will wish that they hadn’t as he almost certainly won’t be remade.

Agreed.

Went with just the figure and a blurgg separately. Already have OG Mandalorian so I'll have plenty of display options. It will make an awesome season one display.

As awesome as he looks mounted on the Blurrg, I think I'm going to just stick with him. I gotta draw the line somewhere. I think I'd get something iconic like a Tauntaun, but for now I'm not going much more than something like a Speeder Bike.

I'm not sure how the blurrg will do once released. There's three ways to get a blurrg. There will likely be more blurrgs out there then demand. Their $300 price tag should dip significantly for some time after release. I just don't see a ton of people buying it -- for either desire or space.

As you can see in this thread, Kuiil alone is far more popular. But HT has forced its own hand into making a sizeable amount of blurrgs, blurrgs with Mando and blurrgs with Kuiil.

I can't say I'm a fan of the rather goofy looking Blurrg. For me, the animal-ride that captures Star Wars most is trooper on Dewback with a close second being Hoth-someone on TaunTaun. I think its the image of 'Mando on Beast' that calls back to those images for me, and Fett on his dragon, moreso than really loving the design of the Blurrg.

I can't imagine HT doing something as large as the Dewback or something as complicated with fur as the Taun Taun... but I do hope so one day, as I do hope they may tackle Jabba.

Last edited:
Sooo excited for this release. Anyone on the fence about IG-11 needs to jump on him quickly. I can see him going the same way as K2SO.

I'm not sure how the blurrg will do once released. There's three ways to get a blurrg. There will likely be more blurrgs out there then demand. Their $300 price tag should dip significantly for some time after release. I just don't see a ton of people buying it -- for either desire or space.

As you can see in this thread, Kuiil alone is far more popular. But HT has forced its own hand into making a sizeable amount of blurrgs, blurrgs with Mando and blurrgs with Kuiil.

I can't say I'm a fan of the rather goofy looking Blurrg. For me, the animal-ride that captures Star Wars most is trooper on Dewback with a close second being Hoth-someone on TaunTaun. I think its the image of 'Mando on Beast' that calls back to those images for me, and Fett on his dragon, moreso than really loving the design of the Blurrg.

I can't imagine HT doing something as large as the Dewback or something as complicated with fur as the Taun Taun... but I do hope so one day, as I do hope they may tackle Jabba.

I think Mando stuff will be popular for decades to come. Even if there is a cooling off period it will come back into vogue when today's children grow up.

My personal favorite mounted creature is Hoth Luke on Taun Taun but there is something about a gruff old resourceful ugnaught on an ugly fish-lizard that suits Star Wars perfectly.

Here is my question.. will the Blurgg fit in a detolf? It's listed at 14.56 inches, but is that with the base or without? Is it attached to the "stone" base? None of the pictures has it without.

It's it weird that Kuiil is pictured carrying the swaddled Grogu in a few shots, but doesn't actually come with him? Feel like it wouldn't cost them must to include it unless I'm just missing it being listed.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

It's it weird that Kuiil is pictured carrying the swaddled Grogu in a few shots, but doesn't actually come with him? Feel like it wouldn't cost them must to include it unless I'm just missing it being listed.

But they want you to buy the set.

Nolte as Han Solo.... just think of Nolte in 48 hrs, and then try to think of him hog-tied from a log above a bundle of Ewoks. :lol

Eddie Murphy as Luke with Nolte as Han slapping Wuher around and turning his cracker Cantina upside down.:lol

I?m really happy he?s released, but (and I know most of you are tired of this argument) I continue to be frustrated by these constantly escalating prices.

For Kuiil, you can argue that they had to design and create a brand new body, etc. and that makes some sense, but with the volume of business Hot Toys does, you know this could have been absorbed in the general ?cost of doing business? fund. I?d even argue that the custom design and tailoring required for EVERY new figure would be more costly than coming up with a new body.

Bottom line is that they know collectors represent a much different market than for other more traditional goods and services.

In other words, we?re addicted, they know it, and we?re much more likely to rearrange finances, Flex Pay ourselves to the moon and back, and take out a fourth mortgage before we say ?No? to Kuiil! :lol :rotfl :lol

So I guess thats another $245 they won from me due to my inherent weakness! :yess:

The new body is a major plus (thought it'd just be on an extended Jawa body) and the other thing that's weird is that Kuiil is taller than I remembered from the show. He's only around 2" shorter than a 1/6 Mando.

Ugnaughts in ESB came up to just above the elbow of a 6' human, but Kuill is more like shoulder or even a tad taller.

So this isn't really a "1/2 a fig" the way a HT Jawa is - he's more like 3/4 of a full size fig or more (and has a somewhat complex outfit) so the price makes a bit more sense. Still feel like he should have been closer to $200.

It's extortion to get you to buy the overpriced Grogu expansion pack. It worked on me;)

But I kinda agree that maybe it shouldn't be featured so prominently in the product photos. It's kinda misleading.

I'm gonna hold off on preordering until I can decide if I want the Blurrg or not, but I will definitely be getting a Kuiil.

Kuiil is a must but I too am not sure if I need the Blurrg.
I know it's a tough one! At least Kuiil... but the Blurgg (Fishzilla)? Hmmm not so sure? Undecided now that we're seeing the official pics? Kuill-Blurgg vs Kuiil-IG-11?

I had zero doubts that this would not come out. I want Kuiil and a Blurrg but right now and we?re only 6 months into 2021 and I?m almost tapped out for 2022. These $500 sets are brutal, so Kuiil will be ordered today, next year once the Blurrg comes out I?ll likely pick one up
Me neither, zero doubts. Brutal is an appropriate word. 2022 2nd Q... Ouch! Tell me about it! And there's still the maybe coming soon S2 Mando & Speederbike? What... 4thQ? :thud:

I?m really happy he?s released, but (and I know most of you are tired of this argument) I continue to be frustrated by these constantly escalating prices.

For Kuiil, you can argue that they had to design and create a brand new body, etc. and that makes some sense, but with the volume of business Hot Toys does, you know this could have been absorbed in the general ?cost of doing business? fund. I?d even argue that the custom design and tailoring required for EVERY new figure would be more costly than coming up with a new body.

Bottom line is that they know collectors represent a much different market than for other more traditional goods and services.

In other words, we?re addicted, they know it, and we?re much more likely to rearrange finances, Flex Pay ourselves to the moon and back, and take out a fourth mortgage before we say ?No? to Kuiil! :lol :rotfl :lol

So I guess thats another $245 they won from me due to my inherent weakness! :yess:
I'm glad they released him too, and NOT in the 2nd Q 2002 LOL! They know how their base thinks. Yepah! They always know. Anyways, Kuiil paired with IG-11 will be an awesome display option.

Here is my question.. will the Blurgg fit in a detolf? It's listed at 14.56 inches, but is that with the base or without? Is it attached to the "stone" base? None of the pictures has it without.

You will have to mod that Detolf, mostly the shelf height in order to fit the whole set of Blurgg with Kuiil on top of it.

Timewalker has Kuiil up. No free shipping on the Blurrg set because of size, but you can get it by combining single Kuiil and the silly but now necessary Grogu expansion pack.

Which is what I did also. HT is getting a bit too cute by half.

They offer Beakar Mando w OG pran. Show pics of the kid in a blanket w Quiil in prod pics but don't include it. Kind of important if you get the Quiil set.

Anyway the kid pack completes OG and Kuiil.

Back