1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just like the look of the ROTJ variety. Jabba's Palace must double as a failed fat farm based on many of it's inhabitants.

Gotta say I agree here. Those skinny legs looked ridiculous. It was more the proportions and made them look like cheap cosplayers.

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

Screenshot 2021-06-06 at 21.15.25.jpg

The Sequel Trilogy lowering the bar has really impacted how I digest ultimately minor nits in new content. Couldn?t care less about these slimmer aliens. Not sure that?s a good thing :lol

Gotta say I agree here. Those skinny legs looked ridiculous. It was more the proportions and made them look like cheap cosplayers.

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.

View attachment 514695

Yeah the green painted stuntmen in overly large gamorrean masks really did not look good. I get that they were going for more physical looking ones for the arena, but later on you see one of these exact ones in Jabba's palace. They just didn't work for me.

I guess since the Jawas were so inconsistent in their heights even in the first Star Wars, no reason why an Ugnaught can't be a 'towering giant' among his people. :lol

Also, the ESB Ugnaughts were unusual in that their faces were drastically different from each other. Some had a more goblin look, others had that more prominent pig-like snout/face. They almost looked like sub-species of a creature, not just wide diversity/variation you'd find in a group like with the ewoks.

Given how little variation there's been in a creature like Greedo's species, the Ugnaughts were kinda unique in SW in that regard.

I found Ugnaughts to be kind of scary as a kid - something about their sounds too. The face on my custom Ugnaught freaks me out a little when I work on it - it has a sort of horror movie vibe of someone wearing a pig mask.

Do they all have to look the same though? Humans dont so why should aliens?

I assumed they a were a different species of Gammy in Mando - head and costume similarity aside, they just appeared totally different.

I did think maybe the fimmakers made them almost like Sumo wrestlers, where you see the younger trainee sumos with more normal body proportions whereas the experienced ones are massive. You'd think the Mando filmmakers could have achieved something closer to the ROTJ look if they had wanted to, so it must have been intentional.

Also, the ESB Ugnaughts were unusual in that their faces were drastically different from each other. Some had a more goblin look, others had that more prominent pig-like snout/face. They almost looked like sub-species of a creature, not just wide diversity/variation you'd find in a group like with the ewoks.
I found Ugnaughts to be kind of scary as a kid - something about their sounds too. The face on my custom Ugnaught freaks me out a little when I work on it - it has a sort of horror movie vibe of someone wearing a pig mask.

I was looking at photos of the ESB Ugnaughts the other day, and thought how similar Kuill was to the 'Chief Ugnaught':

latest

And also how the one with the big pig snout ended up as a Kenner figure, and coloured my memory of how they looked as a species.

1623136944023.jpeg

And speaking of scary, this is the Chief Ugnaught mask as worn by Jack Purvis:

chiefugeecr-2.jpg

It sold in auction last year for $34,000/

I think a bunch of us are a little Mando'd out, I'm hoping this is the last release for awhile.

Just waiting for Kenobi and Jedi Luke...which is technically Mando but don't tell anyone that

*looks around at site update* What in the fuzzy hell is this....?

But otherwise: SILENCE, HERETIC there is no such thing as too much Mando stuff, especially since we don't yet have Armorer, Fennec and a few others. Including Mando Luke! I am truly shocked at HT not providing Mando Luke. With.... you got it, yet another Grogu.

Are the gamorean guards shown in the BoBF teaser the skinny ones? They looked skinner than the classic ones but I guess their armour made them look less skinny than the naked ones.

I had no idea the Ugnaughts have different faces, all this time I assumed they all looked rather similar to Kuill with minor variations.

I'll pick up Kuiil on Blurrg once I get a coupon. While I do wish I had picked up a second Taun Taun at the time, no interest in a second Blurrg.

*looks around at site update* What in the fuzzy hell is this....?

But otherwise: SILENCE, HERETIC there is no such thing as too much Mando stuff, especially since we don't yet have Armorer, Fennec and a few others. Including Mando Luke! I am truly shocked at HT not providing Mando Luke. With.... you got it, yet another Grogu.

lol now we get notifications when people like or respond.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more Mando…down the line, I just want more focus on the OT, PT and TCW for awhile.

lol now we get notifications when people like or respond.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more Mando…down the line, I just want more focus on the OT, PT and TCW for awhile.
Yeah I like that. I usually forget some threads where I mentioned something and wanted to see the response of others to it.

I would like to respond that more focus be to the OT of course!
I'm inclined to get this, if only to tell HT to make more aliens.
Marvel I only get the big name characters, in SW, you want all the background aliens that are seen for 2 seconds!

Buy something now and regret it later...this is the way.

Back